Making a Golden Gun, dims details and HELP!

1234568»

Comments

• JamesBond0072001JamesBond0072001 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    texas007 wrote:
    Anyone here got plans, at least for the lighter (chamber)?
    c'mon seriously what are you going to do with it? Just buy the FE Golden Gun offered in this post and be done with it man
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46943/bond-items-for-sale-incl-golden-gun/
    This is the best advise you got - take it!

I might buy it, but I enjoy building things. In a few weeks il post pics of my from russia with love case im builing.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    OK Mick, I know you've been away for while, but coming back with a new user name and then trying to do the same old things again just 'ain't going to wash, good try though :D :)) :D :))

Just in case you're not Mick then please take the advice given. If you want to get into making props then start small and simple, this will give you an opportunity to show attention to detail and make things as Screen Accurate as possible - believe me even the simplest looking props can throw up many hurdles and problems, once you're happy with the result, post pics and you'll get all the advice you need, good and bad, to help you improve. I found this group and many of the individuals lurking within an invaluable resource, if you wish to digress away from Bond the the RPF is also a good resource. Don't be upset though, if you jump straight in with Golden Gun and Briefcase aspirations, you will get burnt. Hope this helps {[]
    Hahaha im actually not mick, :)) I have already startedthe case so I will finish it but I am going to take your advice to start small. I might do the grapple gun from golden eye since I already have an airgun that il use as the base. Shouldnt be too hard.
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    The case is as difficult as the golden gun - unless you don't care about screen accuracy then it is a piece of cake.
    Look, if you want to do the case right - show me your screen accurate knives - if you can't do the simple knives right - forget the case.
    but of course if you for go screen accuracy and just want to put together a piece of something please go ahead - we love to see what you come up with
    Hahaha im actually not mick, :)) I have already startedthe case so I will finish it but I am going to take your advice to start small. I might do the grapple gun from golden eye since I already have an airgun that il use as the base. Shouldnt be too hard.

BTW, this is really too funny - I will give you two years - enjoy -{ -{ -{
    texas007 wrote:
    The case is as difficult as the golden gun - unless you don't care about screen accuracy then it is a piece of cake.
    Look, if you want to do the case right - show me your screen accurate knives - if you can't do the simple knives right - forget the case.
    but of course if you for go screen accuracy and just want to put together a piece of something please go ahead - we love to see what you come up with

I plan on doing one screen accurate case and another one withas many james bond esque gadgets i can come up with. Givr me a 2-3 months
    texas007 wrote:
    Hahaha im actually not mick, :)) I have already startedthe case so I :D will finish it but I am going to take your advice to start small. I might do the grapple gun from golden eye since I already have an airgun that il use as the base. Shouldnt be too hard.

BTW, this is really too funny - I will give you two years - enjoy -{ -{ -{

Ehh I think im gonna need three :)) :D {[]
    I plan on doing one screen accurate case and another one withas many james bond esque gadgets i can come up with. Givr me a 2-3 months

this is as far as I got
    uWQh6sMzSPU2xjMo4HNN6-4k91IzMsPKBWPi6qRsQR2OvlvJiyZ2SC9UNWrxKi38O7xpd-TN6r3f4r-hDf8pmh0sIeelJInoPFPID7LSFbwNNBTWYjZXkqvb7NUoMDobr00SHGp2AxDQugdgoSWeVmgzTS43RcLiHRNkMFZQ4VjUTy3MzKEyBAJWvsFU35EwaVbmlRCIsDYtJ0IUCxThD7NlGfhAl74SLlq4fAbsTiwfZUFfYkyjafzf-0CtA0_aNegAE5VRCTeL1ZqTREV1Sy-QSsjl4XI3y_huSyePld1PIQ6d78FR4DfhjOfAiBqkgJ3pT_coEFXxDTLNbQoDFQiAEktSPGV-CBT8ZByCjww44JpqgwiKNEjZR16_-gHa_1eiA61KxxxrSM7QKOQGu_TzPAHcfpZY5nNt_YJYI9QiYAVkHu5rBRSOIjOpgBna_vh-VS3aehrGpJJvy3DCEwsS4ERblQp033jG9Hckx-vIEJLxvsXMKiM3HZZo-qoc1HnQOD8FXRn9PdMLoOR1P8vrCB2nZO9Dkxxmg2-DIG0=w945-h627-no
    wonder which stage you are in?

Lets see if you can do what you say .... I have been here long enough to see so many of you come and go :))
    texas007 wrote:

this is as far as I got
    uWQh6sMzSPU2xjMo4HNN6-4k91IzMsPKBWPi6qRsQR2OvlvJiyZ2SC9UNWrxKi38O7xpd-TN6r3f4r-hDf8pmh0sIeelJInoPFPID7LSFbwNNBTWYjZXkqvb7NUoMDobr00SHGp2AxDQugdgoSWeVmgzTS43RcLiHRNkMFZQ4VjUTy3MzKEyBAJWvsFU35EwaVbmlRCIsDYtJ0IUCxThD7NlGfhAl74SLlq4fAbsTiwfZUFfYkyjafzf-0CtA0_aNegAE5VRCTeL1ZqTREV1Sy-QSsjl4XI3y_huSyePld1PIQ6d78FR4DfhjOfAiBqkgJ3pT_coEFXxDTLNbQoDFQiAEktSPGV-CBT8ZByCjww44JpqgwiKNEjZR16_-gHa_1eiA61KxxxrSM7QKOQGu_TzPAHcfpZY5nNt_YJYI9QiYAVkHu5rBRSOIjOpgBna_vh-VS3aehrGpJJvy3DCEwsS4ERblQp033jG9Hckx-vIEJLxvsXMKiM3HZZo-qoc1HnQOD8FXRn9PdMLoOR1P8vrCB2nZO9Dkxxmg2-DIG0=w945-h627-no
    wonder which stage you are in?

Lets see if you can do what you say .... I have been here long enough to see so many of you come and go :))

I understand your skepticism, im a hunter and my friends always ask me to teach them and nothing ever comes of it. Only one if them got somewhere. So far I have stripped the case and im working on the ammo tubes and the inserts hide them and the knife mechanism. For the knifes im going to hand make them out of a small thin bar of steel. And btw your stuff looks pretty screen acurate, you planning on finishing it?
    Also nice ar7 btw, cool little 22. Wood stock like the movie?
    when time permit - after all it is just a hobby :)
    Do the older armalite ar7s shoot good? Never shot one but heard they jam quite a bit. I want to buy the henry ar7 and put it in a armalite stock if thats the case.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    This is getting too funny, I am suspecting some trolling going on here :)) :)) :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    the ar-7 is so accurate I shot an old guy's telescope out his hand last week as he went past on the moon.

had to rest it on a fat blokes shoulder though.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org