SkyFall Clothing, Accessories, Etc...

Comments

• DemeanDemean Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Demean wrote:
    Was just in Rogersons Fine Footwear. Bought the Islays! The brown leather ones are labelled as Harry in-store, and the Islay is the same shoe in a roughed out/weathered suede. The latter is possible the one used in the movie!

By the way, the shoes are a good 100 pounds cheaper from Rogerson! So if you're lookinf for one in the UK, I would suggest that place.

Can you explain a bit more mate, don't quite follow

Basically, Rogersons order massive amounts from C&J. I've been told that they request changes in shoes, so they have models that you don't find in the standard line, and they have different names.

Fo example, I just bought a pair of Islays. But on the inside of the boot, it says Harry. You can get the same shoe in a different finish (the roughed out suede) and on the inside it'll say Islay.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    So the finish on yours is not what C&J offer?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    So the finish on yours is not what C&J offer?
    My ones are these ones: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Islay-Darkbrown
    But they're under a different name, because they're a different last.

Rogersons have other finishes that C&J don't offer.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    C&J also offer the Islay in 'roughed out/weathered suede' and call it the Islay in bronze calf - http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Islay-Bronze.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    C&J also offer the Islay in 'roughed out/weathered suede' and call it the Islay in bronze calf - http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Islay-Bronze.

True! But the one's at Rogersons were brown suede and not bronze. http://www.rogersonshoes.com/men_smart2.html
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Demean wrote:

True! But the one's at Rogersons were brown suede and not bronze. http://www.rogersonshoes.com/men_smart2.html

Hi
    These seem like a great find at Rogerson's - thanks for sharing!
    Can I ask if the actual shape of the Rogerson's Harry shoe is any different to the C&J version? They both seem to have the same scotch grain leather and dainite rubber soles but I'm not sure about the shape/last?
    Also, are they waterproof?
    Many thanks
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have a cheaper alternative/replica link??

ASOS were doing a light blue. I had a quick look and this is as close to the OB as I could find with the right sort of back pocket

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Swim-Shorts/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1890418&cid=13210&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Navy

A slightly less accurate but better colour:

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Washed-Out-Swim-Shorts/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2130508&cid=13210&Rf-400=53&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Blue
    dr go wrote:
    Demean wrote:

Hi
    Can I ask if the actual shape of the Rogerson's Harry shoe is any different to the C&J version? They both seem to have the same scotch grain leather and dainite rubber soles but I'm not sure about the shape/last?
    Many thanks

No problem. I tried on both the Islay and the Harry. The Harry is on a different last, but I couldn't really feel a difference in the hosrt time I tried them on. The Harry is on the 228 last, while the Islay is on the 365 last. I'm sure if we emailed C&J they'd clarify the differences between the lasts.

Everything else seems to be the same though.
    Demean wrote:
    dr go wrote:
    Demean wrote:

Hi
    Many thanks

No problem. I tried on both the Islay and the Harry. The Harry is on a different last, but I couldn't really feel a difference in the hosrt time I tried them on. The Harry is on the 228 last, while the Islay is on the 365 last. I'm sure if we emailed C&J they'd clarify the differences between the lasts.

Everything else seems to be the same though.

Thanks! Might email C&J to find out
    Just got the following info from C&J:

Thank you for your enquiry through our website and your interest in Crockett & Jones.

The boots which we supplied for Skyfall were 'Islay ' in Dark Brown Scotch Grain. These are made on the 365 last. This is a calf leather so it is not waterproof but it does have a storm welt and Dainite studded rubber soles which should help in wet conditions. The Harry boot is a style which we make for our customer 'Thomas Rogerson' in Scotland. This is very similar but is made on the 228 last. This would only be available from Rogerson's shops in Scotland.

We do also make a version of the Islay boot in Bronze Oiled leather for our retail shops. This is a heavy, waxy side leather which would be more water resistant. This also has a heavier Ridgeway rubber sole and storm welt which also makes it more waterproof. It is a more rugged version I would say. This is not a calf leather and doenst require as much finishing/polishing as the scotch grain calf leather which is why there is a difference in the price.
  • luckymanluckyman Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Are the suits DC wears in skyfall all have similar cuts to them? Basing on pics they all look the same except the color/fabrics used.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    luckyman wrote:
    Are the suits DC wears in skyfall all have similar cuts to them? Basing on pics they all look the same except the color/fabrics used.
    I believe they're all Tom Ford's "Falconer" cut/model, but don't take my word for it.
  • theartisttheartist Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    In light of the 50th Anniversary of James bond I am selling an exclusive limited run shirt. You can bid on the item below this link and please read the description carefully. 50% of proceed will be going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure of New York.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMES-BOND-0...item337d0ddf60

JAMES BOND 007 50TH ANNIVERSARY Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig have all played James Bond. Now get an exclusive glow in the dark shirt Walther PPK. The image is a technical break down of a Walther PPK. This is a extremely limited item. Only 2 have been made. The image is printed on the back of the Hanes ComfortSoft T-Shirt. The shirt size is a Medium. It has not been worm, comes from a smoke free environment. Half of the proceed will be going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure of New York. Please note that the images have been edited because of the fact that it is so hard to take pictures of items that glow in the dark. Glow-in-the-dark.
    _MG_1283.jpg
  • Cubby wrote:
    luckyman wrote:
    I believe they're all Tom Ford's "Falconer" cut/model, but don't take my word for it.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but has there been any explanation of the difference(s) between the alleged Falconer suits used in the film and the O'Connor suits being sold as the Skyfall Bond suit by Tom Ford? Is the difference just that the Falconer jackets have 3 button 2 fronts and the O'Connors 2 button fronts?

Last, can anyone confirm the colours of the previously unseen dark suit in the "Word" and "With Pleasure" TV spots? It appears to be solid navy with either a really pale blue or grey shirt and a darker grey tie.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Cubby wrote:
    luckyman wrote:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but has there been any explanation of the difference(s) between the alleged Falconer suits used in the film and the O'Connor suits being sold as the Skyfall Bond suit by Tom Ford? Is the difference just that the Falconer jackets have 3 button 2 fronts and the O'Connors 2 button fronts?

Last, can anyone confirm the colours of the previously unseen dark suit in the "Word" and "With Pleasure" TV spots? It appears to be solid navy with either a really pale blue or grey shirt and a darker grey tie.

I wouldn't really call the suits in Skyfall 3-button-2 since the lapel doesn't roll to the middle button, it just rolls over the top button, as most full canvas suits will. The Quantum of Solace suits are 3-button-2.

I heard from someone who saw the film that the other suit is navy, but I have yet to look at the television spots.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt S wrote:
    Cubby wrote:

I wouldn't really call the suits in Skyfall 3-button-2 since the lapel doesn't roll to the middle button, it just rolls over the top button, as most full canvas suits will. The Quantum of Solace suits are 3-button-2.

I heard from someone who saw the film that the other suit is navy, but I have yet to look at the television spots.

D'oh! I really should have noticed that. I really don't understand why they went for the 3 button look in Skyfall. As photos of Craig at a recent photo call in New York have shown, better fit aside, 2 button suits seem more flattering to his muscular physique as they were for Connery.
  • parasparas Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    skyfall_phone.jpg

Any one know who makes this item? saw it in the trailer
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    dr go wrote:
    Crockett & Jones

Does anyone have a good picture of the Harry Boot?
    Bought the Highburys today in London and a Sunspel Riviera. Can tell Bond fever is about, both shops asked me if I was aware of the 007 connection (I of course said No) (:

Also had a good look at the smashed up Land Rover in Harrods!!

No Skyfall Tom Ford ties in selfridges or Harrods :(
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    congrats,mate!

-{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bought the Highburys today in London and a Sunspel Riviera. Can tell Bond fever is about, both shops asked me if I was aware of the 007 connection (I of course said No) (:

Also had a good look at the smashed up Land Rover in Harrods!!

No Skyfall Tom Ford ties in selfridges or Harrods :(
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Cheers! Also exchanged my Tetburys for a size down!

The Islays are cool but prefer the other version (lighter)
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    also bought the C&J Alex, paul?
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Good job. One of the other Landrovers is for sale in Maidenhead
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    I was in Milano yesterday and of course I paid a visit to the Tom Ford flagship store. A very polite shop attendant, Emanuele, show me all Skyfall clothes, suites, coats and, of course the ties. If I am not wrong they used 6 or 7 different ties.
    So far I took one but soon I will take few more. Besides this I found also the John Lobb Romsey ankle boots with the 35% of discount. It is since the release of CR that I am chasing them...

2012_10_18_22_00_12.jpg

2012_10_18_22_00_46.jpg
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Marco wrote:
    I was in Milano yesterday and of course I paid a visit to the Tom Ford flagship store. A very polite shop attendant, Emanuele, show me all Skyfall clothes, suites, coats and, of course the ties. If I am not wrong they used 6 or 7 different ties.
    So far I took one but soon I will take few more. Besides this I found also the John Lobb Romsey ankle boots with the 35% of discount. It is since the release of CR that I am chasing them...

2012_10_18_22_00_12.jpg

2012_10_18_22_00_46.jpg

Can you tell how many suits they using in skyfall?
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, none of the ties being sold as 'James Bond' ones have been seen in any of the Skyfall screen shots so far.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    Unfortunately, none of the ties being sold as 'James Bond' ones have been seen in any of the Skyfall screen shots so far.

+1. The suits they are selling as Skyfall suits are also incorrect, since they button two and not three like in the film. It seems like they don't want the average man to be able to dress exactly like James Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    It seems like they don't want the average man to be able to dress exactly like James Bond.

I hear it's out of fear of potential over population. :D