GOP Candidates

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Feel the Bern.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    And now: a political joke

The labour party leader has to visit the parliament man's room. As he enters he sees a conservative MP standing in front of the urinal who finishes his business and sips up as soon as he sees who enters.
    "What was that about?", he asks.
    The conservative MP replies: "I know you. The minute you see something large, well functioning and private you tax it ..." :))
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    Chris, since you live in Mass., what do you expect from a Dem primary there?
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Fiorina has now thrown in the towel, as well as Christie.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    It was just a matter of time, I guess. Did any of them say anything to their supporters on who they should back now? Probably Ka ... Kish ..... Kasich.
    I just read that none of the remaining GOP candidates accept that the climate change is human made. :#

headinsand.png
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yep, it's easy saying 'I don't believe in Climate Change' while the glaciers melt and lakes&rivers dry out :D

In Europe, they would be hunted with pitchforks for that :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    aa_oldman_angela.jpg
    Chris, since you live in Mass., what do you expect from a Dem primary there?
    Bernie will wipe the floor with Hillary, as it should be. :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So not so much a GOP, more a MOP ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :))

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    So not so much a GOP, more a MOP ! :D

We shall see ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I feel a bit sorry for Hilary. She keeps trying, bless her, but the people just don't want her ...
    She lacks her husband's charisma and she has a long history in government, and that translates to some bad judgements (at least in her case)
    Hillary would be better than any of the GOP corporate lapdogs, but that's kinda like saying a broken leg is better than a fractured skull.
    Are there any "crown princes" in the Democratic party? By that I mean someone with the appeal, experience and talents to be a preseident or even VP some day. Hillary seems to overshadow anyone but Bernie, and right now I strugle to name many other Democratic politicians. There is Biden, but ...
    No 'crown princes', but there IS Elizabeth Warren... :x
    But she was born in 1949, but she looks like a strong candidate. I've googled a bit since my last post, and I recognize the name Andrew Cuomo. Others are mentioned, such as Deval Patrick, Mark Warner, Kirsten Gillibrand and others. But I still get the feeling the party has been too dominated by Hillary now for years.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    But she was born in 1949, but she looks like a strong candidate. I've googled a bit since my last post, and I recognize the name Andrew Cuomo. Others are mentioned, such as Deval Patrick, Mark Warner, Kirsten Gillibrand and others. But I still get the feeling the party has been too dominated by Hillary now for years.
    The Democratic Party has been dominated by two people for the last 8 years -- Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. And I would argue that the two most influential Democrats for during the 16 years before Obama was elected were Hillary and her husband. While many agree with the ideas all those people espouse, there is nonetheless a sense of staleness. Hence the appeal of an outsider like Sanders.

Andrew Cuomo (governor of my state) is the worst type of political hack. He stands for exactly one principle -- getting elected to whatever office he is running for.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Number24 wrote:
    The Democratic Party has been dominated by two people for the last 8 years -- Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. And I would argue that the two most influential Democrats for during the 16 years before Obama was elected were Hillary and her husband. While many agree with the ideas all those people espouse, there is nonetheless a sense of staleness. Hence the appeal of an outsider like Sanders.

I have the same impression. The Clintons and Obama have dominated the party for a long time, and it's not healthy for the party in the long run. Sanders didn't become a member of the Democratic party until recently from what I heard, so his popularity seems to be a symptom of this problem.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    If I have to explain you how wrong this idea is ( kids bringing firearms to classes) you will not understand - no matter how much I try.

If it's a bad idea then certainly you can point me to at least one instance in which it resulted in a negative outcome. New York City had school gun clubs until 1969. Name one negative outcome or admit to spreading ignorant demagoguery.

rifle%20practicce-body.jpg
    Roosevelt High School, Los Angeles, 1942

EDITED TO ADD:
    Article from Mother Jones about currently-operating gun and rifle clubs on American college campuses including the left-leaning University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/ammunition-student-gun-clubs

And an article from 34thSt.com stating that Penn students do not carry guns "in a violent context" and that violent situations in and around campus involve "individuals unaffiliated with the University" (i.e. they know that unarmed students are sitting ducks).

"A few Penn students have been caught with weapons on campus, though never in a violent context. In the past two decades, DPS estimates there have only been two or three cases. According to DPS, gun violence usually involves individuals unaffiliated with the University. "
    http://www.34st.com/article/2015/10/features-guns-on-campus
    Went as I imagined for Sanders...much is being made of the margin of victory (which I'm happy about - a humiliated Hillary makes me feel warm inside. May it continue, please).

And yet Hillary received more delegates despite being whipped. (Reminder: Hillary received more votes during the 2008 primary season than Barack Obama, but in '08 Obama had the backing of more "super-delegates" and rode them to the nomination.)
    Number24 wrote:
    Are there any "crown princes" in the Democratic party? By that I mean someone with the appeal, experience and talents to be a preseident or even VP some day. Hillary seems to overshadow anyone but Bernie, and right now I strugle to name many other Democratic politicians. There is Biden, but ...

Not really. There are only 18 Democratic governors, and most of the Democrats' well-known Senators are 65+ (for example Elizabeth Warren is 66). There hasn't been a recent wave of 40-ish Democrats to come onto the national scene in the way that the Republicans had, say, Mike Lee/Rand Paul/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio. Probably the most well-known Democrats under 50 are Cory Booker and Kirsten Gillibrand.
    Number24 wrote:

Funny how US politics works - the guy who's been in Congress for 25 years is the "outsider". :))
    cheld wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    If I have to explain you how wrong this idea is ( kids bringing firearms to classes) you will not understand - no matter how much I try.

If it's a bad idea then certainly you can point me to at least one instance in which it resulted in a negative outcome. New York City had school gun clubs until 1969. Name one negative outcome or admit to spreading ignorant demagoguery.

rifle%20practicce-body.jpg
    Roosevelt High School, Los Angeles, 1942

EDITED TO ADD:
    Article from Mother Jones about currently-operating gun and rifle clubs on American college campuses including the left-leaning University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/ammunition-student-gun-clubs

And an article from 34thSt.com stating that Penn students do not carry guns "in a violent context" and that violent situations in and around campus involve "individuals unaffiliated with the University" (i.e. they know that unarmed students are sitting ducks).

"A few Penn students have been caught with weapons on campus, though never in a violent context. In the past two decades, DPS estimates there have only been two or three cases. According to DPS, gun violence usually involves individuals unaffiliated with the University. "
    http://www.34st.com/article/2015/10/features-guns-on-campus

I know a school for children 6-13 where many of the children are active in biathlon and practice shooting 22. rifles in the woodcraft room of the school. Try not to faint, but it's here in Norway :D
    There is nothing wrong with that, but schoolchildren bringing guns to schools is a completely differnt matter. Children are immature and are not equipped to carry guns in a school invirorment. Accidents aside, I highly doubt a child should have a gun during rows with other children, bullies and their victims holding guns is a recipe for disaster and how can a teacher confront a violent and unruly pupil who has a gun on or with him?
    -{

That sums it up well.
    I know how "responsible" I've acted when I was at that age and I would want to give me anything but not a gun in the schoolclass.
    It's so obvious and wrong, hilarious that people think different in that matter.

edited February 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    -{

That sums it up well.
    I know how "responsible" I've acted when I was at that age and I would want to give me anything but not a gun in the schoolclass.
    It's so obvious and wrong, hilarious that people think different in that matter.

Not anything. When my father was a schoolboy he and his friends loved playing with explosives. Mostly in their free time, but there are still marks on the door of the school toilet after test shooting of his home made pistol. My father later became a teacher :D
    When I see those claims, It reminds me on that:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJ8Q761uB8

Same thing happened 20 minutes from where I live, only unfortunately the child killed himself & NOT the instructor... :#
    Weapons like the Uzi are ment for war. I have no problems with children learning gun safety and getting to fire a 22., but this is irresponsible. But now we're getting off topic, and for some reason I object to it this time .....

I read earlier today that Bernie Sanders is the first jew to win a primary in the US. I didn't even realise he was jewish, but aparently he is a non-religious jew. Will his jewishnes be an obstacle for him, or perhaps the fact that he isn't religious?
This discussion has been closed.