The Actual Prop Golden Gun.

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    What you are seeing are shadows, there are no holes in the barrel.
  • sumnersumner Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    if they are shadows then they are very funky to appear in the same spot in a different camera angle! Also they appear to be only on this one side. (the side without the blank square on the cigarette case.) does anyone have personal photos of this to further prove or dis prove this?
    I held the GG last December, that is proof enough for me :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I held the GG last December, that is proof enough for me :D

It seems that you have a unique one on one experience with the golden gun. I would love to see some photos of your claim if you have any. I myself am trying to write a book on the prop which accounts for all the research and questions. So i need to get my facts straight.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Just a little word sumner, what pete tells you is truth.

For bond firearms I ask donk, for golden gun stuff I ask pete. Each one knows their $hit and I wouldn't even need to ask for proof as I trust them both to the core.

Oh n get the book approved by eon won't ya? LAWSUIT! Lol
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

For bond firearms I ask donk, for golden gun stuff I ask pete. Each one knows their $hit and I wouldn't even need to ask for proof as I trust them both to the core.

yes i don't doubt he is telling the truth i just need more than someones word. I mean this in no dis-respect but i can say or lay claim to anything and swear my life on it but it does not mean a thing if i don't have proof. also I'm not publishing my book just yet its in its beginning state and i fully intend on getting it approved by eon and perhaps a photo shoot to boot.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

For bond firearms I ask donk, for golden gun stuff I ask pete.

..and for watches, you ask Bondtoys.... :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

lol
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    sumner wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

yes i don't doubt he is telling the truth i just need more than someones word. I mean this in no dis-respect but i can say or lay claim to anything and swear my life on it but it does not mean a thing if i don't have proof. also I'm not publishing my book just yet its in its beginning state and i fully intend on getting it approved by eon and perhaps a photo shoot to boot.

You are new to this forum, but most of us responding to you know that what Pete says is factual. Of course you can disregard it if you like, but don't expect us to buy your book if you do. I know you want to know how Pete and the others know what they know, but you won't get an answer. Suffice it to say, that Pete knows and the collective we know that he knows!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    First someone wants to make firing and strippable GG, Then someone stalks Pete nearly every way he can, to get dimensions correct to his GG project.....and now this, well anyway gotta admire your passion on the GG, Mr. sumner ;)

I doubt you get your book approved by EON Mr. sumner.....erm let's just say it's bit complicated ;)

I was at Pete's in january and before that i've got long syllabus of the Golden Gun - No theories, But Simply Facts....
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Suffice it to say, that Pete knows and the collective we know that he knows!

What he says....

I did tell you that there was an expert on the GG here at AJB...well, he has spoken -{
    YNWA 97
    sumner wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

You are new to this forum, but most of us responding to you know that what Pete says is factual. Of course you can disregard it if you like, but don't expect us to buy your book if you do. I know you want to know how Pete and the others
    know what they know, but you won't get an answer. Suffice it to say, that Pete knows and the collective we know that he knows!

DG

Again i mean no dis-respect. All i ask is proof I'm not saying that I agree or disagree are I'm even dis regarding any info given. I respect all of your answers. and thank each of you. I'm just trying to find out if what i see and hear is true or if the theories I have are correct. I only have the movie and photos to go by i don't have the actual prop in my possession. If pete says that he has seen and held the gun then I believe him..... my reasoning is what will others think who don't know who pete is? I've been in the shadows of this forum for some time approximately a year or so. I have not registered till recently. so I am familiar with pete and a lot of you even if you never heard of me.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Suffice it to say, that Pete knows and the collective we know that he knows!

What he says....

I did tell you that there was an expert on the GG here at AJB...well, he has spoken -{

yes and he sure knows his stuff too :)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Dear all,

There's nothing like a healthy spot of debate especially on something like the Golden Gun which some are incredibly passionate about & like our new member I've studied GG footage until it hurts. How many Golden Guns were there? who knows but Mr Lamont has stated "X" in an interview for Factory Entertainment & Albert Luxford has stated "X" in his FACTUAL book "The Gimmick Man"which if you research such titbits as Diamond cutting on brass in the UK in 1973/74 you will find this kind of quality could only be found locally in Ireland. There is a third variant of the props origins & quantity which is inside info which cannot be raised here. Suffice to say Albert Luxford , John Stears, Derek Meddings & John Richardson were responsible for some of the greatest creations to ever appear on screen with the design talents of Ken Adam, Syd Cain & of course Mr Lamont.

Whoever created it be it Colibri, Mr Luxford or Mr Lamont?....thank christ they did.

Danjaq_Off eats, sleeps & breaths the Golden Gun & as the gent in question stated I was lucky enough to own original component parts at a time when the interest in the piece had peaked & there was only one individual on the planet worthy of being the next custodian in my opinion.

Donk has spoken!
    ok so lets review so i get the facts right, there were 3 golden guns used on set correct??? no more and no less?

one of them has been going on display and is part of the eon archive? which one of the props is on display, solid gimmick, firing?
    those dots are shadows and can no way be holes or a different golden gun with holes?

i also read somewhere that EON still had all of the original golden gun props is this true?

the props have interchangeable barrels?

i posted what i think and some proof to support it. i now look for confirmation.
    Pete is a bit short on replies because it usually ends up in another stalker :))
    God I wish I 'd be half as famous as him with half of his groupies ;%

WOW Guys I'm touched, Thank you all, big dog Ed is the one with the most knowledge, he is the one that started me on the GG journey, so it is he that should have all of the stalkers :D

Sumner, good luck on your book, go get it sanctioned then I will help, no sanction no help :D
  • kspiveykspivey Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hey everyone I know Sumner he is a extremely talented artist and he has recreated replicas for museums and I can say without a doubt crazy accurate in his work. He will even go as far as replicating the scratches that the originals have. he brings up intresting topics though. It will be interesting to see what the experts say. Mr Sumner basis his research on fact and that's admirable given the trouble he goes through to get it.
    Making a GG or writing a book :)) here we go again :D
    kspivey wrote:
    Hey everyone I know Sumner he is a extremely talented artist and he has recreated replicas for museums and I can say without a doubt crazy accurate in his work. He will even go as far as replicating the scratches that the originals have. he brings up intresting topics though. It will be interesting to see what the experts say. Mr Sumner basis his research on fact and that's admirable given the trouble he goes through to get it.

That's great to hear.

Call me super cynical (I am) but with your low post count do you have any proof of this?

I'm not really fussed if people think I'm telling the truth or not, but having known pete for a while now, doing business with him on several occasions, him helping out for no monetary gain plus getting me on the set if skyfall I believe the guy and trust him implicitly.

Oh and good luck with eon's marketing dept. -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    ...not to forget that Pete makes fabulous burgers and hotdogs :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

You wish, I go and read dell's blog.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Ah, that's the reason for your shabby watches :))

Bondtoys wrote:
    Ah, that's the reason for your shabby watches :))

Whatever frank butcher.

frank-butcher.jpeg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I also do a nice banana surprise :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    ...not to forget that Pete makes fabulous burgers and hotdogs :D
    lets stick to the topic people, I'm planning to create an article in a book about the art of the props used in films, I'm starting with one of the most famous props, the golden gun because of the interest in it for others and myself. Im doing this because of my love of props but I need to get the facts straight. I don't get any money from doing this article so don't make the mistake that i get paid for doing this. I just need the facts and proof to support it. I don't know what proof I can send you guys other than what I already have on the table. If you doubt my claims I'm open ears i just want an explanation and why you think otherwise. If you want my reasoning ill try my best to explain.

In my art business you make a prototype or a draft before it can be approved by anyone. I'm doing the same here.
    Like I said, good luck with the book -{

I would love to see some of the props you have made though :)
    I think the main issue you'll get with obtain 'proof' of people's claims is that it's unlikely you'll get it.

The reason for this varies from person to person. But take this as an example;

I know pete and I know he's a genuine guy. How? Cos he's never messed me around (ok how do I prove that to you?) and he's done some pretty cool stuff for me, like get me on the set of skyfall. But how do I prove that? I have no pics, I wasn't allowed to take any anyways, and even if I did I wouldn't show you.

There's several people here in the same boat. Some know info that they've obtained from source that would prefer it to remain confidential. Others know info that they prefer to keep to themselves because they don't want it used for commercial gain. Others know stuff that they've found out the hard way and prefer to keep it to themselves as it took them ages to find out stuff and they don't want to just hand it over for nothing.

So please, don't be offended or annoyed, but when you ask for proof of stuff, you might not always get it.

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Well you did get that 1 pic Singe :o :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Well you did get that 1 pic Singe :o :D

Well only cos daz said I could.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org