Skyfall Trailer #2 (International and US Domestic)

123457»

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    I see them less as nods than adapting the scraps of the books that haven't been filmed yet! Some of those might echo in other films but Mendes and Craig both went on about re-reading the novels.
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Still, she's got a striking resemblance all the same IMO.

I thought the EXACT same thing (not that it was Vesper) but that she looks strikingly similar...and I'm sure that isn't a coincidence!

I was thinking the same thing.

Also in the trailer she says "Be careful what you wish for", it sounds almost exactly like Vesper.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I thought the same thing a bit about Camille. it's about the only disappointment for me so far as I was hoping for a curvy blond or a redhead and the last three have all looked disturbingly similar.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    QOS (Another Way To Die) - Oh dear god, can somebody kill me now? (Even worse than DAD)

With pleasure...on my way :D

BTW, if you (think) you have anything better than that...I'd love to hear it -{

Judge for yourself lol - Here's a link to some of my music... not exactly bond-like, but check it out if you like http://soundcloud.com/dave-jarvis/mercy-mercy-me
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    I am so looking forward to Skyfall and I'm glad the trailer doesn't contain a lot of spoilers! By the way, will the 'official' abbreviation be SF?

I'm not sure every novel would make a great film, at least not in a contemporary setting. I don't think Bond could call Oddjob 'ape' for instance (and rightly so!) and the 'botanic encyclopedia' part in YOLT might be a bit long and boring for a movie. YOLT was the second Bond novel I read, in Dutch, while I was on holiday. Because I didn't bring enough books I read it twice during that same 3 week holiday but the second time I skipped that entire part. As I have stated before however, I do think the novels contain a lot of unused parts that I'd love to see in the next movies. Who knows, I might get to see some of those scenes in a few months!

It's true, some of the novels would not tranfer very easily. As in a film series, a series of novels with the same character usually have weak entries - even Conan Doyle had some.
    As far as contemporary settings, they would not work. They would have to be done in their period, and even then some of the most offensive dialogue would have to be reworked. LALD would be the hardest to do. TSWLM almost comes across as more of a 30 minute TV melodrama. I got Fleming trying to stretch his artistic muscles, but it was definitely an out of place Bond tale. YOLT would not have to be long and boring. One only has to compress the travelogue scenes and anything that hinders the pace. Even I would not want to sit through twenty minutes of watching the expert from AG and Fish instructing Bond on BW warfare (OHMSS). Talented writers and dircectors know what to use and what to compress. The trick for a Bond series would be to use the same writer and director for every story to keep the consistency in the style and quality as the did in the Sherlock Holmes Granada TV series.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Peppermill wrote:
    I am so looking forward to Skyfall...By the way, will the 'official' abbreviation be SF?

That's how I've got it in the AJB Glossary, so let's roll with it! ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Anyone else notice the sly wink Daniel Craig gives (presumably to Ralph Fiennes) when readying for what looks like a gun battle in Whitehall offices? It's a nice little touch akin to the cuff adjusting. Perhaps another Craig trademark to signify his Bond's supreme confidence in a deadly situation.
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    QOS (Another Way To Die) - Oh dear god, can somebody kill me now? (Even worse than DAD)

Interestingly enough, I know a LOT of people who absolutely loved Another Way to Die. It might have something to do with Jack White's rabid cult following, but it got a generally positive response outside of the Bond fan community as far as I can tell.

Although I am not one of those people, I've definitely warmed up to it. The signing could be better, but it's unique. On the other hand, whereas I initially loved You Know My Name, I kinda hate it now.

Live and Let Die remains for me the greatest Bond theme that ever was or ever will be.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Rumour has it (based on an apparent e-mail from MGM) that a new trailer will be officially released tomorrow at 2:30pm GMT. The trailer is not the IMAX one featured in this topic, it is the one thought to be attached to Total Recall.

I'm confused (well we wouldn't want that would we?! )
    In British cinemas, which (non-IMAX) film is Trailer 2 being shown with?
    I've seen Batman and it wasn't with that, and Total Recall isn't out until 29th August.

Can anyone definitely say which film and when-or have I missed it.
    (Don't have access to youtube and want to see it on the big screen.)

P.S.- The Expendables 2 is out soon -good silly action-millions of bullets and not a scratch!

Bleuville.
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:

P.S.- The Expendables 2 is out soon -good silly action-millions of bullets and not a scratch!

Bleuville.

So, it will be kind of like a Roger Moore Bond film then? :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    And just like a Roger Moore Bond film, It will make a Sh*t load of Money. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    And just like a Roger Moore Bond film, It will make a Sh*t load of Money. :D

:)) Touche! TP Well played!
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    A new official two minute trailer. It looks like there is nothing new to report for those of you who have seen the previous trailers.

SKYFALL TWO MINUTE TRAILER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HWWe4wm7JcE
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    osris wrote:
    Just my opinion, but I don't think many of these are direct refrences as in DAD. Rather
    (We being slightly obsessive over the Bond Films) spot every Little Point. :))

I think you’re right. I would be very surprised if the myriad of references pointed out in this thread were intentional. I don’t think the screenwriters Eon are using are dedicated Bond fans like the people in this thread are. I’m sure the most obvious references are intended, though.

By the way, there hasn’t been a good Bond opening credit song since “Licence to Kill”, in my view; and I can’t see "Skyfall" breaking this pattern. The Brosnan era had some of the worst songs in the series: almost parodies of the songs from the Shirley Bassey eras.

hear hear, License to Kill, great song...
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Another vote for License to Kill. I thought it was one of the better title songs in the series.
    Halcon wrote:
    osris wrote:
    Just my opinion, but I don't think many of these are direct refrences as in DAD. Rather
    (We being slightly obsessive over the Bond Films) spot every Little Point. :))

I think you’re right. I would be very surprised if the myriad of references pointed out in this thread were intentional. I don’t think the screenwriters Eon are using are dedicated Bond fans like the people in this thread are. I’m sure the most obvious references are intended, though.

By the way, there hasn’t been a good Bond opening credit song since “Licence to Kill”, in my view; and I can’t see "Skyfall" breaking this pattern. The Brosnan era had some of the worst songs in the series: almost parodies of the songs from the Shirley Bassey eras.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    Another vote for License to Kill. I thought it was one of the better title songs in the series.
    Halcon wrote:
    osris wrote:

Musically, LTK sounds fine, but I found the lyrics inane.