Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    how about a 1960 patt combat jacket ?

i'd rather go for the M65 in black, with a fetching little black vesty over the top B-)

Sorry Angels never produced that particular ensemble in XXS!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    how about a 1960 patt combat jacket ?

i'd rather go for the M65 in black, with a fetching little black vesty over the top B-)

no but i can make you a wooden box 5'8" x 2" x 2" :o
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • jacko008jacko008 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Hello
    Never really post here but thought this may be of interest.
    Spoke to a distributor of barbour today in the hope of buying a coat.
    He told me his supplier had told him barbour were releasing a bond coat that was a slightly different color and had a bond label in it.
    Not sure if this is in any way true just thought I would pass it on.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    jacko008 wrote:
    Hello
    Never really post here but thought this may be of interest.
    Spoke to a distributor of barbour today in the hope of buying a coat.
    He told me his supplier had told him barbour were releasing a bond coat that was a slightly different color and had a bond label in it.
    Not sure if this is in any way true just thought I would pass it on.

Wouldn't surprise me, I guess its a nice way to promote your brand by sending out a Ltd 007 Skyfall edition version
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Would need to be 6'2" x 2" x 2"......Ta muchly xxx :x
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Would need to be 6'2" x 2" x 2"......Ta muchly xxx :x

i know ya a streak of piss, but a lanky streak of piss? nah, bollox ;%
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Just visited the London Barbour store with a view to buying the jacket.

After trying it on I had a few reservations with it and decided to give it a miss. Mainly there's a flap on the inside that isn't removable and is generally in-the-way, making it impractical to wear open (no wonder all the photos we've seen with Bond wearing it have the jacket done up. Right??

So after the disappointment of not being able to purchase the Barbour I took a stroll to the vintage Levi's store which happens to be in the same section of Carnaby Street. To my amazement they have just taken stock (today) of the screen accurate Menlo jacket, needless to say I walked out wearing it ; £625 later. Ouch!!! Not quite the price bracket I was coming out to spend but hey it had to be done.

They have 1 small and 2 large left having sold 3 mediums (including mine) today alone and the staff were pushing the fact that it's the "new James Bond jacket"

Hope this little input helps some of you who are hunting for these bits, oh - definately size up on the Barbour and go for your normal size with the Menlo.

Good luck...
    Mr Eddy

Sounds like you have had a very eventful day!! Thanks for the info, very interesting about the Barbour!

Any chance of a pic wearing the Levis? Sounds like you really love this jacket?!
    Hey,

The Levi's jacket is what I've been hunting for ever since we knew it appeared in the film and I do indeed love it!!

I'm still on the train on my way back from town, I'll post photo's later once I get home and have smuggled it into house.

welshboy78 wrote:
    Mr Eddy

Sounds like you have had a very eventful day!! Thanks for the info, very interesting about the Barbour!

Any chance of a pic wearing the Levis? Sounds like you really love this jacket?!
    Well I was on the fence about this jacket, looks great in some pics and other pics it did nothing for me! :))

I took the jump and ordered one which was posted out today, glad a lot of you guys are loving it hopefully I will too when it arrives!!!!
    I have a feeling you will love it... :)

welshboy78 wrote:
    Well I was on the fence about this jacket, looks great in some pics and other pics it did nothing for me! :))

I took the jump and ordered one which was posted out today, glad a lot of you guys are loving it hopefully I will too when it arrives!!!!
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    someone here bought the barbour? i love this coat
    -{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    -{

You in possession of it mate?? I like it but can't imagine wearing it appropriately, especially around my neck of the woods - only people who wear Barbour here are the rich farmers!
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited August 2012
    UK/USA 36 (XS) 38 (S) 40 (M) 42.5 (L) 45.5 (XL) 49 (XXL) 52.5 (XXXL)
    EURO 40-42 (XS) 44-46 (S) 48-50 (M) 52-54 (L) 56-58 (XL) 60-62(XXL) 64-66 (XXXL)

Here is the official standard Barbour size guide on their jackets.

The Barbour X To Ki To Beacon Heritage Sports Jacket is cut a little slimmer (tailored fit) so you should size up. I tried on the "M" which is what i would normally take but need a "L" on this jacket which, frustratingly they did not have in stock.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow - Can't wait. Been after this jacket since seeing it on the cover of Bond on Set and SO glad to finally find out that it IS a Barbour.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    not yet mate, to consider ;) farmers, with the license to kill :))
    welshboy78 wrote:
    -{

You in possession of it mate?? I like it but can't imagine wearing it appropriately, especially around my neck of the woods - only people who wear Barbour here are the rich farmers!
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Sheesh if I buy the Barbour that will be the first time I ever buy XXL

I feel bad just thinking about it lol
    Im surprised they didnt go the whole hog and get Craig one of these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5AEXyZT0rhMOAdo2k8Bf3Mur-0aUFXki1aS8AJ3fjyL206jQ7

This ones for the Brits

Daniel Craigs role model?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFZxBnvVqV-IEsyu7MKEfVV1rawRSaHpOUl23BJVjh6Vc3IdxbBg
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Some of the crew hats were like that, so don't rule it out :D
    Im guessing the Skyfall Lodge makes a multiple appearance. DC seems to be pictured there in a Tom Ford suit and later with the Barbour jacket shotgun etc
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing the Skyfall Lodge makes a multiple appearance. DC seems to be pictured there in a Tom Ford suit and later with the Barbour jacket shotgun etc

its not a shotgun :o its a very large calibre rifle made by a smal virtually unknown gunsmith called Turner, Round and Leggit.

as for the farmers coat, tar, but no tar all the same.

i'd love the levi but way to skint. a cheaper alternative beckons.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

its not a shotgun :o its a very large calibre rifle made by a smal virtually unknown gunsmith called Turner, Round and Leggit.

as for the farmers coat, tar, but no tar all the same.

i'd love the levi but way to skint. a cheaper alternative beckons.

Sorry old chap - I must admit my gun knowledge is rather non-existent!!!

Turner Round and Leggit LMAO :))
    according to IMDFB its a .50 twin barrel rifle, usually used on tigers, big game and fat pikies.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    CarsonDyle wrote:
    definitely looks like a Barbour style jacket

Barbour style but not a Barbour. I could be wrong, but while watching the trailer, they look like buttons, not press studs and the collar looks like a "popped" notch collar.

Shows what I know! I scoured the Barbour site, oh well, thats why I keep you guys on staff!
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Can anyone help re sizing on the Barbour. I have a Barbour fulham quilted jacket in a medium, but since losing weight it's now a bit loose on me. Would the medium in the lodge jacket be about right for me?
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    i really want to buy one of these jackets but cant decide Levis or Barbour, whats the general view, can you help me decide please
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    i really want to buy one of these jackets but cant decide Levis or Barbour, whats the general view, can you help me decide please

go for the levi. its more practical, will you wear the barbour,, on a nice evening out, lol
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    I was in two minds as well shilton125 but have decided that I'll probably get more wear out of a rain coat plus there's the price issue. I've got my QoS jacket for the fine weather.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    thanks for your thoughts guys, as i live in Glasgow and a shop has the Barbour jacket in was going to see how it looks before deciding. obviously in an ideal world you would get both, i can see advantages for both, but the cash wont run to it lol
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I was lucky with this one as I was considering getting a Barbour anyway - as soon as I saw the Bond photo I wanted to identify that jacket. I knew it looked like a Barbour but like a few on the site who have already stated I went through every jacket in their range to try and find it but somehow missed it. I was praying for it not to be a "Tom Ford" version of something similar.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond