Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    OR, the color of the jacket looks brown in pictures and film...look at even my iphone pic....looks brownish.

Yup I agree!

Whilst looking at this jacket from the online retailers etc I have seen pics of it looking VERY green (yuk), Olive and brown! All looked different and to be honest makes the jacket look completely different!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived. It's a quality item. Very pleased with it and will last a lifetime
    Are these jackets widely available in Barbour UK stores??

Im over to the UK soon, unfortunately my size ran out online whilst I dithered :))
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Are these jackets widely available in Barbour UK stores??

Im over to the UK soon, unfortunately my size ran out online whilst I dithered :))

If you're coming to London visit the official Barbour Covent Garden store, it has a wide stock range compared to the Regent Street Store. I was there a few days ago and I was lucky enough to fit into a small size - just needed some adjustments to the sleeve length.

Also if you want any alterations, be warned that the factory is currently closed for a holiday and can take 4-6 weeks to get done, but they can deliver to your home address. Best advice be quick!
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    Thanks for the info.

I'm an XL so guess will need a XXL. Only one online shop had this size and I debated it for too long :))

Hopefully I will be in luck when I'm over, I will be sure to pop to London for a shopping trip so hopefully will find one!
    UK shops are selling out too as its a limited edition jacket. The Barbour on line store didn't have any :-(
    Thomo wrote:
    UK shops are selling out too as its a limited edition jacket. The Barbour on line store didn't have any :-(

Yikes not over until the end of Sept!

If anybody comes across a XXL when browsing I would be happy to give them a finder fee etc
  • mnowakmnowak Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Just purchased one in Philly. Love it!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    mnowak wrote:
    Just purchased one in Philly. Love it!
    hey, did they have any in M in the Philly store?
  • mnowakmnowak Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    As of Tuesday they had either 2 M and 1 L or 2 L and 1 M
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    This is curious - was it the store on Walnut Street? Not two weeks ago I was in there with a photo in hand and the salesman told me that was last year's line and they weren't going to have any more. Do you have a pic of your jacket?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    This is curious - was it the store on Walnut Street? Not two weeks ago I was in there with a photo in hand and the salesman told me that was last year's line and they weren't going to have any more. Do you have a pic of your jacket?
    its the one located on Rittenhouse square i presume.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Have been in touch with Barbour corporate and more specifically PR where they have stated:

I can also confirm that Barbour have no plans to release a James Bond branded version of the jacket.

Please do let me know if you require any further information.

Kind regards,
    Sarah

Sarah Driscoll
    PR

This has simply been an unfounded rumor mostly around suppliers and never from Barbour corporate.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Have been in touch with Barbour corporate and more specifically PR where they have stated:

I can also confirm that Barbour have no plans to release a James Bond branded version of the jacket.

Kind regards,
    Sarah

Sarah Driscoll
    PR

This has simply been an unfounded rumor mostly around suppliers and never from Barbour corporate.

Good work - thats put that rumor to bed!!
    Well done thanks
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Speaking of the jacket I just got it now. Wicked fast service considering it was only put out for shipping last night.

Large is a bit too large for me. The 27" arms are just too long so that will have to come in. Shoulder is perfect as it should considering it's 18.5" and I'm 18". There is a lot of room around the waist which will have to come in but overall I think it's an amazing buy. Definitely worth altering to suit your size. I'm waiting a bit until I get into better shape first. :)
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Kind regards,
    Sarah

Sarah Driscoll
    PR

Not surprised.

Barbour are the Rolex of what they do, not some johnny-come-lately desperate to be associated with Bond to elevate their marque -{
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Members also got told that it was least years and not available.
    I was told exactly that by the store mnowak seems to have bought his in! That's why I asked for a pic. A little aggravating considering mine seems to be in customs limbo in NY at the moment.
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    So how does the math work? If you live in the US, is it better to order from UK
    They are about £380 to £400 in the UK mine was £400 + p&p
    Mine from Goodstead came out to about $515, which is a pretty good price so long as the jacket shows up.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Keep in mind that if you're in the US, you'll be hit with a Customs charge, especially if the jacket ships through DHL. I got charged for my LVC and Barbour jackets, which came from the UK. Not a big fee - about $40 for each. Just FYI. Factor that in your price as well. Still cheaper than J. Crew prices though - $815 with tax and shipping.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • arinwaysarinways Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi guys

I am selling one in a medium and happy to post to the us

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140840350048?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Many thanks
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Wow, £650 is a bit steep. These are retailing for around £400 right now and readily available in S - XL.
    :s
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    it started already...the price increase, wow
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Nice new pic in this month's Empire Magazine of the jacket, with a better look at the scarf, too -

skyfall3.jpg

"Interesting" blue undershirt.....Slightly incongruous.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    double post blair :D

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    What currently is the most reliable uk site?