Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great stuff Nico, though you have your fist clenched like your going to knock out the photographer in a Daniel Craig way!!! :D

I found loads of these jackets last night (even in XXL), there are plenty around online outside UK / US if you can be bothered trawling through the stockists on the Barbour website - being a sad git I spent a fair few hours doing this last night :s
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    Nice jacket, Nico...obviously you spent all your money on the jacket and couldn't afford a decent pair of jeans :v :))
    YNWA 97
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    thanks paul...the photographer was my girlfriend :D

congratulate mate...do you have purchased one in XXL?
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    He was going for the young farmer look, his combine harvester is parked around the corner :D
    oh yes you're right...from now on...only bread and water :)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Nice jacket, Nico...obviously you spent all your money on the jacket and couldn't afford a decent pair of jeans :v :))
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I think Markus will suit this jacket more than anyone as he has the long arms, and wouldn't have to clench his fists. Then again the clenched fist is right as farmers shake their fist saying get off my land :D
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Suits you very well Nico, cheers for posting -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Nico, it looks great! I just found out that each country has its own "custom-tailor-repair group" but for those in the US you want to send this group a note IF you want anything changed...as well it seems each group will have to determine IF they can remove the zipper successfully"

"You could, however, arrange for the jacket to be altered yourself, by contacting the repairs and reproofing service in New Hampshire directly (details here: http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us) should you wish to make any amendments to the style of the jacket. However, I am unable to confirm that they would be able to amend the jacket in the same way as seen on the film – this would be something that only they would be able to confirm."
    thanks guys! and dave, nice to hear...i think i remove the zipper and buttons...
    btw...it's rained yesterday...these coat holds absolutely tight and warm

Girlfriend? You should be blowing kisses!

Yes bagged one in XXL for 498 Euros (as I'm outside the EU they kindly took VAT off)
    edited September 2012
    yes of course... as i mentioned, it was cold because of the clenched fist :D

good job, mate! you'll love these jacket!
    welshboy78 wrote:

Girlfriend? You should be blowing kisses!

Yes bagged one in XXL for 498 Euros (as I'm outside the EU they kindly took VAT off)

good job, mate! i've paid for my medium 490EUR...you'll love these jacket!

I hope so!

Oh well wonder whats next for release and purchase - Tom Ford ties? Must be close to release :007)
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    My jacket is on the way, should have by Wednesday. How to go with JCrew

My question is what do we do with all these hoods?......
    The Mantis wrote:
    Nico, it looks great! I just found out that each country has its own "custom-tailor-repair group" but for those in the US you want to send this group a note IF you want anything changed...as well it seems each group will have to determine IF they can remove the zipper successfully"

"You could, however, arrange for the jacket to be altered yourself, by contacting the repairs and reproofing service in New Hampshire directly (details here: http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us) should you wish to make any amendments to the style of the jacket. However, I am unable to confirm that they would be able to amend the jacket in the same way as seen on the film – this would be something that only they would be able to confirm."

^ i have spoken with NH and they seem willing to do just about anything you would need to achieve the desired look. Remove flap, buttons and zipper. They did suggest to wear for a but first, as it might stretch a bit.
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Yeah I plan to wear mine as much as possible this year and then once I'm in the right shape... hopefully by next spring/summer I will get it tailored.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have heard about the stretch as well on the styleforums...good advice!
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    they the jackets are cotton material so do stretch etc over time - my friend has had one for about 20 years !!
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    First Budget Skyfall Lodge Jacket?
    J Crew $228. BRITISH MILLERAIN® WAXED COTTON FIELD JACKET
    Waxed cotton from the famed British Millerain® Co. Ltd. (established in 1880 and family owned for six generations). Corduroy on interior of collar with roller-buckle closure. Online only.
    Waxed cotton.
    Zip front with button closure.
    Self shoulder and elbow patches.
    Patch pockets, interior patch pockets—one with button closure.
    Adjustable Velcro® closure at cuffs.
    Interior drawcord at waist.
    Lined.
    Wipe with damp cloth.
    Import.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~96051/96051.jsp

96051_BR6432_m?$pdp_fs418$
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:

Roll the hood up and keep it in your "Poacher pocket" at the back - it makes sitting down in the jacket also more comfortable :-)
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:

Roll the hood up and keep it in your "Poacher pocket" at the back - it makes sitting down in the jacket also more comfortable :-)

and makes ya arse look big :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Just bought my barbour jacket in medium from the store in Spitalfield Market (London) - they only have, 1 Small, 1 XL, 1 XXL left and aren't getting any more stock. (London seems to be drying up on the medium and large sizes, had to ring a couple of stores before finding the medium)

I asked the assistant how many jackets there are world wide, she said about 1000 in total (split across all the sizes) - don't know if that's true or just a sales technique.

Photos to follow shortly
    minigeff wrote:
    Bugsy wrote:

and makes ya arse look big :))

We would probably have enough hoods to make some more jackets, once Barbour runs out.
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    I received my barbour in medium size this morning. It looks fantastic and very confortable.
    I have removed the buttons of the jacket inmediately because I'm not going to use the hood. Removing the buttons is very very easy and the result is OK.
    Remove the zipper is more difficult but I'm trying it. If anybody is interested I'll post some pictures of the result and a tutorial step by step. :)) :)) :)) :))
    Please post photos as you progress will be interesting to see. Good luck
    Seamast wrote:
    I received my barbour in medium size this morning. It looks fantastic and very confortable.
    I have removed the buttons of the jacket inmediately because I'm not going to use the hood. Removing the buttons is very very easy and the result is OK.
    Remove the zipper is more difficult but I'm trying it. If anybody is interested I'll post some pictures of the result and a tutorial step by step. :)) :)) :)) :))

You are a brave man and deserve 00 status lol
    Just to let anyone still looking for a Barbour, I've just returned my medium to Selfridges and chatting with the sales person there, she said they still had plenty in stock. £400, UK P&P is £4.95. Good luck
    Just to let anyone still looking for a Barbour, I've just returned my medium to Selfridges and chatting with the sales person there, she said they still had plenty in stock. £400, UK P&P is £4.95. Good luck
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    So what do you think the pockets on either side of the hood are for. :D :#

Oh, maybe answered my own question. Earplugs?
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    I wondered that too - no idea
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    So what do you think the pockets on either side of the hood are for. :D :#

Oh, maybe answered my own question. Earplugs?

Like audio headphones?