Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    ExpatJB wrote:
    So what do you think the pockets on either side of the hood are for. :D :#

Oh, maybe answered my own question. Earplugs?

Like audio headphones?
    Maybe, but this jacket is standard farmer wear from where I'm from so I was maybe thinking earplugs for shooting (trespassers and pheasants).
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys wondering if anyone could provide some advice as to what size I should get normally am Small to Medium (98-100cm chest) I understand they run quite small.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    You're a similar size to myself. You'll need a large.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    I'm 5 11", 175lbs, 40" chest and for me the medium is a perfect fit over a shirt.

If your in a climate where you wanted to be wearing thick woolies under it you might want to size up and then maybe tailor it down a little.

IMHO.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yeah, its tight. I'm usual a medium/large. Tried this on in both and the medium was waaaaayyy too tight, particularly across the shoulder and back so you defo need to size up.

Can't say I ever thought I would see the day where I would buy XXL :D

Don't worry.

I took delivery today of the PTI jacket in Medium. Looks like a sack-o-****. Sort of thing an old 'un would wear at the golf club just to wear out... so I need a Small!!!

Sizings, eh??? :v ;)

PTI jacket arrived today size Small. Still not that tight, forces PTI's must be massive. Nice piece though especially for the price. May get another with the logo if they will do it at the supplier
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    can you tell me the measurements?

-{
    Thomo wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Can't say I ever thought I would see the day where I would buy XXL :D

Don't worry.

I took delivery today of the PTI jacket in Medium. Looks like a sack-o-****. Sort of thing an old 'un would wear at the golf club just to wear out... so I need a Small!!!

Sizings, eh??? :v ;)

PTI jacket arrived today size Small. Still not that tight, forces PTI's must be massive. Nice piece though especially for the price. May get another with the logo if they will do it at the supplier
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Pit to pit 54cm
    Arm length 61cm from the shoulder
    Length of body 69cm

Does that help ?
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    thx mate, wow very big...
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    It's not small for a small to be fair
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    Sounds like most have moved on to Peacoat but, I just got my Barbour today. I got large, it's tight but I will stretch it a little and have sleeves shortened. What is truly amazing, which you can't tell really from the Skyfall pics, is how much detail has been pumped into this thing. Wow, the hood? It's a pity no one will ever wear it.I mocked the good earlier but, now feel guilty.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Are there any pictures of the hood and button modifications done by anyone here? Does removing the buttons leave holes in the material? would love to know?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    Stefan wrote:
    Are there any pictures of the hood and button modifications done by anyone here? Does removing the buttons leave holes in the material? would love to know?

With my new found respect for the hood, I might just not wear it and keep the potential functionality. The chest piece on the other hand is just annoying, over kill.
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Long time lurker here!

I bought the coat from Selfridges earlier this week and am blown away with the quality and attention to detail.

I went for a medium, which is perfect fit.

I was going to remove the hood but now I am undecided.
    Unerhij wrote:
    Long time lurker here!

I bought the coat from Selfridges earlier this week and am blown away with the quality and attention to detail.

In our weather in the uk may be better off with the hood !!
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Thomo wrote:
    Unerhij wrote:
    Long time lurker here!

In our weather in the uk may be better off with the hood !!

Yeah, very true. Makes the coat way more practical WITH the hood.

Oddly, the bit from SKYFALL seems to all be set in Scotland where there's usually wetter than the rest of the UK!

Ah, the magic of the movies - and making Craigy look cool, Wouldn't want him to look like a trainspotter, would they? ;)
    It looks like there is a patch over where the zip goes so may be able to get something to go over the zip without removing it ??
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am in the "hood keeper" camp...
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    My Barbour came in yesterday, and like many have already said it is a great jacket. I wear a size M in the LVC, and ordered a L, and it fits great. Things I noticed were the arm holes are really high, higher than on the LVC, the inner seam of the sleeve falls right under the arm pit, which creates a slight tug especially if you cross your arms, making the jacket feel tight around the bicep. Still on the fence if I should remove the buttons on the front and zipper. It seems pretty easy, but I am just worried about leaving holes in the fabric, if there are holes I wonder if re waxing would cover the holes. The lining leaves little room for a sweater or jumper as it is called on the other side of the pond. The thicker the sweater will make the arm holes feel even tighter in my opinion. But the jacket is so warm and toasty think I will feel fine with just a shirt on with the jacket during cold weather climates. All in all a great jacket.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    does anyone have a pic with hood off and buttons still attached that they can post?
    Bugsy wrote:
    does anyone have a pic with hood off and buttons still attached that they can post?

sorry and with the chest flap still intact?
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I am in the "hood keeper" camp...

After a few days of thinking about it I'll Keep the Hood too :))
    Here in Germany we have a Lot of rainy days and it's a Great piece and Detail!
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    I recieved my Barbour jacket today as well. I got the Medium and that was definately the right call. If I had bought the Small it would have been too tight. I'm also in the camp of keeping the hood, it's very functional. In some ways it's like having two jackets. Once you take the hood off, it almost looks like a different coat.
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:

I removed the buttons when my jacket arrived some days ago. This is very easy. The holes are very small and you should inspect carefully the jacket to see him. However, If you wanted a perfect work, you would buy the barbour wax

https://www.google.es/search?q=cera+barbour&hl=es&client=firefox-a&hs=O4Y&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=bJpJUKqFHOW60QWFzYHoBQ&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=656

and retouch the small holes with it.
    The work will be perfect. I promise posting pictures as soon as I can.

Remove the zipper is much more difficult. I don't recomended you remove the chest flap because the stitching will be visible and it is awful. I just unstitched the side of the chest flap where the zipper is stitched. Then, you can remove the zipper easily. Next, you should stitch carefully the side unstitched of the chest flap. The result is OK.

I hope you understand me, because my english isn't very good.
    I think I'm going to keep my hood, it still looks great with just the zip showing
    Thomo wrote:
    I think I'm going to keep my hood, it still looks great with just the zip showing

If one keeps the hood, you probably need to keep the buttons. Or loose functionality.
    yes I think you are right will also need to keep the buttons
    i still haven't seen a image with hood off, buttons and zipper still on.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today. Tried it on and started sweating immediately! This thing is thick and insulated as heck.

I think it'd look pretty sharp without the zipper, but not sure I'm up for that kind of surgery. Sleeves need to come up about an inch or two.

Goodstead were REALLY great in terms of prompt communication, and they shipped for free. I paid not VAT taxes or customs fees of any kind.

This forum has cost me $2000 in one month. I might need to block the site :p
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    The high res pic of BOND ON SET shows the details of the alterations:

BOS-COVER-detail.jpg

Compare to factory issue:

Barbourzipper2.jpg

Barbourzipper1.jpg

The literature says they will alter it to your specs if you send it back, but does anyone have any indication of the cost?
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    sent mine into barbour for letting out the back and DUN DUN DUN... getting the zipper removed. I'll let you know when I get a quote.