Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Only thing I'd have done is a button inside the jacket to hold the storm flap back under the left hand side.

There's already a button hole in the flap so getting a button insiude shouldn't be too difficult, I hope...
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Only thing I'd have done is a button inside the jacket to hold the storm flap back under the left hand side.

There's already a button hole in the flap so getting a button insiude shouldn't be too difficult, I hope...

That Sir is an excellent idea - and spare buttons are provided with the jacket
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    The Limey wrote:
    Come on Guys , show some initiative here !! :)) I've had my jacket for 3 weeks , and I had it screen accurate within an hour of getting it . You don't need to send it to Barbour , and wait weeks for it to be returned . The buttons come off easily , and if you rub the material with a rough cloth , the wax will spread over the holes .
    The collar zip ?? ............Take some scissors to it !! The material that holds the zip on (that attaches the zip to the collar) is as soft as tissue paper . You can cut right through it , without unpicking any stitching at all !! Don't be afraid :D

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

Like your style mate.
    Has anyone in the UK had a quote for the work from Barbour??
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I will keep the buttons and the hood. It just rains too often where i live ;)
    But i really don't like the storm flap. It often gets in my way. I will try it out for this fall and then will decide if i remove it or not.
    Gatsby wrote:
    I will keep the buttons and the hood. It just rains too often where i live ;)
    But i really don't like the storm flap. It often gets in my way. I will try it out for this fall and then will decide if i remove it or not.

The flap's the only thing I'd alter. See my post 332 above. Like you, I'll get far greater use WITH the option of the hood.

Might try coax my wife into sorting out a button-back arrangement for the flap this weekend...
    For sale Barbour X To Ki To Sports Jacket size medium, still with tags. Purchased from Aspecto.

I have taken delivery of a new Large which fits better than the 'M'. Unfortunatly I've missed the return by date :( therefore I now offer it here first for a discounted price of £350 incl p&p worldwide.

2012_09_12_10_17_33.jpg

2012_09_12_10_23_11.jpg

2012_09_12_10_31_14.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Great deal for someone here ^
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    pwalsh9012 wrote:
    For sale Barbour X To Ki To Sports Jacket size medium, still with tags. Purchased from Aspecto.

I have taken delivery of a new Large which fits better than the 'M'. Unfortunatly I've missed the return by date :( therefore I now offer it here first for a discounted price of £350 incl p&p worldwide.

PM sent.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    I love this jacket, it's really nice, very British. Already my favorite winter jacket and can't wait for it to get cold and wear it! I wouldn't do the adjustments either since the hood and front flap are great.

Got it at one of the London Barbour stores. Here's a shot (no pun intended) of me at Anderson Wheeler's wearing it:

bond_lifestyle_anderson_wheeler_barbour_jacket_1.jpg
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    Remmert007 wrote:
    I love this jacket, it's really nice, very British. Already my favorite winter jacket and can't wait for it to get cold and wear it! I wouldn't do the adjustments either since the hood and front flap are great.

Got it at one of the London Barbour stores. Here's a shot (no pun intended) of me at Anderson Wheeler's wearing it:

bond_lifestyle_anderson_wheeler_barbour_jacket_1.jpg

Excellent photo - looks like a photo shoot :-)
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    lodge jacket LARGE and XL owners- what size are you normally?

Info would help in me finally determining the right size? maybe height? suit size?. weight?

i have only seen specifics for meduims on this thread.

thanks-
    I'm normaly medium which I ordered but had to exchange it for a large. Unlike the PTI jacket which is a small and is still quite roomy
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,126MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:

Info would help in me finally determining the right size? maybe height? suit size?. weight?

thanks-

I am 5' 8 and normally wear a 44in short suit and I bought an XL. It's a snug fit, you couldn't wear a lot underneath but length and arm length are perfect. It is a very warm jacket as others have said so you won't want to wear much underneath anyway.

This is a GREAT jacket though, you won't be disappointed!! Bring on the Autumn... B-)
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Bugsy wrote:

thanks-

I am 5' 8 and normally wear a 44in short suit and I bought an XL. It's a snug fit, you couldn't wear a lot underneath but length and arm length are perfect. It is a very warm jacket as others have said so you won't want to wear much underneath anyway.

This is a GREAT jacket though, you won't be disappointed!! Bring on the Autumn... B-)

I'm 5'10 and a 40 regular
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    i'm 6ft 1 with a 42 inch chest and the XL fits me perfect
    pwalsh9012 wrote:

2012_09_12_10_17_33.jpg

2012_09_12_10_23_11.jpg

2012_09_12_10_31_14.jpg

Jacket now sold, thanks to those of you who expressed an interest.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know of any online stores that still have medium in stock?
    Does anyone know of any online stores that still have medium in stock?

Whats your location?
    I'm in Ireland, but UK stockists would suit just fine
    Selfridges had some a couple of weeks ago when I returned my M - £400 + £4.95 P&P in the UK - Good Luck its a great Jacket
  • WonderueWonderue Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Clearys downstairs on O'Connell Street have a Barbour section there's a good chance there's one there. I live in Dublin myself.
    00-Shane wrote:
    I'm in Ireland, but UK stockists would suit just fine
    Thanks for all your replies guys, really appreciate it.

Wonderue, did you pick up one of these yourself?
  • captain kellcaptain kell BrazilPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    Anyone got the measurements for the small? Seems to be more of those around and I'm about 5'4", 34-35inch chest, 60kg. I also like kittens, french cinema and long walks in the country.
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Anyone got the measurements for the small? Seems to be more of those around and I'm about 5'4", 34-35inch chest, 60kg. I also like kittens, french cinema and long walks in the country.

Go for the small, i'm similar height (5' 5'') and build and when I tried on the small it was a very good fit, although you may need to take up the sleeves a little (1'' - 2'') - on another note I too like kittens, not really keen on French cinema, and i am more of a city dweller :))
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    So, after debating to be or not be I had the buttons and the zipper removed by my local tailor, I am glad I did, the jacket has a nice clean un cluttered look in my opinion, though less functional be because I cannot use the hood.

Have you guys, and I sure we are minority removed the chest flap? Is it screen accurate?

That's what helped me make a decision regarding the removal of the functional elements of this jacket, the fact that I wanted what is seen on screen. To each his own, either way this a great jacket.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    Stefan wrote:
    So, after debating to be or not be I had the buttons and the zipper removed by my local tailor, I am glad I did, the jacket has a like clean un cluttered look in my opinion, though less functional be because I cannot use the hood.

Have you guys, and I sure we are minority removed the chest flap? Is it screen accurate?

That's what helped me make a decision regarding the removal of the functional elements of this jacket, the fact that I wanted what is seen on screen. To each his own, either way this a great jacket.

See my reply at # 337 on this thread. B-)
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    But where are you guys sticking the extra button, proper placement to tuck in the flap and keep it pulled back by a button is passed the inside arm pit lining or right by the seam of the arm hole.
    Would love to see pictures if anyone has added this button to see placement.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "