Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Cheers for the link! Seasons didn't seem to have an option to ship to the US for this item.

I vacillate between small and medium. A medium might provide a looser fit but will almost certainly have sleeves that are too long. And I'm on a weight loss mission, so I'm going to try the small and see what happens there. The site offers returns/exchanges, so we'll give it a go.

Oh, and the small came up about 50 dollars cheaper than the site's listed price. $240 cheaper than J Crew.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Sounds like you're the same size, roughly, as myself. The small will only fit anorexic midgets
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Cheers for the link! Seasons didn't seem to have an option to ship to the US for this item.

I vacillate between small and medium. A medium might provide a looser fit but will almost certainly have sleeves that are too long. And I'm on a weight loss mission, so I'm going to try the small and see what happens there. The site offers returns/exchanges, so we'll give it a go.

Oh, and the small came up about 50 dollars cheaper than the site's listed price. $240 cheaper than J Crew.

Be careful. It really runs small. I wear S in Sunspel and many other clothes. But i ordered the Barbour in M and it´s really slim. I won´t be able to move in Small. 1,80 meters and 75 kg with a really slim frame.
    It will be easier to return Size M for S, than returning the S and hoping for M, because they are sold out at so many places in M.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    So how limited are these jackets??

Anybody else heard that there will be a Skyfall version from Barbour (info mentioned from another member above)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I know its limited but not sure to how many pieces, havent heard about a "skyfall" version coming out and highly doubt that to be true.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I know its limited but not sure to how many pieces, havent heard about a "skyfall" version coming out and highly doubt that to be true.
    Drat. Okay, I'll contact the sellers and see if it's not too late to switch to medium. Thanks, gents.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    David, how come you haven't posted any new video podcasts on jamesbond lifestyle in awhile? I dig those man. Can the fans expect some videos soon? And I thought your last name was Zaritsky, unless your a 00 agent under cover?

Yup.

But that's Bond for you: the Y3 Yamamoto jacket from QOS was the most expensive piece of Addidas kit I'd ever seen or bought... :o

Always the way when a designer has a colaboration with another brand eh.

Wonder what Levis' excuse was - I'd never come across a Levis item at close to £600 either before seeing the SKYFALL Menlo! :D ;)
    Shocking...
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:

Was in Goodsteads today in Edinburgh and tried one on and like everyone was saying, they are small.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    David, how come you haven't posted any new video podcasts on jamesbond lifestyle in awhile? I dig those man. Can the fans expect some videos soon? And I thought your last name was Zaritsky, unless your a 00 agent under cover?

Always the way when a designer has a colaboration with another brand eh.

Wonder what Levis' excuse was - I'd never come across a Levis item at close to £600 either before seeing the SKYFALL Menlo! :D ;)

Because that 'aint me.

The "David" you're looking for is David Zaritsky - the Mantis on here.

I'm a much shyer, English, David. :( ;)
    Goodstead was very helpful and communicative and swapped out my size before shipping. Assuming my jacket shows up on size and on schedule, a hearty recommendation based on great customer service. And free shipping to the US!
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    my barbour jacket arrived today ( size S ) very very small ( too small ) ;(

no matter...jacket looks fantastic

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/

-{

Sorry to hear that - I guess you didn't size up??

Can you return for a Medium?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Removed.
    edited August 2012
    Is there a decent pic of 007 wearing the Barbour setup? Trying to see the trousers he is wearing. The Bond on Set pic obviously black and white
    Anybody seen any in size XXL? I missed this size on My Wardrobe (thought I had bagged the last one but sadly I didn't)
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    sized up but i don't know why doesn't fit the jacket :)
    yes mate...i return size small far a medium
    welshboy78 wrote:

-{

Sorry to hear that - I guess you didn't size up??

Can you return for a Medium?
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    hi. big time fan of both Bond and Barbour. i got to this site looking for the jacket. great group. i tried on the jacket yesterday and was really surprised how tight it was, thru the shoulders and body, and can't imagine the wind flap is comfortable. i am going to have to go up two sizes!!

there is a Barbour sport coat, that is in spring 12, that is not a collaboration heritage pieces ,same look and feel, i might give that a go too.

thanks.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    The sizes are small, going up one size should do it to keep that fitted look
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    I can confirm that the sizes are AT LEAST one size smaller, the size up is still pretty slim. If you look closely at online pics there is a brown leather collar which when folded flat like a sports/suit jacket looks.....odd. It's not, IMHO, the greatest or simplest Barbour they could have picked, they could have picked an original International jacket. The simple and classic International or a Belstaff roadmaster might have looked better. There are LOTS of buttons on the front where the hood and and face mask detach and the jackets hood zip is not covered by a flap when the hood is removed. It kind of stands out. My advice - try one on in the flesh first, the jacket looks great in the Lodge pictures but in real life is slightly disappointing. I have pics if anyone wants anyway.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I have to disagree if u remove the hood the jacket looks fantastic especially with a jumper and jeans. The brown leather gives it a definative look.
    edited August 2012
    The salesman in the Barbour store in Philly said all jackets from the To Ki To line don't just run small - they're snug in the shoulders while having more room in the lower torso. I showed him a pic of the jacket and he said it was last year's, so they didn't expect to have it in stock again.
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Hi mantis,

In your podcast you said that your tailor took the jacket out a little bit in the back. Is there enough fabric to do that on the regular jacket or was ist very complicated? My jacket fits well but its just a tiny little bit restricted in the shoulders, so a little more width in the back would help me a lot.

By the way, nice podcast, looking forward to the frugal bond.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:

That is very similar indeed - good work
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Hi Mantis, i'm quite close to buying the Barbour jacket. But in your video you say he wears it almost like a shirt, and I can see it fits very tight the one you got.

But take a look at this photo.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/sites/default/files/styles/fancybox_popup/public/images/product/cl043-james-bond-barbour-beacon-heritage-sports-jacket.jpg

I would say it's not that tight. He's hand are in the pocket stretching the jacket and it still don't look that tight. Plus he is wearing what looks like a sweater underneath.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I hear ya, I think my reference was the way it fits in the shoulders and arms more than anything...they all bell out a bit...mine belled out before I had some nip and tucking done to the jacket just because I prefer to wear it that way...his does not look like the "belling" was reduced that much if at all...but take a look at pics of him firing the weapons...the shoulders and biceps etc are well fitted. I tried mine on with a crew neck sweater and scarf and it still looked the same, a testimony to the give of the coat itself...and yet I am not restricted in movement. A lot of this is also personal preference.
    scarfz.jpg
  • JamesBondGuyJamesBondGuy DenmarkPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I hear ya, I think my reference was the way it fits in the shoulders and arms more than anything...they all bell out a bit...mine belled out before I had some nip and tucking done to the jacket just because I prefer to wear it that way...his does not look like the "belling" was reduced that much if at all...but take a look at pics of him firing the weapons...the shoulders and biceps etc are well fitted. I tried mine on with a crew neck sweater and scarf and it still looked the same, a testimony to the give of the coat itself...and yet I am not restricted in movement. A lot of this is also personal preference.
    scarfz.jpg

Your right the shoulders and arms has the same fit like yours, this is also how I prefer my own jackets :) The tight fit really looks great, and suits you really well. You just need the Anderson Wheeler and the British gentlemen look is complete. -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    JBG, I know I have posted these but this will show you post-tailoring that mine hugs the shoulders and arms but still bells a bit...

barb8.jpg

then if you see from the side it looks more fitted....

barb5.jpg