Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Did Daniel Craig really wear a medium for this Barbour? So he wore a medium for this jacket, the Levi's leather jacket, and the BR peacoat?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Somatic wrote:
    Did Daniel Craig really wear a medium for this Barbour? So he wore a medium for this jacket, the Levi's leather jacket, and the BR peacoat?

It's never officially been confirmed what size DC wore in the Barbour jacket. Some think it was a Medium, others say it was a Large that was taken in. We do know that for the Billy Reid peacoat, he wore a medium for "hero shots" and a large for action sequences with lots of movement. So it's possible that he wore multiple sizes for the Barbour as well.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,306MI6 Agent
    Somatic wrote:

Well for an example, I wear:

Levis L
    Barbour XL
    Billy Reid XXL

All as slim fitted as possible

Not quite as simple is it lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    That's exactly why it puzzled me. I just recently ordered this jacket actually, but everyone's post on sizing makes me wonder if some people just prefer looser fitting jackets. I know Daniel Craig is 5'10" and about... 180 pounds? But how does he manage to wear a medium in the Levi's jacket, the Billy Reid peacoat, AND the Barbour jacket that apparently is one size too small haha.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,306MI6 Agent
    Well I bought a Levis in XL first - very baggy, L is perfect (honestly did not think a L would fit me as usually doesn't)

Billy Reid is XXL - mine was from the original run, its very tight on my biceps and underarms, no way could I size down however it seems the sizes vary per batch.

Barbour - went for a XXL - too big, sold and bought an XL.

Trial and error is certainly the case in my opinion if you want to get a fitted look.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    As above I ended up sizing down my barbour and menlo from the original ones I bought.Despite what others found for me the barbour and BR pea coat ended up being true to size. I found that strange as apparently smaller gents were looking to size up.I'm now very happy with the fit of the jackets I have which is very important for such expensive items. I ended up with the BR and barbour in large and the menlo in medium. I know that the menlo sizing has varied from batch to batch. As welshboy stated I too never imagined I would be a medium in any jacket. I had a nightmare. I bought a large from here in the Uk... Sold it at a slight loss as it didn't fit properly. I then pre ordered a bench and loom one from the U.S just before Mr Porter started selling them in the UK again! In the end I was glad I did as some members on here believed the latest mr porter ones to be poorer quality and sized differently. The bench and loom jacket was a smaller better fitting version of the pegg and sons jacket I had before.... Worth the wait.... And the customs and shipping charges!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 236MI6 Agent
    i found the same as Polynikes. After reading how everyone was sizing up I ordered a medium (I'm usually a small) however when the medium arrived it looked far too big on me. The sleeves came right down over my hands, the jacket was too long on my body and it looked really baggy. I sent it back and ordered a small which fits me perfectly, I swear it could've been tailored for me :x
  • JimboBondJimboBond Lake Mary, FLPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    Anyone that has a XXL Commander, can tell me how long is the sleeve from the shoulder? Thank you! Just want to make sure for my long arms.
  • mille120302mille120302 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hi - all new to the forum but just wanted you all to know an answer i got from Barbour regarding having the commander jacket fitted with a hood and a storm flap - heres what they wrote in respons and a respons that is totally illogic to me ?:) ?:) Is it just me but i should think, the jacket being almost identical to the skyfall barbour x to ki jacket, that it should be and easy task to fit the hood and the storm flap... well heres the answer.:

Thank you for your message.

With reference to your enquiry, unfortunately we are unable to carry out the alterations you require due to the construction of the garment. We are sorry we are unable to assist you on this occasion.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
  • Veritae7Veritae7 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    :S That's a strange response indeed. I've got a Commander on the way and am hoping to affix a hood. I guess we'll see what they say if I provide said jacket and matching hood and just ask them to "connect" the two.

I'll keep you posted...
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,348MI6 Agent
    Folks are putting hoods on Commanders? I had no idea. Anyone looking to buy a hood (I even kept the removed zipper) for their Commander is free to make me an offer via PM.
    well i see your point halfhitman half monk but i wanted the skyfall jacket - but ended up with the commander jacket believing that it would be easy to have it altered to the original x to ki jacket with the hood and storm flap being they were almost identical jackets - i wanted both the look and the functionality. but as you see when finally barbour after a month answered it was bad news...

Still i find it strange that its not possible due to the "construction" of the jacket.. Surely Barbour could do this if they wanted to and at least the storm flap surely cannot cause to much difficulty. Veritae7 let me know what you discover..
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,348MI6 Agent
    Oh, no real point in my end. I was just surprised to learn the hoods might be in demand. Just throwing it out there that mine is available if anyone wants to purchase it.

And any reputable tailor will be able to do this for you. I had mine "screen accurized" by my regular tailor and it looks great.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Oh, no real point in my end. I was just surprised to learn the hoods might be in demand. Just throwing it out there that mine is available if anyone wants to purchase it.

And any reputable tailor will be able to do this for you. I had mine "screen accurized" by my regular tailor and it looks great.

I guess that some people want to go to Barbour rather than a tailor as they would have the additional materials needed, such as the flap and the strip on the neck that the zip attaches to in the correct waxed cotton.
  • Rachaellou25Rachaellou25 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Note to anyone still looking for the Barbour Commander jacket, I just got an email from John Anthony informing me that it's back in stock. They have sizes M, L, XL. I think it will go out of stock pretty quickly so if you're looking for a M or L, I'd order asap!

http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/olive/commander-jacket/bar002-a13-olv/
  • Mileham007Mileham007 Posts: 103MI6 Agent
    Has anyone had there jacket tailored in by Barbour. My Large is a tad big..
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    So i have to Tokito Lodge jacket one that i have worn for the past year or so and one in storage. I was interested in seeing how much it would sell for. To be honest when listing it on ebay i didn't think i would get any interest considering that i have worn it for the past year and that i have had the Zip and Flap removed from it. i have put it on as a three day auction and cheekerly the starting bid i set at £299 and a buy it now for £420..I know I know whos gonna pay that kind of money for a used barbour.

Well only a few hours into the auction i have two bids and it is up to £310 at time of writing this. I want you guys to know im not posting this message here i a cynical attempt to boost the price or get more buyers. I am just genuinely surprised at the bidding so far and thought you would be interested to hear about it. Here is a link to the jacket and the photos

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151151920678?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    an update from Barbour:

Good Afternoon Mr Riis

Thank you for your message.

Apologies that my previous message was not clear. As you are trying to customize your Commander Jacket to look like the Sports Jacket I was trying to explain that as that style was not manufactured in the UK and is no longer in production and that we regrettably we would not be able to assist you on this occasion with the pieces you require.

We are very sorry that we are unable to assist you on this occasion. If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Deborah
    Hi All
    I have a Large Commander New with tags. Wondering if anybody wants to exchange for at Large tokito would be ok to throw a little cash in with it. PM me or mail me if you are interested aguk@live.com
  • Veritae7Veritae7 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to say I got my Commander yesterday and the fit is spot on! It's snug, but has the tailored look from the film. If I had sized up to an XL as many of the retailers had suggested it would be much too big. Thanks so much to everyone on the forum who helped with finding the right size!
  • otacon 01otacon 01 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    I haven't been here in a while. Good to see this still going.

Any pictures of what any of the jackets look like after having the back let out?

I'm guessing they just do it from the center of the back, rather than create a pleat it anything like that.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Thinking of buying one from End Clothing. Any experience with customs charges in the US or Canada?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Thinking of buying one from End Clothing. Any experience with customs charges in the US or Canada?

I ordered my Barbour jackets from End. They ship lightning-fast via Fed-Ex (it took about 2 days for the jackets to arrive). However, you do have to pay customs & duties upon delivery, which in my case was about $200 CDN. I wasn't too happy about that, but even factoring those charges in, it still came out cheaper than what J. Crew was charging for the jacket.
    Anyone in London has a commander In Medium I could try on? I have my large and its just a bit big and want to make sure that a medium isn't a 'perfect fit'!
    Anyone in London has a commander In Medium I could try on? I have my large and its just a bit big and want to make sure that a medium isn't a 'perfect fit'!
    Mileham007 wrote:

I have a Large commander and took it to my tailor had the back taken in and now fits perfectly only cost me £20
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Mileham007 wrote:

If you live near or can get too Selfridges in London they had Barbour Commanders in all sizes you could try on for size

Or you could try buying both sizes and sending back the one that does not fit that's what I did with the Tokito

Cheers :D
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Was your Tailor in London?
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 961MI6 Agent
    Mileham007 wrote:

I had Barbour shorten the sleeves on mine and they did a great job if that helps?
    Mileham007 wrote:

Yes E17