Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• klozekloze GreecePosts: 2MI6 Agent
    For more if you want
    http://www.atticadps.gr/home.php?lang=en
    and contact with barbour shop
  • duratiiduratii Tokyo, JAPANPosts: 1MI6 Agent
    I have a brand new (with tag) Small size of the Limited Edition Tokito Jacket available for those who can cover what I paid for (US retail price + shipping). It has evenly spaced (i.e., not SA) buttons, but a beautiful jacket. It just does not fit me perfectly.
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    An interesting observation: My To Ki To jacket has the front buttons evenly spaced, but my new Commander has the screen-accurate uneven buttons. It's not a detail that really matters to me, but it's interesting seeing the difference between the 2. It might have to do with the fact that my TKT was part of the January/February reissue, not the original run of these jackets.
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    An interesting observation: My To Ki To jacket has the front buttons evenly spaced, but my new Commander has the screen-accurate uneven buttons. It's not a detail that really matters to me, but it's interesting seeing the difference between the 2. It might have to do with the fact that my TKT was part of the January/February reissue, not the original run of these jackets.

How is the fit of the Commander Jacket? Should I size up like the original?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Same sizing as tokito
    Ross
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    Same sizing as tokito
    Ross

Thanks! I appreciate it.

-Dan
  • intel007intel007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited June 2013
    Jacket sold
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    trigger discipline bassopotamus... trigger discipline... :))
  • Hector3Hector3 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hey guys,

I've been wondering what the difference is between a so-called SA jacket and a non-SA. can anyone explain??

Also, is it true that some came in rustic? How many of these were made?!

Which is the better to get?! Really fancy myself havin one!

Thanks! B-)
  • Hector3Hector3 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    ahhhhh no, I think i've found an explanation for one.. its to do with the buttons. FYI, see one of these photos:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231004019546?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I'm thinking of buying this! what do you guys think?

Hector3 wrote:
    Hey guys,

I've been wondering what the difference is between a so-called SA jacket and a non-SA. can anyone explain??

Thanks! B-)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Hector3 wrote:
    ahhhhh no, I think i've found an explanation for one.. its to do with the buttons. FYI, see one of these photos:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231004019546?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I'm thinking of buying this! what do you guys think?

Hector3 wrote:
    Hey guys,

Thanks! B-)

Yes, that is 100% screen accurate. Well, once you've removed the hood and hood buttons etc ;)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    I Have a brand new To Ki To Lodge Jacket size Large for sale or to swap for an XL one
  • CmdrBond007CmdrBond007 Washington, DCPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    My Barbour Commander jacket just arrived and unfortunately it is too hot for me to wear it!! The fight is tight so those out there still ordering be sure to go up a size. I might need to have the sleeves shortened slightly haven't decided yet.

I'm on the waiting list for a Commander Jacket in XL at my local Barbour store (the one i have know came first from the UK) so if it comes in and someone wants one we might be able to work something out.
    "I said you're a bloody Idiot!"
  • bassopotamusbassopotamus Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    trigger discipline bassopotamus... trigger discipline... :))

haha. whoops ;) I did have my finger off the trigger for a while then it somehow slipped in there. good thing it was unloaded and the safety was on, otherwise I might have shot my eye out. lol I never handle weapons like that when they're actually loaded and ready to fire. I guess one just gets excited when they're wearing one of bond's jackets. :p
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    edited June 2013
    ebay seller lists some other To Ki To as as Skyfall Sports Jacket. Bad seller!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151072864073

EDIT: listing updated to reflect its non-Skyfallness. Some good Samaritan must have tipped off the seller.
    drugtest wrote:

EDIT: listing updated to reflect its non-Skyfallness. Some good Samaritan must have tipped off the seller.

I Don't see where they mention Skyfall in their listing they do mention Sylkoil though
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    drugtest wrote:

I Don't see where they mention Skyfall in their listing they do mention Sylkoil though

See my edit above: the ebay listing was changed to remove the Skyfall/Sports Jacket references after the seller was contacted.
  • Batman007Batman007 Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    I have a question about the sizing.

What would you guys recommend for me? I am 5'7", 145lbs, 37" chest, 18" shoulders. Athletic.

I'm pretty sure I should get a medium because of the shoulder measurement alone and because I want to be able to fit an undershirt+sweater underneath the thing, I just don't have the experience of putting it on though. Can you guys give me some suggestions?
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Batman007 the best thing is to find a shop selling it and go in and try it on. That's what I did, if I didn't I would have ordered a medium but actually need a large because I also want to be able to wear a jumper underneath it and my arms and shoulders are big. Hope that helps.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Batman007 the best thing is to find a shop selling it and go in and try it on. That's what I did, if I didn't I would have ordered a medium but actually need a large because I also want to be able to wear a jumper underneath it and my arms and shoulders are big. Hope that helps.

Agreed about trying one on. Based on the advice of some posters here I would have ordered a large online, yet when I tried on a medium in a store I was swimming in it. I ended up getting the small, and I'm 5'9" with a 42" chest. My small is a tad snug across the middle button, but not tight (I can still wear a sweater underneath). My shoulders are fairly broad and I found the shoulders but especially the armholes restrictive when I tried the jacket on. Yet the differences in those areas between the medium and the small were not very significant, while the body of the jacket and length of the arms were.

The funny thing is that the shoulders and armholes turned me off the jacket when I first tried it on, yet when I tried it on again a few weeks later (at a different store) I found the small fit a lot better. My weight and measurements are usually very consistent so I think there will be some variability in the individual jackets. Also, I feel like mine has stretched out a lot since I bought it.

But the most important thing of all is personal taste. There are posters who feel their jacket fits perfectly but I when I see pics of them it looks WAY too big on them in my opinion. Yet I feel like mine fits perfectly but I'm sure that others feel like it's way too small on me...
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent

Agreed about trying one on. Based on the advice of some posters here I would have ordered a large online, yet when I tried on a medium in a store I was swimming in it. I ended up getting the small, and I'm 5'9" with a 42" chest. My small is a tad snug across the middle button, but not tight (I can still wear a sweater underneath). My shoulders are fairly broad and I found the shoulders but especially the armholes restrictive when I tried the jacket on. Yet the differences in those areas between the medium and the small were not very significant, while the body of the jacket and length of the arms were.

The funny thing is that the shoulders and armholes turned me off the jacket when I first tried it on, yet when I tried it on again a few weeks later (at a different store) I found the small fit a lot better. My weight and measurements are usually very consistent so I think there will be some variability in the individual jackets. Also, I feel like mine has stretched out a lot since I bought it.

But the most important thing of all is personal taste. There are posters who feel their jacket fits perfectly but I when I see pics of them it looks WAY too big on them in my opinion. Yet I feel like mine fits perfectly but I'm sure that others feel like it's way too small on me...

Well said. I was told by Barbour here in DC, that the commander fits like a regular Barbour, and not as fitted as the original. Which freaked me out a bit, but I ordered the size I had in the original and the fit was the same. I shrunk the commander jacket, because the sleeves were too long, and that brought in the jacket in a bit.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Batman007Batman007 Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    I can't try it on. There is literally nowhere near me to go and do it. I live on the West Coast of the US. I am just very concerned because my shoulders are 18" easy and the shoulder measurement for the small is 16.5". I'm really not looking to buy a jacket and then destroy it once I try to move my shoulders.
  • Rachaellou25Rachaellou25 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Batman007 wrote:
    I can't try it on. There is literally nowhere near me to go and do it. I live on the West Coast of the US. I am just very concerned because my shoulders are 18" easy and the shoulder measurement for the small is 16.5". I'm really not looking to buy a jacket and then destroy it once I try to move my shoulders.

I know John Anthony stock the jacket. It is classed as a slim fit, so defo go up a size. I believe they deliver to the US as well. It was the only place I found the full size selection online. I contacted them to ask which size would be best for my partner.
    http://www.john-anthony.com/barbour/coats-and-jackets/bar002-a13-olv/
  • OddjobsOddjobs Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but like you I have a passion for all Bond related things.

I know this is a tall ask, but I thought I'd chance my luck and wonder whether anyone has a Barbour X To Ki To Sports Jacket they'd like to sell in medium or large, before I take the plunge and buy the new Dept.B commander jacket?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to post an update regarding the sports jacket. I wanted to get some sort of vest or additional liner to wear underneath my jacket for the colder weather. It needed to be pretty fitted, and a thin-ish but warm material. After some googling for 3rd party vests without much luck, I checked out Barbour's offerings. I found the following:

Barbour Polarquilt Vest

I didn't purchase through Jcrew. Instead I found a used, but great condition one through ebay from the UK in olive. I didn't want to spend over $150 or so to get it shipped new. The total was $70 shipped. Got it home today, tried it on over a button up shirt, AND a sweater and it is nice and fitted close to the body, and goes underneath the Tokito without an issue. I have the vest in a small, and the Tokito in a medium. You can't even tell it is underneath. It's actually a zip in liner for the Bedale jacket I believe, and other zip in liner option jackets.

So, anyone looking for some options to keep more warm while wearing, I highly recommend this option.
    OK I have a ToKiTo Lodge new with Tags I'm in negotiations with a fellow member on this site nice guy . He is in the States and has an XL and is looking to swap with me for my Large.

I really want to swap with him but before we both go down the route of posting mine to him i wanted to know if anybody in the London (UK) area has an XL lodge for me to try on to make sure it fits. This may be a bit of an ask but it would be very helpful to me to know that the XL would be the one for me. Please PM me if you would be happy for me to meet up and try on your XL

Cheers Your Hopefully

Andy
  • Veritae7Veritae7 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I've read this entire thread and I think I've decided on wanting a size large in the Sports jacket. This forum's level of obsessive dedication is amazingly helpful for someone as obsessively dedicated as me.

I'd be interested in purchasing a new or lightly used one and ideally I would like it to be unaltered as I plan on using the hood. (otherwise I'd be looking at the Commander)

Please contact me if you have one you're looking to sell, I will pay a fair price but not looking to get gouged on ebay.

Thanks!
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent
    Heads up, the Commander is back in stock, all sizes apart from xxl seem to be available on the Barbour website. I've just ordered a small.
  • Veritae7Veritae7 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know about the possibility of adding a hood to the commander? I know, I know, that's the absolute reverse of what some of you did with the original Tokitos, but where I live we get even more rain than the UK. I just can't justify buying such a nice waterproof jacket and not being able to wear it out in a downpour. I know Bond doesn't need a hood, but we can't all be hard as nails.

For those of you that removed your Tokito hood zippers, do you think it would be relatively easy to get a tailor to stitch a similar zipper on to a Commander? Or if anyone with a skyfall jacket also owns a hood for a bedale/beaufort would it be possible to add snaps to make them fit?

Last, but not least, if you've got a Tokito in a size large, but really want an SA Commander then I would be happy to provide you with the funds to make it happen in exchange for your hooded Tokito.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Veritae7 wrote:
    Does anyone know about the possibility of adding a hood to the commander? I know, I know, that's the absolute reverse of what some of you did with the original Tokitos, but where I live we get even more rain than the UK. I just can't justify buying such a nice waterproof jacket and not being able to wear it out in a downpour. I know Bond doesn't need a hood, but we can't all be hard as nails.

For those of you that removed your Tokito hood zippers, do you think it would be relatively easy to get a tailor to stitch a similar zipper on to a Commander? Or if anyone with a skyfall jacket also owns a hood for a bedale/beaufort would it be possible to add snaps to make them fit?

Last, but not least, if you've got a Tokito in a size large, but really want an SA Commander then I would be happy to provide you with the funds to make it happen in exchange for your hooded Tokito.

It ought to be easy enough. Barbour will add the zipper. I still have the hood from my tokito. Pm me with your address and its yours. I still have the necessary buttons too.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT