Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    I love mine. I will have the sleeves shortened. Leave the flap. Not wear the hood, and keep the hood zipper. But would wear it if it really poured.
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Daniel123 wrote:
    I would love to own one, i think all you people moaning about the jacket don't deserve to own it, and if you hate it that much you can give the jacket to me. It's a limited edition Barbour as seen in skyfall, And it looks great. what more do you want. -{ :(

Know one is moaning . What we are doing as mentioned is field testing and posting our
    observations
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Sorry I think this is hilarious :D

We all bought the jacket for no other reason that JB wore is for 20 mins in a film and we all thought it looked cool and went and bought one. Its a designer Barbour and not what I would call a real Outdoors Jacket there are plenty of other version made by Barbour that fit that label much better. The To Ki To is a designer Barbour made so for the Asian market nothing more nothing less. If you have been to Asia you would probably realise a Barbour is the last thing you need out there for most of the year!

We all traded an arm (or a leg as well in some cases) to get one to fulfil our need have one (question did you really need one answer No but you had to have one). The fit is snug for Westerners, the coat if unbutchered will generally do as it says on the time but still some are not happy about fit, perspiration causing dampness inside. Lets face it we are field testing this jacket a damn sight more than JB did, DC only wore it for a few days of filming max. It was chosen by costumers for its fictional look and not its practical use. If you think otherwise you just spent pounds or dollars more than you need too! :))

We should accept it for what it is a decent (though maybe over priced Barbour jacket) that will deliver in most weathers, that was never designed for westerners anyway and thus because of its snug fit may cause perspiration/condensation on the inside due to lack of airflow.

However looks cool and was worn by JB for 20 mins in a film and we own one aren't we lucky! B-)

Cheers
    I have to disagree on the fit of this jacket. Yes it is slim, but I don't think it's too slim for "Westerners". That's a matter of opinion. I think slim fit is perfect. I think the majority of people on the forum wear their clothes a little on the "looser" side and the slim fit is a major change for them, and they don't like it. That's the issue. I think people were expecting a "regular" Barbour fit such as the Bedale or Beaufort jacket. To me, those are baggy jackets. The To Ki To is a perfect slim fit Barbour, but yes I do agree it is a "designer" Barbour jacket. It's a collab!

I feel like I'm reading about the Levi's x Filson jacket from another forum. People had the same issues due to the slim fit and oilyness to it.

Bottom line, if you don't want a slim fit jacket, this probably isn't the jacket for you.

I agree with some of this. I've worn it in several kinds of weather and love it. However, it's not a "warm weather jacket". For the people who complain about sweating in it...well, then don't wear it in that weather! All jackets, whether the Barbour, the BR peacoat, or the Menlo, have different conditions that they are appropriate to and if you wear any of those jackets outside of those conditions then of course you'll sweat.

(Perhaps we should all get Indiana Jones' magic leather jacket, which is appropriate for freezing weather in Nepal, the hot dry desert, *and* the humid and hot jungle!)

As for the fit, I do find it a *little* more snug in the armholes than what I'm used to, and I'm the biggest fan of "slim fit" clothes that there is. However, it's more a matter of getting used to it, I find. I don't find the rest of the fit to be oppressive, and I would certainly agree that there are a lot of people (at least in North America) who are still used to wearing looser, even baggier, clothing.

Still love mine, and will wear it for years or decades to come. So glad that I got this instead of, say, a Menlo.
    However, it's not a "warm weather jacket". For the people who complain about sweating in it...well, then don't wear it in that weather!

For the last time its not complaint !!!. It was an observation. Also I have been wearing mine in all the bad weather we are having in the UK at the moment yes it has been freezing but you still sweat in the jacket which shows I'm keeping warm albeit soaked to the skin in sweat ( Again not a complaint ). I wish you guys that post very long replies actually read the posts you are replying to carefully before knee jerking off a reply.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    However, it's not a "warm weather jacket". For the people who complain about sweating in it...well, then don't wear it in that weather!

For the last time its not complaint !!!. It was an observation. Also I have been wearing mine in all the bad weather we are having in the UK at the moment yes it has been freezing but you still sweat in the jacket which shows I'm keeping warm albeit soaked to the skin in sweat ( Again not a complaint ). I wish you guys that post very long replies actually read the posts you are replying to carefully before knee jerking off a reply.

Why do you assume that this post is directed at you? That, to me, is more of a "knee-jerk" reaction than what those of us have written. Others have complained (not observed) about sweating in the jacket.

Why do you assume that this post is directed at you? That, to me, is more of a "knee-jerk" reaction than what those of us have written. Others have complained (not observed) about sweating in the jacket.

We could go back an forth arguing about who said what, when and why. A few people have mentioned sweating in the jacket including me and in all weathers and as far as i am concerned know one is complaining they have just pointed out the fact that you can sweat easily in it.. End of story
    Found a great Tailor in London who did my storm flap removal in less then 1 hour at a cost of £12.50. Amazing super fast and super cheap you wouldn't know it was ever there. I have included a picture of the finished result and include the receipt of payment which has the address of the tailor on it, just in case you decide to visit her

lodge_J_Tailored.jpg
    anyone here have Barbour insert gusset under arm? apparently this is a popular and simple alteration to help with fit? if so a picture would be appreciated.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:
    anyone here have Barbour insert gusset under arm? apparently this is a popular and simple alteration to help with fit? if so a picture would be appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that, and what does it do?
    as described to me by barbour, for those who feel the arm holes are a tad tight on any of there jackets a crescent shaped piece of fabric is inserted underneath between sleeve and armhole.
  • mrbond5150mrbond5150 Posts: 69MI6 Agent
    Has anyone gotten the jacket taken in? Barbour does it for 90... They also had an event where they rewaxed your jacket in house, was sad to have missed it by one day!
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    I do love the fact that we can flip down the collar and it is a nice blazer and flip up for the JB/ hunting look and add hood for a casual look. it is like 3 jackets in one!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    mrbond5150 wrote:
    Has anyone gotten the jacket taken in? Barbour does it for 90... They also had an event where they rewaxed your jacket in house, was sad to have missed it by one day!

Is that GBP 90 or USD 90? -are you in the US or the UK, mr bond5150?

I'd be interested in getting mine tailored and guess its best to get Barbour to do it. I'm in the UK.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • tvdc51tvdc51 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Found a great Tailor in London who did my storm flap removal in less then 1 hour at a cost of £12.50. Amazing super fast and super cheap you wouldn't know it was ever there. I have included a picture of the finished result and include the receipt of payment which has the address of the tailor on it, just in case you decide to visit her

lodge_J_Tailored.jpg

The jacket feels much better without the flap don't you think? None of that bunched up stuff under your breast pocket.

Incidentally, the lining in one of my pockets has come apart. Going to return it to Barbour to see if they can repair it. Mildly annoying for a jacket that I was told would last me a lifetime.
    ...and before anyone says I don't deserve to have one ... I paid over £500 for mine, the lining shouldn't rip after two weeks of wear, i don't care how many minutes Daniel Craig wore it for.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    tvdc51 wrote:
    ...and before anyone says I don't deserve to have one ... I paid over £500 for mine, the lining shouldn't rip after two weeks of wear, i don't care how many minutes Daniel Craig wore it for.

Why would anybody say you don't deserve to have one?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    That's an awesome job. I would prefer the jacket without it, totally over kill in my opinion especially since you cannot button it down on the inside, proper placement is too close the arm pit. I do like the throat triangle thingy, so I would leave those buttons on to attach it. I would take any repair to that minor to your tailor. Only issue I see is the use of water proof thread, which is what Barbour uses.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • PPK packerPPK packer Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    I thought long and hard about having the flap removed and I have decided to keep it.

It's windy and raining most of the time here and I have found the flap helps more than it hinders.
    "No man is any good who has no enemies..." Major-General Percy Hobart.
    tvdc51 wrote:

lodge_J_Tailored.jpg

The jacket feels much better without the flap don't you think? None of that bunched up stuff under your breast pocket.

Incidentally, the lining in one of my pockets has come apart. Going to return it to Barbour to see if they can repair it. Mildly annoying for a jacket that I was told would last me a lifetime.

Yes the jacket feels much better now. I have no need for it and i wear a scarf with the jacket it feels a little lighter too. Shame about your pocket. I would take it to your local tailor as you would need to wait some time for the return of your jacket to be returned from barbour.
  • mrbond5150mrbond5150 Posts: 69MI6 Agent
    mrbond5150 wrote:

I'd be interested in getting mine tailored and guess its best to get Barbour to do it. I'm in the UK.

I'm in the US so 90 USD the rep told me.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    mrbond5150 wrote:
    mrbond5150 wrote:

I'm in the US so 90 USD the rep told me.

That makes sense, as barbour uk have told me and a few others, that they only alter sleeve length here (as well as repairs). They don't do adjustments or SA changes (zipper, button removal etc)
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:
    I love mine. I will have the sleeves shortened. Leave the flap. Not wear the hood, and keep the hood zipper. But would wear it if it really poured.

I had the sleeves shortened on mine by Barbour - made a great job, doesn't show at all
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Well, I am loving my jacket. Soon, I won't have a chance to wear it until maybe... October time. It's a winter jacket, and is very warm. It's thin, but really wind & rain proof. I love it!

I will keep mine intact I think. It's only got buttons (nice touch), so the storm flap really will help in wind & rain conditions. I intend to wear mine in the proper weather, though. It's not a daily coat, but a wet-weather coat which I intend to keep for many, many years.

I hope everyone's enjoying theirs, too :)
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    martini wrote:
    Well, I am loving my jacket. Soon, I won't have a chance to wear it until maybe... October time. It's a winter jacket, and is very warm. It's thin, but really wind & rain proof. I love it!

I will keep mine intact I think. It's only got buttons (nice touch), so the storm flap really will help in wind & rain conditions. I intend to wear mine in the proper weather, though. It's not a daily coat, but a wet-weather coat which I intend to keep for many, many years.

I hope everyone's enjoying theirs, too :)

Im pleased you are enjoying your jacket. It's good that you keep it intact as it will be more versatile that way. With care the jacket can last a lifetime. :)
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    My jacket is in for alterations as of twenty minutes ago. Slimming the body and arms. Storm flap and excess buttons removal. I was talked into keeping the zipper on, but I'll most likely get that removed eventually. Can't wait to see the results :)
  • harpenharpen Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I love my jacket too, but I'm having a hard time understanding why a very cottonlike, soft fabric would not breathe at all. I can see that I'm not the only one having this problem but it's really striking how the jacket seems to retain moisture and sweat forever, unlike Belstaff made with Milerain which has denser, stiffer fabric but dries much better and faster. I guess inner lining differences?

It's also got a very interesting fit. I'm Asian (the target demographic for this jacket), 5'11'', 170lb standard build, bit on the chubby side. I'm wearing a medium and the armholes are fine until it gets to the forearm and the wrist. My leather cuffs are always scratching away on my wrist. Shoulders fit fine but the fit's quite tight on the back and under armpit. Waist/chest/length seems fine to me. From the comments I've seen here I should have gotten a large, but the medium kind of fits me fine, so the jacket really is made to Asian figures...? Who knows.
    how do they go about slimming the arms?

My jacket is in for alterations as of twenty minutes ago. Slimming the body and arms. Storm flap and excess buttons removal. I was talked into keeping the zipper on, but I'll most likely get that removed eventually. Can't wait to see the results :)
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Bugsy wrote:
    how do they go about slimming the arms?

It'll be taken in at the arm's seam.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Hi TUK, are Barbour doing this for you?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I don't have the sweating problem. I wonder whether the people that are struggling with this are either a) in much warmer climate than I or b) have taken the 'fitted' them a step too far and are wearing something that is simply too right for them.

I'd be interested to know.