Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    drugtest wrote:
    Speaking of the Lodge outfit... I'm sure the info is already posted someplace here, but has the scarf been identified? And does anyone have a budget alternative suggestion?

I just bought a beige silk scarf from Muji, the Japanese chain, but I would rather buy something that's already a darker brown and not mess with dye, although that's probably easier than I'm fearing.

Macy's club room has a cashmere in the color espresso!
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Thank you and thank you. Is it silk or something else?
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I am a 39 chest, 11st with fairly broad shoulders and med build (arms a tad longer than the norm - no gorilla - I always come between a 33 or 35 inch sleeve length in a dress shirt). Based on advice on this thread I went for a medium and it was a good call however i would have needed a large if I had a larger waist (32ins).

Initially it did feel tight with a med weight jumper underneath as they are fitted, but I could cross my arms in it without problem. However after wearing on and off for the last month and getting it soaked a couple if times it did give a little and is fine now.

No matter what, the arms will always feel snug in terms of diameter) unless you go a size up (let's face it these jackets are fashioned on a standard suit jacket style would you usually wear a think wool jumper under a suit jacket?).

At the end of the day we are all different and have our own preferences. If in doubt try one on if you can or order two sizes (suggest def a med and either one up or down) and return the one not required you will get a refund in the end (or sell it here)

Good luck and I hope this helps

Cheers
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Back in stock for pre order Large Barbour Clothing Barbour Dept B - Commander Jacket MWX0007 OL71 Dept B
    in fact they seem to have all sizes except Small for pre order. Same RRP as the tokito £399. I would buy if i didnt have two SA tokito's already

Delivery Expected End July - Early August 2013
    PRE-ORDER your Size Today. (Delivery Now Confirmed).

http://www.stuartslondon.com/coats-jackets-c23/jackets-c25/barbour-clothing-barbour-dept-b-commander-jacket-mwx0007-ol71-dept-b-p6679#28671
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    Back in stock for pre order Large Barbour Clothing Barbour Dept B - Commander Jacket MWX0007 OL71 Dept B
    in fact they seem to have all sizes except Small for pre order. Same RRP as the tokito £399. I would buy if i didnt have two SA tokito's already

http://www.stuartslondon.com/coats-jackets-c23/jackets-c25/barbour-clothing-barbour-dept-b-commander-jacket-mwx0007-ol71-dept-b-p6679#28671

Very nice. Thanks for the info. Considering that I wouldn't get it until the summer, I'd rather wait it out to see if any discounted jackets pop up on ebay during the spring and summer months. I can always order it later.
    VinnyMac wrote:

Very nice. Thanks for the info. Considering that I wouldn't get it until the summer, I'd rather wait it out to see if any discounted jackets pop up on ebay during the spring and summer months. I can always order it later.

Yeah i think by then all the hoohaa about Skyfall would have died down and you could possibly pick up a tokito
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Is this pre order only for the folks in the UK? Or can we who are State side pre order too for international delivery?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Stuarts of London ship to USA!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Good 2 days of bond clothing based activity , Tuesday I get through a size small levi menlo SA , over the moon with it , perfect fit and superb quality garment. Then today (Wednesday) I get through a size medium Barbour x to ki to beacon hertitage sports jacket. Beautiful craftsmanship and real wonderful jacket , ever so slight baggy ness which is all fine but if there's a potential to trade for a small all would be perfect ,if not I'm happy to suffice. All in all a brilliant 2 days and 2 of the icon jackets of the film and very rare. On that note if anyone knows or has a size small barbour looking to trade for a medium pm me. If not as I said ill be happy to suffice. All the best people!!

Happy Days :-)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Just reviewed skyfall itself , the fit of this medium , look and overall feel is bang on. I had initial queries over the fit , but it's exactly the fit seen on screen and seen Manu others post their jackets on this thread with the same outcome / fit. Pretty good estimate going with the medium baring in mind it gives growth room and wearing the blue jumper and scarf it'll become a touch tighter. Over the moon with this jacket and the menlo , living the bond jacket dream. Time to get the all saints cords , boots , blue jumper , scarf and barbour on for a Sundays UK winter walk around a national park and visit a nice manor ;-)
    Stefan wrote:
    Is this pre order only for the folks in the UK? Or can we who are State side pre order too for international delivery?

I pre ordered a commander from this company in the states. they don't seem to be offering it any longer but I would call anyway they might put you on a list.
    Besides the conversion to pounds would cost you alot more $$$ US
    Email:
    customersupport@onwardreserve.com (Email us anytime, day or night)

Phone:
    Monday-Friday (9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST) - 1 (888) 543-5022
    Saturday (10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST) - 1 (706) 543-0106
    Sunday (12 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST) - 1 (706) 543-0106
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Two random thoughts on the Lodge outfit:

1. I popped in Skyfall a few times now and the pants/jeans looks like a dark blue. I can't tell for the life of me that it's a dark brown.

2. Why would Barbour release a "Commander" version if they just continue with the Tokito? I mean they went through the trouble of rereleasing new inventory in January. So i don't think its terribly difficult to make more. To me, it doesn't make sense unless there is a real difference between the two. Business wise, it makes no sense.
    FYI, cultizm has Small and XL in stock at the moment. Higher price?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p2798_Barbour-Sports-Jacket-Olive.html
    Philweezer wrote:
    2. Why would Barbour release a "Commander" version if they just continue with the Tokito? I mean they went through the trouble of rereleasing new inventory in January. So i don't think its terribly difficult to make more. To me, it doesn't make sense unless there is a real difference between the two. Business wise, it makes no sense.

There's probably a significant number of potential buyers who don't give a rip about To Ki To or getting the original jacket that the Skyfall jacket was altered from; they want a jacket that looks like how it was in the movie without going to a tailor to get buttons and a zipper removed. And I'm sure there are people who bought the To Ki To who will also buy the Commander, but fewer of them would buy TWO To Ki To's (those few might all post here :)) )

Also, not sure if this is a factor, but the association with To Ki To is apparently over after the current SS13 line.

I'm surprised that they're not issuing both the Commander and more of the original-style Sports Jackets. More choices for the buying public. But we still don't know what else if coming out in the Dept B line yet.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    drugtest wrote:
    Philweezer wrote:

There's probably a significant number of potential buyers who don't give a rip about To Ki To or getting the original jacket that the Skyfall jacket was altered from; they want a jacket that looks like how it was in the movie without going to a tailor to get buttons and a zipper removed. And I'm sure there are people who bought the To Ki To who will also buy the Commander, but fewer of them would buy TWO To Ki To's (those few might all post here :)) )

Also, not sure if this is a factor, but the association with To Ki To is apparently over after the current SS13 line.

I'm surprised that they're not issuing both the Commander and more of the original-style Sports Jackets. More choices for the buying public. But we still don't know what else if coming out in the Dept B line yet.

I also think it's a good way for Barbour to launch and get interest in this new Dept B line. By having what they know is a popular jacket in it.
    kadd wrote:
    drugtest wrote:
    Philweezer wrote:

I also think it's a good way for Barbour to launch and get interest in this new Dept B line. By having what they know is a popular jacket in it.

Exactly!
    Hello everyone! The Tokito LT ED jacket has been modified for use in Skyfall... therefore the newer version being released by Barbour is no longer a Tokito limited edition..
    That is why Barbour is reissuing this modified skyfall version...... B-)
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Philweezer wrote:
    Two random thoughts on the Lodge outfit:

1. I popped in Skyfall a few times now and the pants/jeans looks like a dark blue. I can't tell for the life of me that it's a dark brown.

Yep, the only time his cords look brown on my SF Blu-ray is when he's underwater and when he's crouching behind the door of the DB5. I suspect the colours on my TV are off because the N Peal sweater looks more royal blue than it did when I saw SF in the theatre. However, there's obviously some colour correction that happened in post production - all of Craig's suits (after the PTS sharkskin) look navy blue to me when in fact they're all different shades of grey. Sigh...now I have to figure out how to tweak the settings on my TV...
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    drugtest wrote:
    FYI, cultizm has Small and XL in stock at the moment. Higher price?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p2798_Barbour-Sports-Jacket-Olive.html

Thanks for the heads up, just had confirmation on my XL order, that it has the correct buttons.
    Very happy.
    mrgatsby wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    drugtest wrote:

Exactly!
    Hello everyone! The Tokito LT ED jacket has been modified for use in Skyfall... therefore the newer version being released by Barbour is no longer a Tokito limited edition..
    Well it makes sense if they are discontinuing the Tokito line. My point was that sometimes it costs a company more to modify something. I doubt that they trying to help out the consumer, sorry. Think about it, the cost difference is only $70 US. That's not a lot when you are already paying close to $800. Barbour recommends you use their tailoring service because of the material. So if they kept making the Tokito, the price is more (than the commander) and they get a few extra bucks on alterations. That's more money in the pocket. You may not agree but that's reality. If this jacket ends up being identical to the Tokito (not inspired) then they should do what Billy Reid did with their peacoats in continuously release them. Before anyone goes there, this thought has nothing to do with being an exclusive limited edition or being SA, just a thought in a business sense
    Philweezer wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:
    kadd wrote:

The price of the TokiTo here in UK is/was £399 The price of the new Commander Debt B is.........wait for it.........£399
    surprise surprise Exactly the same price
    :))
    Exactly!
    Well it makes sense if they are discontinuing the Tokito line. My point was that sometimes it costs a company more to modify something. I doubt that they trying to help out the consumer, sorry. Think about it, the cost difference is only $70 US. That's not a lot when you are already paying close to $800. Barbour recommends you use their tailoring service because of the material. So if they kept making the Tokito, the price is more (than the commander) and they get a few extra bucks on alterations. That's more money in the pocket. You may not agree but that's reality. If this jacket ends up being identical to the Tokito (not inspired) then they should do what Billy Reid did with their peacoats in continuously release them. Before anyone goes there, this thought has nothing to do with being an exclusive limited edition or being SA, just a thought in a business sense
    The price of the TokiTo here in UK is/was £399 The price of the new Commander Debt B is.........wait for it.........£399
    surprise surprise Exactly the same price.

So for a limited edition £399 .. will the the Commander be a Limited edition it doesn't have a famous designer making it so why the same price

So for a limited edition £399 .. will the the Commander be a Limited edition it doesn't have a famous designer making it so why the same price
    $$$, but in your case £££.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent

Doubt its going to be limited as for the price being the same? Well im sure they are aware of the prices on eBay and the fact this jacket is shithot!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JimboBondJimboBond Lake Mary, FLPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    Any word on the replica jacket by evolve007 on ebay?
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Doubt its going to be limited as for the price being the same? Well im sure they are aware of the prices on eBay and the fact this jacket is shithot!

...agreed. It will be "limited" alright...limited to how many they can make and sell.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    VinnyMac wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

...agreed. It will be "limited" alright...limited to how many they can make and sell.

exactly right. Thats the new definition of "limited edition"
    LOL
    Look at this on ebay advertised as Barbour X To Ki Men's Jacket- "Skyfall" Designer Tokihito Yashida

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390557072051
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Just got mine back from the Barbour store after they did the button and zip modifications. It only took three weeks in the end. Collar without the zip looks perfect. The areas where the buttons used to be are a little 'pinched' but in theory that's supposed to flatten out and blend in over time.... We'll see. I asked about getting it re-waxed to smooth it over, and the store manager advised against it for now. Apparently someone had that done, and because the fabric of this jacket is so thin, the wax soaked all the way through and ruined the lining. Anyway, here are the pics, lighting not great as its already dark, but here goes :

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg