Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• tvdc51tvdc51 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Perfectionist! :))
    And so the SA debate rumbles on........

It is a amazing ... about a 1 inch difference in placement of a button that, if Screen Accuracy is your thing, is ironically not fastened in the film. Heigh ho, I'm not judging anyone ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I already have a XL but not SA buttons (doesnt bother me to be honest but worth checking)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    tvdc51 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Perfectionist! :))
    And so the SA debate rumbles on........

It is a amazing ... about a 1 inch difference in placement of a button that, if Screen Accuracy is your thing, is ironically not fastened in the film. Heigh ho, I'm not judging anyone ;)

Welcome to the world of diehard 007 collecting -{

I returned my Sunspel Poloshirts because the blue was not like in CR :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    He also returned his La Perla's because the bulge was much much smaller than SA :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I once tried to return my wife because she did not look like Vesper does that count? Only thing was the in laws moved and did not tell us :))
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    He also returned his La Perla's because the bulge was much much smaller than SA :))

you're mixing up myself with your 9 mm winkie :p
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Seriously if you really want that level of detail fill your boots! - I would rather be normal and happy :)) (apart from what seems to be a slight Bond fetish but I am having therapy for that and some cream)
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That's cold...literally
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    consider it this way:

for those who have non SA button placement, if barbour called you up and said, we will exchange your jacket for a jacket in the same size, same condition but have SA buttons free of charge including shipping, would you?

Everyone would (and to those who say you wouldnt, i dont believe you). And thats the point right there. People who look at pics of a product place an order but recieve something different, no matter how small, have a right to have the company fix it. Is it a big issue for me personally? no its not but its still an issue for many regardless how small. Basic business 101; You have to represent an item accurately and faithfully. And thats what it boils down to.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry I read bulge as budgie and was laughing my socks off (for non UK readers we call trunks in the design of briefs as Budgie Sugglers you can probably see why I nearly choked on my cup of tea) :))
    I might agree if my coat arrived without an arm or by Perlas without a budgie but for a button 1 inch out - probably not. I bet the same people would sue God for being born.

Seriously I can appreciate the sentiment and I guess it just depends if you want the exchange for SA reasons or because of the principle - one equals get a life the other well is it worth dying for if so give it a shot (if not just enjoy what you have you lucky bugger)

I feel the same about those with Jack Purcells you lucky things but I know I missed that boat long ago

Cheers
    yep, totally right. We should just be thankful we are alive and not question or demand anything. I will retreat into my comune!

and we are not talking about some invisible microscopic difference. I would say almost 2 inches.

Its funny because the SA one looks like the mistake to the untrained, un SA educated eye

DSC07132.jpg
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    consider it this way:

for those who have non SA button placement, if barbour called you up and said, we will exchange your jacket for a jacket in the same size, same condition but have SA buttons free of charge including shipping, would you?

Everyone would (and to those who say you wouldnt, i dont believe you). And thats the point right there. People who look at pics of a product place an order but recieve something different, no matter how small, have a right to have the company fix it. Is it a big issue for me personally? no its not but its still an issue for many regardless how small. Basic business 101; You have to represent an item accurately and faithfully. And thats what it boils down to.

Hi I came late to the Lodge jacket and now i have two..But i was wondering did Barbour actually market theses jackets as SkyFall or lodge Jackets
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    I am shocked, shocked that some of you would so cavalierly accept the betrayal of Tohohito Yoshida's aesthetic vision.

Unless the SA button placement is actually the original error and those plucky Bulgarian factory workers are the ones who "corrected" it in the first place.
    yep, totally right. We should just be thankful we are alive and not question or demand anything. I will retreat into my comune!

and we are not talking about some invisible microscopic difference. I would say almost 2 inches.

Its funny because the SA one looks like the mistake to the untrained, un SA educated eye

DSC07132.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Is the SA the one on the left or the right
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    consider it this way:

For me I only care how it looks on me. I want to wear mine like a sportcoat so whichever looks better or more functional wins.
  • Pitch3110Pitch3110 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    Pitch3110 wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:

Let us know what they say?

Maybe they will give u a full refund and offer you a couple of grand to keep you from bad mouthing them on clothing sites and fashion programs..

Then again they might just say no.

Try selling it on here...for slightly less than what you paid for it ( that's only fair) as I, sure someone would like it.

Cheers and good luck

Erm...... Look at my post above.

Pitch

Sorry pitch, no idea what you're talking about...

I/we were talking to jon1uk....

I can see you have had a wonderful after sales experience from the excellent Barnbour people...

So are you too suggesting Jon try them?

Then we're on same page.

Indeed worth a shout they were pretty good and understanding of the issue.

Sorry if my post was a bit vague buddy.

Ta
    Pitch
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    consider it this way:

Hi I came late to the Lodge jacket and now i have two..But i was wondering did Barbour actually market theses jackets as SkyFall or lodge Jackets

No they were released as ''limited edition Tokito's''
    The coming new model called ''The commander section(B) is being marketed as the Skyfall jacket.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    i would say the SA one is on the right as you look at picture
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

DSC07132.jpg

right

DSC07132.jpg

right

Cool I have 2 SA jackets then ;) .. although i dont mind which on i got and i don't know why anybody would. I mean unless you are an actor trying to recreate that lodge scene and want continuity then i would understand but if you are just some guy wanting to look cool in the jacket i can't see why it would matter
    Mine is non SA and given the variance in size I would not replace mine for a SA without trying. Mine fits perfect and I would not replace for SA if there was any compromise.

Interesting on the hood zip comments, I popped the hood I mine for the first time as the weather was shocking yesterday and buttoned up and cords tightened it performed excellent.

Not a drop leaked in and I have now decided to leave it on for a while, I like the designed look....... although not everyone's taste I am sure.

Ta
    Pitch
    Mine is non SA and given the variance in size I would not replace mine for a SA without trying. Mine fits perfect and I would not replace for SA if there was any compromise.

Interesting on the hood zip comments, I popped the hood I mine for the first time as the weather was shocking yesterday and buttoned up and cords tightened it performed excellent.

Not a drop leaked in and I have now decided to leave it on for a while, I like the designed look....... although not everyone's taste I am sure.

Ta
    Pitch
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:

Yes, the screen accurate one has the bottom button lined up directly with the pocket flap corner.

P1020110_zps9ad13042.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    jon_1uk wrote:

I have mentioned this before
    The Irony of the 100% wind and waterproof jacket is the it gets soaked from the inside by sweat
    So this is what is meant by SA and None SA see Pic

Screen_Shot_2013_03_10_at_20_14_30.jpg
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent

if u are asking then yes!!
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    jon_1uk wrote:

if u are asking then yes!!

No i was not asking. I was informing anybody who was unsure and needed a definitive answer so i made this as a quick reference ;)
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    consider it this way:

I actually would not exchange my Non SA jacket for a SA one. When I first saw the jacket I thought " what the effs up with the buttons?" I was happily surprised when it showed with the buttons evenly spaced.
    to each his own then.