Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    and there might be some credence to the theory that factory may have thought the uneven buttons were a mistake and began to correct them until barbour noticed. Thats the most plausible theory ive heard.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Yeah.. gotta disagree with the assertion that "EVERYONE would" replace their jacket for a screen accurate button placement jacket... I mean, I really enjoy the Bond movies.. (why else would I be here).. and obviously I am fascinated by the clothing and gear used by Bond.. (hell, even my back up gun for work is a PPKs of course :) ) But owning a "non-screen accurate" buttoned lodge jacket is such a non-issue to me... I love this stuff.. love the gear.. love the clothing.. but in the end.. I am not James Bond.. I am not playing dress up.. I simply share an enjoyment of quality gear and clothing... I own the Barbour Beacon Heritage Sport Coat, but having buttons placed an inch off from the one seen in the movie falls into the category of "I honestly could give a s@#t"....
  • Chrisy27Chrisy27 Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    I owned a non-SA jacket, I called Barbour and within a week they replaced it with a SA one, didn't cost me a penny.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    I have had a coupe of people comment "nice jacket" when wearing my Lodge but not a single person has commented on it being the one worn in Skyfall or by Bond. So I'd never expect anybody to notice whether the buttons were screen accurate or not! Mine are but I wouldn't care either way.

I also wore my complete Lodge outfit (petrol jumper, cords jacket and Islay boot - love them BTW!) when I went into my local Omega store. They had a nice display with the Aqua Terra, Planet Ocean and the filming Skyfall book with Bond wearing the same outfit on the cover. The assistant delighted telling me that the watches were as worn by Bond in the film and chatted about how good the film was - and still didn't notice or comment on the jacket or outfit!!!

So, in my view, go fr the overall look and enjoy it for what it is. In this case, a fantastic, comfortable and versatile jacket and don't worry about the buttons! Nobody is ever going to notice!!

I'll be wearing mine on my way to work tonight in the snow!! :007)
    Chrisy27 wrote:
    I owned a non-SA jacket, I called Barbour and within a week they replaced it with a SA one, didn't cost me a penny.

awesome and thumbs up for barbour. Thats how customer service should be done.
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Chrisy27 wrote:

awesome and thumbs up for barbour. Thats how customer service should be done.

Barbour UK have tried to assist me exchanging my non SA XL, but they have no jackets to exchange it with and I was told that they aren't producing any more of the sports jacket. They suggested I return to the store for a full refund or perhaps purchase the bond inspired commander.

It would be nice to have the SA version as I prefer the look as it is more like a sports jacket when fastened but I can live with what I have, as in reality you tend not to use the bottom button. :-)
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    yep, totally right. We should just be thankful we are alive and not question or demand anything. I will retreat into my comune!

and we are not talking about some invisible microscopic difference. I would say almost 2 inches.

Its funny because the SA one looks like the mistake to the untrained, un SA educated eye

DSC07132.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Is the SA the one on the left or the right
    right

Look at the difference in colour! Forget the button placement. Looks a totally different green.
    NO, let me kill this before it grows out of control. The room has HORRIBLE lighting and the non-SA one was closest to the open window so it looks different buts its not. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME COLOR side by side. Just trust me on this. Do not take the picture above for anything else except for an exposition on the button placement as that was all it was snapped for.
    here are pics of the same large as above. As you can see...

DSC07129.jpg

DSC07118.jpg
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    Yeah.. gotta disagree with the assertion that "EVERYONE would" replace their jacket for a screen accurate button placement jacket... I mean, I really enjoy the Bond movies.. (why else would I be here).. and obviously I am fascinated by the clothing and gear used by Bond.. (hell, even my back up gun for work is a PPKs of course :) ) But owning a "non-screen accurate" buttoned lodge jacket is such a non-issue to me... I love this stuff.. love the gear.. love the clothing.. but in the end.. I am not James Bond.. I am not playing dress up.. I simply share an enjoyment of quality gear and clothing... I own the Barbour Beacon Heritage Sport Coat, but having buttons placed an inch off from the one seen in the movie falls into the category of "I honestly could give a s@#t"....

+1,000,000
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    PointfiveO wrote:

Look at the difference in colour! Forget the button placement. Looks a totally different green.

The one of the left is obviously closer to a window or door...I hope that you knew that and you were just kidding. If not :#
  • tvdc51tvdc51 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    PointfiveO wrote:

Thanks for the photo. Is the SA the one on the left or the right
    right

They're the same, the one on the left is just nearer to a window (strong light source).

Edit: I see this has already been addressed. Should have read the rest of the thread.
  • The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    :)) nice one mate, thankyou . . . We don't need yet another controversy!! We've had quite enough of all this already haven't we!
    NO, let me kill this before it grows out of control. The room has HORRIBLE lighting and the non-SA one was closest to the open window so it looks different buts its not. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME COLOR side by side. Just trust me on this. Do not take the picture above for anything else except for an exposition on the button placement as that was all it was snapped for.
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    The Limey wrote:
    :)) nice one mate, thankyou . . . We don't need yet another controversy!! We've had quite enough of all this already haven't we!

LoL i quite agree

IMG_0804.jpg
  • alexandrosmagnosalexandrosmagnos Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    So, for anyone still searching. M. Dumas seems to have a little stock left (though I think theirs don't have SA buttons from what the sales associate said on the phone), and I'm seeing more jackets back in stock at Royal Male's website (see link below). Hope that helps.

http://www.royalmale.com/barbour-mens/beacon-heritage-collection/barbour-beacon-heritage-sports-jacket-james-bond-jacket.html
    So, for anyone still searching. M. Dumas seems to have a little stock left (though I think theirs don't have SA buttons from what the sales associate said on the phone), and I'm seeing more jackets back in stock at Royal Male's website (see link below). Hope that helps.

http://www.royalmale.com/barbour-mens/beacon-heritage-collection/barbour-beacon-heritage-sports-jacket-james-bond-jacket.html

I went into the Barbour shop in Carnaby Street London today and was having a chat with the shopkeeper about the Lodge Jacket and he told me they have a few left in the store room in size Small only at the Covent Garden shop and he phoned to reserve one for me/my wife although talking to the wife she doesn't want a mans cut barbour. So if anybody needs a small sized Lodge they have a few in covent garden and i have one reserved till closing time tomorrow. If you want to pick up my reserved one just PM me

IMG_0804_2.jpg
    you definitely have to be a small to fit into a small lol. Thanks for the heads up Craig! I wonder if anyone could post the measurements of a small because I have seen measurements of all the rest. i think a small would be best for a 36R...
    you definitely have to be a small to fit into a small lol. Thanks for the heads up Craig! I wonder if anyone could post the measurements of a small because I have seen measurements of all the rest. i think a small would be best for a 36R...
    All of the women in my life have said I'm absolutely huge, and occasionally just too big , and yet , strangely, the small, very tight, Lodge jacket fits my 5'9" , 38" chest , perfectly . Very strange. . ;)
    The Limey wrote:
    All of the women in my life have said I'm absolutely huge, and occasionally just too big , and yet , strangely, the small, very tight, Lodge jacket fits my 5'9" , 38" chest , perfectly . Very strange. . ;)
    That is strange I'm 5"9 180 pounds 38 in chest and i have a large and had to wear it with the thin sweater for 6 weeks in the rain for it to stretch enough for it fit me just right...I can't image you fitting in a small...Well i can but the image in my head is hilarious

IMG_0804_2.jpg
    yeah, that is weird cuz im 5'10 160 and a medium fits perfect. Im sure I MIGHT be able to worm my way into a small but definitely wouldnt be able to button it. hmm...
    http://postimage.org/image/44cq6jo0l/ :) see . . Perfect. Size small.
    The Limey wrote:
    That is strange I'm 5"9 180 pounds 38 in chest and i have a large and had to wear it with the thin sweater for 6 weeks in the rain for it to stretch enough for it fit me just right...I can't image you fitting in a small...Well i can but the image in my head is hilarious

IMG_0804_2.jpg
    that just looks tight. Like you cant wear anything besides a thin t under it. Hard to tell from the one pic but if you are happy with the way it fits then thats all that matters!
    The Limey wrote:
    The Limey wrote:

IMG_0804_2.jpg

Wow i don't know how you do it..I couldn't even imagine me fitting in a medium and from what you say im bigger then you
    The jacket was tight for several weeks when new ,but now is easily loose enough for a sweater underneath...it certainly seems to loosen up over time. I also think that the thick wax coating on new jackets makes them feel far tighter than once they've been broken in a bit.
    The Limey wrote:

IMG_0804_2.jpg

Wow i don't know how you do it..I couldn't even imagine me fitting in a medium and from what you say im bigger then you
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    The Limey wrote:

IMG_0804_2.jpg

To add to the confusion I'm 5'9" and 163 lbs with a 42" chest and I wear a Small...and I can wear a medium weight sweater under mine. It's snug but not tight and has loosened up since I bought it. I tried on the medium and it was definitely too big for me.
  • mrbond5150mrbond5150 Posts: 69MI6 Agent
    Well now I am totally confused on which size to get :)) :))
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    It's really a case of having to try one on to be sure of the proper size. You can guestimate pretty well and possibly be right, but until you really try one one... I'm 5'6" with a 37ish" chest and the Small just felt too tight. It was hard for me to button it up, especially the top button, and harder still to cross my arms or move naturally once buttoned.

Maybe the Small would have stretched out and ended up correct after weeks of use, but... the medium just felt better, although the sleeves are a tiny bit too long. And when I say felt better, let me be clear that the shoulders still felt too tight. I don't mind if it end up being a little looser than Tokohito Yoshida wants it to be, I want to be able to wear a sweater underneath and still be able to move comfortably. Heck, when I first fell in love with this jacket I had visions of wearing another sport jacket underneath, but that was folly.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    drugtest wrote:
    It's really a case of having to try one on to be sure of the proper size. You can guestimate pretty well and possibly be right, but until you really try one one... I'm 5'6" with a 37ish" chest and the Small just felt too tight. It was hard for me to button it up, especially the top button, and harder still to cross my arms or move naturally once buttoned.

Maybe the Small would have stretched out and ended up correct after weeks of use, but... the medium just felt better, although the sleeves are a tiny bit too long. And when I say felt better, let me be clear that the shoulders still felt too tight. I don't mind if it end up being a little looser than Tokohito Yoshida wants it to be, I want to be able to wear a sweater underneath and still be able to move comfortably. Heck, when I first fell in love with this jacket I had visions of wearing another sport jacket underneath, but that was folly.

I tried on two different smalls and two different mediums in different stores a few weeks apart and the smalls felt different - and I know my measurements didn't change that much! I felt the tightness mostly in the armholes, and a bit in the shoulders. The shoulders weren't snug in the medium but the armholes were STILL tight - so based on every other way the jacket fit (because the arm holes would be tight no matter which size I bought) the Small was better for me. Interestingly the second small that I tried on fit a little looser than the first and it has loosened up over time since...
  • drugtestdrugtest Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Speaking of the Lodge outfit... I'm sure the info is already posted someplace here, but has the scarf been identified? And does anyone have a budget alternative suggestion?

I just bought a beige silk scarf from Muji, the Japanese chain, but I would rather buy something that's already a darker brown and not mess with dye, although that's probably easier than I'm fearing.
    the scarf has been identified as Tom Ford cut into lengths. some members have them.