Skyfall Lodge Jacket

Comments

• tvdc51tvdc51 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    tvdc51 wrote:
    ...and before anyone says I don't deserve to have one ... I paid over £500 for mine, the lining shouldn't rip after two weeks of wear, i don't care how many minutes Daniel Craig wore it for.

Why would anybody say you don't deserve to have one?

There's been a few comments like that on this thread - along the lines of 'stop complaining, you should be glad you have one' etc.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Double
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    My jacket is in for alterations as of twenty minutes ago. Slimming the body and arms. Storm flap and excess buttons removal. I was talked into keeping the zipper on, but I'll most likely get that removed eventually. Can't wait to see the results :)

Hi TUK, are Barbour doing this for you?

No, I'm having it done locally. I thought it to risky to have tailoring done by simply supplying measurements to barbour. That and I hear the wait is ridic.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    tvdc51 wrote:
    I don't have the sweating problem. I wonder whether the people that are struggling with this are either a) in much warmer climate than I or b) have taken the 'fitted' them a step too far and are wearing something that is simply too right for them.

I'd be interested to know.

I've experienced the sweating problem and not because of reasons a) and b) of yours.

Jacket is great when using it outside in London, especially the last few weeks of cold we've had here. But once you get on a packed tube for a few minutes, or walk a bit in the tunnels changing platforms...wow your body heat gets trapped and builds up.

Even having the jacket unbuttoned and open didn't allow all the heat to escape. That's when I got the condensation effect.

I was wearing the jacket with a light sweater and it is not fitted.
  • otacon 01otacon 01 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    edited April 2013
    Thomo wrote:
    Bugsy wrote:
    I love mine. I will have the sleeves shortened. Leave the flap. Not wear the hood, and keep the hood zipper. But would wear it if it really poured.

I had the sleeves shortened on mine by Barbour - made a great job, doesn't show at all

Pics? I'm curious about what the forearm patch distance looks like in relation.
    tvdc51 wrote:
    I don't have the sweating problem. I wonder whether the people that are struggling with this are either a) in much warmer climate than I or b) have taken the 'fitted' them a step too far and are wearing something that is simply too right for them.

I live in Michigan, and we've been having some pretty cold weather.

I'm about a 38-9 R and I have a medium. 150lbs, not really on the big side..I actually thought I'd lost some room in my chest, so I'm a little worried what'll happen if I put some muscle on. It's a little tight in the back when I pull my arms forward, which I don't mind much.

edit: I forgot to mention the sleeves. If I'm wearing layers, they get a bit tight, and the lining bunches up and out--it's almost like they put too much in it. My arms aren't big though. I wonder if I had bigger arms if that would somehow make it fit better, actually, because it would force the material to stretch around rather than get pushed out. Maybe.
  • otacon 01otacon 01 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    PS:
    What's the turn around time for replies from Barbour usually like? I've been months, I've tried three different emails, sent multiples in some cases...
    I had some issues with another To Ki To in November or December and they got back to be pretty quickly, so I'm really wondering what the deal is. Maybe they just don't want to talk about the sports jacket anymore :)) (really though, they aren't going to stop doing alterations and stuff on it, are they?)
  • Pitch3110Pitch3110 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Mine has joined me for a trip to Napoli, Pompeii, Herculanium, Sorento and of course Versouvious.
    Very wet here but warm and the jacket has been great with no sweating st all. Serious down pours today and it just keeps the water out so well.

Pitch
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    Cultizm has a small if anyone is still looking for one
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    With the freezing rain we've had the past few days, I've had a good opportunity to wear the Barbour in some pretty crappy weather. It's held up great so far, keeping me very warm and dry. The hood has also been a useful feature. Altogether, it's a very well designed, high quality jacket, and I look forward to wearing it for years to come.
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    With the freezing rain we've had the past few days, I've had a good opportunity to wear the Barbour in some pretty crappy weather. It's held up great so far, keeping me very warm and dry. The hood has also been a useful feature. Altogether, it's a very well designed, high quality jacket, and I look forward to wearing it for years to come.
    Agreed, in the same area, has been wearing it to work I. The past few weeks. In heavy rain and freezing rain, and it held up great.

Now gotta get some dressing to reproof over summer
  • bellebelle Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    I have a tailoring question. For those of you who got you Lodge jacket sleeves adjusted, did your tailor adjust them ad the cuff or shoulder? I ask because I took mine to a tailor and he said the cuff would be better as to not disturb the pit vents.

Also, I've had 3 tailors tell me the jacket can't be let out. Does anyone else have experience with this?
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    belle wrote:
    I have a tailoring question. For those of you who got you Lodge jacket sleeves adjusted, did your tailor adjust them ad the cuff or shoulder? I ask because I took mine to a tailor and he said the cuff would be better as to not disturb the pit vents.

Also, I've had 3 tailors tell me the jacket can't be let out. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Barbour did mine and took it off at the cuff - much nicer fit now
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    belle wrote:

My tailor will do it from the shoulder
  • bellebelle Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    When you had Barbour do your tailoring, did they just shorten the sleeves or did they take in the whole jacket?

Which Barbour shop worked on it?
    Just the sleeves were all I needed. It went back to Barbour HQ in the UK
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Just saw this photo on Mr. Porter. That jacket looks very familiar... http://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue110/2#3
  • Andrew CraigAndrew Craig Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    Just saw this photo on Mr. Porter. That jacket looks very familiar... http://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue110/2#3

Not bad.. seems to have copied the leather cuffs and collar.. Don't like the double zip or belt though
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    the jacket in the photo IS the Barbour tokito and not the one MR. Porter is plugging. Notice how they say the guy teams with "a" waxed jacket and not necessarily the one in the photo. Great marketing as the Private White V.C. really looks nothing like the tokito with the double zip and belt.

On the plus, that pic is a good pic on how to casually wear this on the street!
  • sl007hasl007ha Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    tvdc51 wrote:

I've experienced the sweating problem and not because of reasons a) and b) of yours.

Jacket is great when using it outside in London, especially the last few weeks of cold we've had here. But once you get on a packed tube for a few minutes, or walk a bit in the tunnels changing platforms...wow your body heat gets trapped and builds up.

Even having the jacket unbuttoned and open didn't allow all the heat to escape. That's when I got the condensation effect.

I was wearing the jacket with a light sweater and it is not fitted.

agree!! never have the sweating issue outdoor. but when staying indoor like a packed subway, the interior will ended up wet when I got home
  • arg007arg007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hello everyone, i´m from argentina ( sorry for my english) i´m looking for one of the lodge jackets, i´m guessing size M ( maybe size S if it fits) , my height is 1,82 cm and weight 74kg.
    So please let me know if someone is selling one or knows where there is one.
    thanks!!
    arg007 wrote:
    Hello everyone, i´m from argentina ( sorry for my english) i´m looking for one of the lodge jackets, i´m guessing size M ( maybe size S if it fits) , my height is 1,82 cm and weight 74kg.
    thanks!!
    by the way i just got the quilted version of this jacket in L and its huge on me!
  • sl007hasl007ha Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    arg007 wrote:
    arg007 wrote:
    thanks!!
    by the way i just got the quilted version of this jacket in L and its huge on me!

M should fit you perfectly. I'm about the same hight but weight slightly more and M fits bit tight on me.
    Ok! so i imagine that an S will be too small and the M will fit perfectly tailored! thank you! If someone knows about one on sale please tell me!
    sl007ha wrote:
    arg007 wrote:
    arg007 wrote:
    thanks!!

M should fit you perfectly. I'm about the same hight but weight slightly more and M fits bit tight on me.
  • DILtron3000DILtron3000 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    I just recieved the quilted version from an eBay purchase. It is certainly worth what they are selling for. Very cool and I think I will wear it more than the waxed cotton version I have.
  • u35rm8u35rm8 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Hi, I have a question to those that had their sleeves shortened by Barbour UK, did they shorten it from the cuff or from the shoulder and what was the turn around time? If it was shortened at the cuff, did this mean that there was no gap between the arm patch and cuff? Thanks!
    From the cuff - looks a good job
  • u35rm8u35rm8 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    So was there a gap between the arm patch material and the cuff edge and how long did it take?
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    i had mine taken up in US, two weeks later looks good!
  • bassopotamusbassopotamus Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    just got a barbour tokito from a fellow member here, so I'd figured I'd post some fit pics and my recreation of the bond on set cover which I used my "amazing" photoshop skills to make. haha

I'm about 6'1'', 150 lbs and the medium is the perfect fit.

I have the sweater, henley, and scarf too but decided just to wear a v-neck tee underneath. LOVE this jacket!

018.jpg

020.jpg

024.jpg

and finally the coolest one:

barbour2.jpg

well, there you have it. time to break the bank yet again and get the billy reid now :)
  • klozekloze GreecePosts: 2MI6 Agent
    Dears friends
    I would like to inform you about the existing of 4 skyfall barbour jackets in a retail shop Attica Mall in Athens Greece size M & XL. I bought mine in sale period for 380 euros only for a few days more. The start prize is 549 Euros. If you want informations about the shop please contact me.