"Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Comments

• frostfrost Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    For me personally, fit is everything. For $155, the shirt has to fit like a glove. Need exact measurements.
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 255MI6 Agent
    A little late...

But payment sent!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Don't worry about being late...I believe Hart is is extending this to August 12th for payment...maybe he will have an updated count for us today...
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Payment sent, and thank you gentlemen once again for organising this!
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys, i have been receiving a few requests to extend the deadline,
    and it that is totally fine by me, so i have extended the deadline to 19 August 2013
    Hope that is enough time for all to make your payment...by the 19th August 2013
    Once we see the results on the 19th August we can move forward from there (purchase the material)
    So far as of 8 August 2013 47people - 54 shirts have confirmed

Cheers Guys
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    Some new pics! Including the first sneak peak at the designed and very special label!

ED1.jpg

ED2.jpg

ED3.jpg

ED6.jpg
  • jon couragejon courage Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    Looks great! Payment sent. Quant 1
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Is there a size chart for the shirts?

I'm a 41" chest and a 36" waist.....I assume a size large?
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Sidders wrote:
    Is there a size chart for the shirts?

I'm a 41" chest and a 36" waist.....I assume a size large?

Not yet but a size chart is coming I believe. So I think Hart said in a previous post that you can choose a size now or wait till when the chart is ready.
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Thanks Mantis - figured i had some fun last night with some photos with the toy scorpion
    -{
    The Mantis wrote:
    Some new pics! Including the first sneak peak at the designed and very special label!

ED1.jpg

ED2.jpg

ED3.jpg

ED6.jpg
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,344MI6 Agent
    Guys this is a great project! Am I too late to sign up?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Nope...the perfect time...as long as its before the 19th...
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,344MI6 Agent
    Thanks David, looking forward to your shirt review!

Payment sent.

How is the tally looking?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • TheGrimFandangoTheGrimFandango California, USAPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    Payment sent for 1 shirt, most likely size small (will send followup email if that changes based on the size chart).

Thanks!
  • titou2k4titou2k4 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    hi

can i buy one and how much is it ?

Thanks
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    Looking well guys, only think that's stopped me from putting my money up for it (apart from a lengthy absence from the site) is the weathered look after you wash it...now I think it looks fine the way it is, and what's to say it won't get more faded on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc wash? Not trying to undermine the hard work done by Hart or DZ, but don't want to pay that money for something that would fade easily with every wash.
    scotty8692 wrote:
    Looking well guys, only think that's stopped me from putting my money up for it (apart from a lengthy absence from the site) is the weathered look after you wash it...now I think it looks fine the way it is, and what's to say it won't get more faded on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc wash? Not trying to undermine the hard work done by Hart or DZ, but don't want to pay that money for something that would fade easily with every wash.
    I think it's the reverse, isn't it? The colour is a bit off *until*it's washed, then it gets screen accurate.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    titou2k4 wrote:
    hi

can i buy one and how much is it ?

Thanks

if you read earlier posts in this thread you will find details how to order...
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    Ward wrote:
    scotty8692 wrote:
    I think it's the reverse, isn't it? The colour is a bit off *until*it's washed, then it gets screen accurate.

Fair enough Ward-it looks screen accurate enough to me at the moment-what I'm worried about is if it has the 'ability' to fade after one wash, surely it would fade further after more washes....?
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but washes to fade fabric is usually quite a chemical process and done because it is a desirable effect. Then treated to prevent further rapid fading.

Bottom line, washing your shirt at home is (most likely, i dont know the details) completely different than the washing process these will likely go through. So unless you're going to wash your shirt twice a day everyday for a few months.....

Though I'd let Hart or Mantis be the one to ease this worry, since they have a better idea of the process.
    rebenton wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but washes to fade fabric is usually quite a chemical process and done because it is a desirable effect. Then treated to prevent further rapid fading.

Bottom line, washing your shirt at home is (most likely, i dont know the details) completely different than the washing process these will likely go through. So unless you're going to wash your shirt twice a day everyday for a few months.....

Though I'd let Hart or Mantis be the one to ease this worry, since they have a better idea of the process.

Helped to allay my fears a bit there, Reb. :) Still be happy for Hart or Mantis to chime in on this one, it doesn't sound if I am perhaps, but I am keen on getting my hands on a shirt!
    Yes, it is a chemical/professional wash...not a washing machine wash....
    Basically, what we're going to get - correct me if I'm wrong - is a screen accurate shirt. I have a pretty good "close enough" copy and I have to say I've been getting a lot of wear out of it. It's a cool design.
    Thanks DZ and Ward. I'll get my money sent to Hart soon. Yeah, I have no doubt about that Ward-I've got a floral linen shirt that I've wore under my Levi's jacket and it looked the part, so my jacket will look even better with the 'real' thing under it!
  • Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    What an incredible opportunity. Does the $155 include shipping to anywhere? By the time these are done, I will probably be living in the UK.
    "Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"
    Hart has about 58 orders....far short of the 120 needed...out of hundreds that posted interest there will always be fall off of people but 50% is high. Hart will give a final tally on the final day of payment.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    Will there be an opportunity to double down before the plug is pulled? I know we won't all do it, but some of us could buy multiples up front to ensure the project happens, and then gouge the late-coming feet-draggers who all lost their wallets this month. :p
    We will exhaust all potential solutions. Worked too hard on this to see it fizzle.
  • PmaloyPmaloy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    We will exhaust all potential solutions. Worked too hard on this to see it fizzle.

Nice one
  • quantum1quantum1 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Will there be an opportunity to double down before the plug is pulled? I know we won't all do it, but some of us could buy multiples up front to ensure the project happens, and then gouge the late-coming feet-draggers who all lost their wallets this month. :p
    good idea, I'd be up for a double order to preserve the project