Gunbarrel sequence

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    an extremely nice bloke offered me some tickets to the cast and crew showing, how could i not refuse?

And he even threw in lunch -{ :D
    YNWA 97
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I´m one of those who loves his gunbarrels, and always expect, not because of any reason in particular, but because they´ve always been there, the gunbarrel opening a Bond movie. However, with a Bond like Craig and movies like CR and apparently this one, I couldn´t care less. They just brought the thrill of seeing a Bond movie back for me. It´s thrilling and exciting again. They could have no gunbarrel at all and I would still love Craig´s Bond and the movies.
    scottmu65 wrote:
    On twitter some people who have seen it say its in the middle, others are saying its at the end??

Then some (or others) will be wrong ;)
    YNWA 97
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    People on another Bond forum who have also seen the movie say this:
    I can definitely say: the GB is at the end of the movie.

it's similiar to the one from QOS, but it's a new shot. I think it was very fast, darker and when I remember correctly, Bond puts up his left arm for the shot, like in the TB gunbarrel, I think.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    People on another Bond forum who have also seen the movie say this:
    I can definitely say: the GB is at the end of the movie.

it's similiar to the one from QOS, but it's a new shot. I think it was very fast, darker and when I remember correctly, Bond puts up his left arm for the shot, like in the TB gunbarrel, I think.

If true then it sounds disappointing to me :(
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
    scottmu65 wrote:
    If true then it sounds disappointing to me :(

Why not wait until you have seen the movie before passing judgement on a rumour...?...

Like I said...wherever it is in the movie...there is a real REASON as to why it's there...it will all become clear when you see the movie...
    YNWA 97
    I am still excited to see the movie, i hope they put it back in Bond 24, if they are just planning to leave it at the end then why all the secrecy, if its the new tradition then theyd surely just say so? Anyway i hope its significant placement.
    scottmu65 wrote:
    I am still excited to see the movie, i hope they put it back in Bond 24, if they are just planning to leave it at the end then why all the secrecy, if its the new tradition then theyd surely just say so? Anyway i hope its significant placement.

Like I keep saying....there is a reason as to why the gunbarrel is where it is....watch the movie....all will become clear...
    YNWA 97
    Good good :) it worked for a reason in CR, QOS was supposed to be Bond fully formed, just seems like each Craig film he becomes Bond over and over again for different reasons heh. Cant wait though, havent been this excited for a film in an age
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    scottmu65 wrote:
    just seems like each Craig film he becomes Bond over and over again for different reasons heh.

Yes. Another annoyance.
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I have a feeling about the when and why, blending with other bits and pieces (office door etc)it would make sense .
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I think it blends with the 50 year anniversary logo at the end...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Haha I'm sure you guys are loving this right now! :))

May I ask how you guys were able to already see it this past saterday??

I guess that the consumation of some erm... mushrooms made that possible :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    scottmu65 wrote:

Like I keep saying....there is a reason as to why the gunbarrel is where it is....watch the movie....all will become clear...

But is the reason good enough for its absence at the beginning?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

I sincerely doubt it, but I'm going to wait until I've seen the movie before commenting any more on this.
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I sincerely doubt it, but I'm going to wait until I've seen the movie before commenting any more on this.

Yes it is...

And you need to issue an apology to me, Fitzochris.
    YNWA 97
    Fitzochris wrote:

Trash reporting from someone that hasn't seen the movie 8-) 8-)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    And you need to issue an apology to me, Fitzochris.

Okay. I apologise to both you and Minigeff for the offensive language directed your way. However, I do not apologise for the vociferous way I defended my posts against a perceived criticism.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

Fair enough, but the views of the author and the subsequent comments below his blog are interesting nevertheless – which is all I claimed.
  • HMSS WeblogHMSS Weblog Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

It was verified with somebody who saw the movie.
    Looks like Sir Miles now owes someone an apology :D
  • HMSS WeblogHMSS Weblog Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:

Some people like to claim nobody cares about the gunbarrel logo. That post is one of the most read in the history of the blog.
    Fitzochris wrote:

Some people like to claim nobody cares about the gunbarrel logo. That post is one of the most read in the history of the blog.

I'm with you, my friend. I place utmost importance on the gunbarrel being at the start of a Bond movie.

I've been ridiculed for suggesting the movie will be slightly tarnished should it not be there.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:

It was verified with somebody who saw the movie.

I saw the movie last week...I'm referring to YOUR report being trash reporting....
    YNWA 97
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:

Thanks for that. Good article, particularly ...
    For other fans, though, it’s the end of something. The classic gunbarrel used to be a little distinctive touch about the 007 films. At least it used to be.

I agree with that entirely.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    Fitzochris wrote:

If I did owe an apology...I would be man enough to do so without resorting to name calling and threatening people....and then offer an apology without conditions...unlike some I could mention Mr Fitzochris....
    YNWA 97
    Fitzochris wrote:

Which proves nothing other than people don't read your blogs very much.

Watch the film...it will be obvious as to why its where it is...then you may feel a little foolish as to why you kept complaining...
    YNWA 97
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    wow, a whole article dedicated to the positioning of a gunbarrel sequence on a blog i'd never heard of 8-)

bet the conversation is really stimulating in your household.

apology accepted by the way fitzo, feel free to defend your unfounded and unbased biased blinkered views by all means.

as for this continued blind opinion you've got, you've already stated that;
    Fitzochris wrote:
    ...I'm going to wait until I've seen the movie before commenting any more on this.

so could you practice what you preech and stay quiet until you've seen the film.

then you can potter back on hear and show us all how to eat some humble pie -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:
    I place utmost importance on the gunbarrel being at the start of a Bond movie.

I've been ridiculed for suggesting the movie will be slightly tarnished should it not be there.

So it appears & that is why we all discuss things in this forum - but this doesn't mean that you have to resort to a level of childish behaviour / swearing does it?! Like most of us, why not wait until you see the film and then see whether it is in the right or wrong place ... irrespective of pre-conceived notions or thoughts?