Gunbarrel sequence

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    wow, a whole article dedicated to the positioning of a gunbarrel sequence on a blog i'd never heard of 8-)

bet the conversation is really stimulating in your household.

apology accepted by the way fitzo, feel free to defend your unfounded and unbased biased blinkered views by all means.

as for this continued blind opinion you've got, you've already stated that;
    Fitzochris wrote:
    ...I'm going to wait until I've seen the movie before commenting any more on this.

so could you practice what you preech and stay quiet until you've seen the film.

then you can potter back on hear and show us all how to eat some humble pie -{

IMO, the best place to position a gun barrel is point blank with a nicely padded pilow :D
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I was always more annoyed by David Arnold's messing up of the Bond theme arrangement over the TND & TWINE gunbarrels. Same goes for Marvin Hamlisch & Michael Kamen. At least the much maligned Eric Serra put in the opening fanfare over his.

I've no idea how SKYFALL ends, but how would I like it to end? Have M tell Bond his next mission is to investigate the mysterious death of operative Strangways in Jamaica. Bond leaves the office with a quip. Fade to black, then hear the sci-fi blips & beeps of the DR. NO opening. Craig walks into the gunbarrel & 'BANG!' have it all play out to the original John Barry James Bond theme arrangement. Then have imagery from all previous films playing over the end titles, a bit like the OHMSS credits sequence. Everything comes full circle & it's a more than fitting tribute to the series & Mr. Barry himself. Some may find that cheesy & redundant but it'd please me.
  • HMSS WeblogHMSS Weblog Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Trash reporting from someone that hasn't seen the movie 8-) 8-)

It was verified with somebody who saw the movie.

I saw the movie last week...I'm referring to YOUR report being trash reporting....

It wasn't trash reporting, Sir Miles. You weren't the person who verified.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    wow, a whole article dedicated to the positioning of a gunbarrel sequence on a blog i'd never heard of 8-)

apology accepted by the way fitzo, feel free to defend your unfounded and unbased biased blinkered views by all means.

Fitzochris wrote:
    ...I'm going to wait until I've seen the movie before commenting any more on this.

so could you practice what you preech and stay quiet until you've seen the film.

I'll tell you this, Geff. If the gunbarrel works in Skyfall I will honestly come back on here and say so. I will also admit I was wrong to kick up such a fuss.

Again, though, to call my views unfounded and biased is not on. My views are based on the gunbarrel not being at the start of the movie, which you, Miles High and a million other people have confirmed.

I am against the gunbarrel not being at the start of Skyfall or any Bond movie (with the exception of CR as it is an origin story). Those are my views. Like them or don't.

Now, if, by some miracle, I see the film and I'm convinced I'm wrong, I assure you, I'll be on here to profess it.

But trashing some poor guy's blog because he is of the same opinion of me and many others is out of order.

Maybe people object that I express myself using profanity but the subtler ways of doing people down, which are employed by certain people on here, are just as bad.

Now, I'll do as you say. No more comment on this until I've seen the bloody film in two days' time.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

It was verified with somebody who saw the movie.

I saw the movie last week...I'm referring to YOUR report being trash reporting....

It wasn't trash reporting, Sir Miles. You weren't the person who verified.

Was you?

I know for a fact that what Sir Miles is saying is true. Is the gunbarrel at the start, at the end, or in the middle? Maybe it's at the end of the PTS, maybe it's right at the start, maybe it's after the final credits have rolled, or maybe it's not even used at all?

Unless you're in the press, been to the C&C showing, or were at the royal premiere last night, you won't know the answer, so if you don't know, just be patient, wait and see what you think after you've seen it.

Either way, SF is a GREAT bond film. If not the best, it's certainly up in the top 3 for me.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Fitzochris wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Fitzochris wrote:

I'll tell you this, Geff. If the gunbarrel works in Skyfall I will honestly come back on here and say so. I will also admit I was wrong to kick up such a fuss.

Again, though, to call my views unfounded and biased is not on. My views are based on the gunbarrel not being at the start of the movie, which you, Miles High and a million other people have confirmed.

I am against the gunbarrel not being at the start of Skyfall or any Bond movie (with the exception of CR as it is an origin story). Those are my views. Like them or don't.

Now, if, by some miracle, I see the film and I'm convinced I'm wrong, I assure you, I'll be on here to profess it.

But trashing some poor guy's blog because he is of the same opinion of me and many others is out of order.

Maybe people object that I express myself using profanity but the subtler ways of doing people down, which are employed by certain people on here, are just as bad.

Now, I'll do as you say. No more comment on this until I've seen the bloody film in two days' time.

I've not confirmed where or if the gunbarrel is used.

I also didn't say the blog was crap etc, I just said I hadn't heard of it.

You're views are seeming to blinkered as you are so stuck in your ways on your opinion. Previously there's been no consideration or if and maybes, it's simply 'if its not at the start ill be really annoyed' etc.

It really shouldn't make much difference. It's where it is, like sir miles has said repeatedly, for a reason.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    So, if the above is genuine, it would appear artistic reasons are to blame for the gunbarrel being at the end. Hmmmm...

Yeah, yeah, I know... I'll wait, I'll wait... shutting up now...

Post edited to remove spolier content X-(

*Please use the 'spoiler tags' that AJB has - ie. it blocks out the spoiler and has to be highlighted to be read.
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Whilst potentially ruining it for those of us who are waiting to see the film. Way to go ... :(
    Ens007 wrote:
    Whilst potentially ruining it for those of us who are waiting to see the film. Way to go ... :(

My word, you're late to this party. I think the placement of the gunbarrel has been a poorly kept secret since about page 2.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Has anyone seen this one yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4IFh_1UYs

Just like the guy I quoted the other day on the other forum claimed about the "left arm being tilted much like the TB gunbarrel" and "it being at the end of the movie." I am pretty much guessing that it is indeed at the end of the movie, and that "reason to why it's there" is to let it blend into the 50 year anniversary logo.

For those who don't know what I am reffering to, I'm reffering to this logo:

http://www.google.nl/imgres?num=10&hl=nl&authuser=0&biw=1440&bih=809&tbm=isch&tbnid=ak60U4PppoT6cM:&imgrefurl=http://www.007.com/celebrate-the-50th-anniversary-of-james-bond/&docid=XRWsE4iJP_1HcM&imgurl=http://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/BOND-Post-Images-BDAY.jpg%253F84cd58&w=650&h=424&ei=QvKHUPz2POHT0QWszYDYBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=329&sig=112831722266274710779&page=1&tbnh=134&tbnw=203&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:69&tx=88&ty=53

Of course both of the members on this forum who already saw the movie won't give a clear confirmation weather or not my speculation is true, but we'll just have to wait and see, I'm really thinking this is the whole awnser behind it though... :)
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Ens007 wrote:

My word, you're late to this party. I think the placement of the gunbarrel has been a poorly kept secret since about page 2.

And your point is??! Do you want meat & veg to go with the chip on your shoulder?

Yes I'm well aware of the discussion regarding the placement of the gunbarrel, but having seen RECENT posts from those who've seen the film, it has been clearly spelt out that we should wait to see it in the context of the film. Therefore was it really necessary to post such a potential spoiler - without warning - so as to probably give the game away??
    Ens007 wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Ens007 wrote:

And your point is??! Do you want meat & veg to go with the chip on your shoulder?

Yes I'm well aware of the discussion regarding the placement of the gunbarrel, but having seen RECENT posts from those who've seen the film, it has been clearly spelt out that we should wait to see it in the context of the film. Therefore was it really necessary to post such a potential spoiler - without warning - so as to probably give the game away??

Eh? What I posted is no different from the chap who's posted about gunbarrels merging with logos. Or Miles saying the gunbarrel is where it is for a reason.

This thread has made it clear, wherever the gunbarrel is, it aint at the start.

Easy to make me the villain of the piece, though, to keep in favour with the clique.

No chip on my shoulder fellah. I just say it how it is.
    To keep in favour with the clique?! ... Do me a favour 8-).

On that note I'll dip out of this thread, as it's clear we view things very differently - for whatever reason.
    Ens007 wrote:
    To keep in favour with the clique?! ... Do me a favour 8-).

On that note I'll dip out of this thread, as it's clear we view things very differently - for whatever reason.

Okay. Here's the first line of my offending post:

Quote taken from the MI6 forum, from a poster who was at the Premier and asked Sam Mendes about the gunbarrel.

Now, at that point, if I didn't want to know any more about the gunbarrel, I would have said to myself: "Sam Mendes has been asked about the gunbarrel placement? He might just divulge something here..." and I would read no further.

But let's rewind even further. If I REALLY didn't want to know any more about the gunbarrel's placement, I would avoid a thread entitled 'Gunbarrel' altogether.

In fact, if I was planning on seeing a movie or reading a book, and fully intended on seeing or reading them knowing nothing about them, I would avoid forums dedicated to discussing them altogether.

But hey, that's just me.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    I was always more annoyed by David Arnold's messing up of the Bond theme arrangement over the TND & TWINE gunbarrels. Same goes for Marvin Hamlisch & Michael Kamen. At least the much maligned Eric Serra put in the opening fanfare over his.
    That's funny, changing the fanfare slightly is something I expect by now, and when it doesn't get changed too much it's a tiny little pleasant surprise. So far, my biggest problem with the gunbarrel has been that CGI bullet emerging from it in DAD, but then, I feel now like since we've moved into the 21st century, all bets are off. I have my 20th century classics, on to the new stuff. :)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    This tread is another GREAT example why I keep most of my opinions to myself instead of posting them on this forum....
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    At Times I feel this thread is the Forums equivalent of "Self-Harming " :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    At Times I feel this thread is the Forums equivalent of "Self-Harming " :D

:))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,570Chief of Staff
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Eh? What I posted is no different from the chap who's posted about gunbarrels merging with logos. Or Miles saying the gunbarrel is where it is for a reason.

What you posted is CLEARLY different from what I and others have posted....I haven't confirmed anything and the other post you reference was conjecture....so don't play the innocent with me !!

And I will add that that is a lovely double-bluff from Sam Mendes too :))
    Fitzochris wrote:

Christ...if that's you 'not commenting' on the subject for two days....I'd hate to be around when you DO comment on something 8-)
    Fitzochris wrote:

I would love to believe this....but you have dug a hole SO deep for yourself you cannot see the light....there is NO WAY you will admit you are wrong now....
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    8-) oh my god, it's a f@cking gunbarrel sequence!
    Before you moan, watch the movie and if you don't like it, deal with it or dry your wet pants here but I can't see much sense what you are doing in a spoiler-free thread.

And I always thought, that I am the troublemaker here 8-)

DAF and DAD both had a gunbarrel sequence and both movies sucked in the opinion of most fans, so what does the presence of the mentioned sequence say about the quality of a Bond movie?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    8-) oh my god, it's a f@cking gunbarrel sequence!
    Before you moan, watch the movie and if you don't like it, deal with it or dry your wet pants here but I can't see much sense what you are doing in a spoiler-free thread.

And I always thought, that I am the troublemaker here 8-)

DAF and DAD both had a gunbarrel sequence and both movies sucked in the opinion of most fans, so what does the presence of the mentioned sequence say about the quality of a Bond movie?

Top marks mate.

I'm cashing in my chips on this one, its clear that whatever anyone says, even though they've SEEN THE FILM and others haven't, they're still 'wrong'.

Fitzochris, give yourself a pat on the arse for being a blinkered troll with little disregard for other members.

Toodles,

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Too many arguments in this thread. There's enough of that in real life. But within a bond forum? Just further elaborates how dark life really is... :#
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    minigeff wrote:

Top marks mate.

I'm cashing in my chips on this one, its clear that whatever anyone says, even though they've SEEN THE FILM and others haven't, they're still 'wrong'.

Fitzochris, give yourself a pat on the arse for being a blinkered troll with little disregard for other members.

Toodles,

MG -{

8-)
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Too many arguments in this thread. There's enough of that in real life. But within a bond forum? Just further elaborates how dark life really is... :#

on the contrary...it's great we can 'discuss' the minutae of the Bond films to this extent...in the end, nobody gets hurt right?

on a side note, Timothy Dalton's gunbarrel so far has been the best...
    Halcon wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

on the contrary...it's great we can 'discuss' the minutae of the Bond films to this extent...in the end, nobody gets hurt right?

Well yes I agree, arguing is all good, shows diversity. It's just that sometimes people appear to get angry and things can get out of hand, that's all what I meant. But then again it's hard to tell over the internet afterall
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Halcon wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

on a side note, Timothy Dalton's gunbarrel so far has been the best...

I agree. I think TLD was the last truly genuine gunbarrel sequence, meaning one that was classic, started the movie and had a cracking John Barry score.

LTK was ruined by a bad fanfare.

GE wasn't bad, just a bit electro.

TND and TWINE were spoiled by bad fanfares.

DAD had a hint of getting the fanfare right but then threw in the CGI bullet.

CR was a unique experiment to complement an origin story.

QoS was horrendous. Tacked on at the end, too fast and forgettable.

SF... We'll see.
    Regarding gunbarrels, I for one miss the hat lol. It was a nice little touch for me

• DCFANDCFAN Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Halcon wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Well yes I agree, arguing is all good, shows diversity. It's just that sometimes people appear to get angry and things can get out of hand, that's all what I meant. But then again it's hard to tell over the internet afterall

Depends on your definition of nobody, 05 left a nasty smell and the stench still rises on occasion when cyber bullies bludgeon sites with their myopic POV. There is nothing wrong with debate if respect for others is shown.

I find it rather sad and ironic that a fanbase that purports to admire and insist on retaining certain traits that define Bond only lower his stock and make us look like a bunch of losers with our petty squabbles.
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    SPOILERS!: The gunbarrel question officially answered in this interview with Babs and Mikey G:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2012/10/24/the-heyuguys-interview-skyfall-michael-g-wilson-barbara-broccolli/

Here's the section of the interview concerning the barrel:
    The gun barrel is at the end of the movie again. Is that the way it’s going to be from now on?

BARBARA: It will vary from film to film. In this film there wasn’t really a place to put it at the beginning. I know that sounds kind of funny, but we looked at putting it at the beginning and we discussed it with Sam, and we just felt it was better suited for this particular film at the end. We also thought it would be a nice way to mark the fiftieth anniversary, by having our 50th anniversary logo up there, just to mark this extraordinary event of fifty years.

So it’s not necessarily going to be at the end in all future Bond films?

BARBARA: No.

In the past an actor would shoot the gun barrel sequence and it would be reused three or four times, but it’s been redone again for this film after Quantum Of Solace. Why is that?

BARBARA: It’s fun to do! We decided we wanted to do it again, Daniel wanted to do it and we all thought it was a good idea.
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:
    LTK was ruined by a bad fanfare.
    Disagree
    GE wasn't bad, just a bit electro.
    It was fine IMO
    TND and TWINE were spoiled by bad fanfares.
    Again, disagree.
    DAD had a hint of getting the fanfare right but then threw in the CGI bullet.
    I didn't care; the movie sucked.
    CR was a unique experiment to complement an origin story.
    It worked well, I thought.
    QoS was horrendous. Tacked on at the end, too fast and forgettable.
    By this point, I was like, whatever, it's a new Bond for the 21st- do what you will. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS