Bond fitness thread

Comments

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    For those who think DC wasn't at his fittest in SP I think the first picture didn't help him, even though we all look like that having a good chuckle. But seriously I think the longer hair he had in SP softened his face compared to the close cut in SF which better outlined his angular features, also the stubble further highlighted his jawline. Regardless of his fitness levels between each film a haircut can make a big difference.
    untitled.jpg

dc3.jpg

The difference is not his haircut. He had lots of fillers injected into his skin for SP - they did not do the same for Skyfall as he was meant to look more rough and gaunt. Note how his face is suspiciously line free and plumper - he has had botox and fillers no doubt about it.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    You really think it's botox? To my eye it just looks like more puff from being slightly less cut, combined with a lot of make-up. It looks like whoever did his face up was trying to make him look younger. But I'm not that familiar with what a botox-treated face would look like.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    You really think it's botox? To my eye it just looks like more puff from being slightly less cut, combined with a lot of make-up. It looks like whoever did his face up was trying to make him look younger. But I'm not that familiar with what a botox-treated face would look like.

Botox just smooths wrinkles by freezing the face but fillers puff the face out by adding hydration - he has had fillers put into his cheeks etc which is why his face is less defined but younger looking. We lose fat and volume in our faces as we get older.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    sunny01 wrote:
    For those who think DC wasn't at his fittest in SP I think the first picture didn't help him, even though we all look like that having a good chuckle. But seriously I think the longer hair he had in SP softened his face compared to the close cut in SF which better outlined his angular features, also the stubble further highlighted his jawline. Regardless of his fitness levels between each film a haircut can make a big difference.
    untitled.jpg

dc3.jpg

The difference is not his haircut. He had lots of fillers injected into his skin for SP - they did not do the same for Skyfall as he was meant to look more rough and gaunt. Note how his face is suspiciously line free and plumper - he has had botox and fillers no doubt about it.
    I suspected this as well. Its a bit funny considering a major part of SF revolved around acceptance of Bond's age. Is this the first Bond film where Craig had botox/fillers? Regardless it kinda backfired since it just makes him look look puffier and odd on screen and off like most people who have botox and fillers.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind having as puffy and odd-looking a face and body as Daniel Craig.... :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    JMac88 wrote:

Botox just smooths wrinkles by freezing the face but fillers puff the face out by adding hydration - he has had fillers put into his cheeks etc which is why his face is less defined but younger looking. We lose fat and volume in our faces as we get older.

Interesting stuff. I am going to wildly speculate based on nothing: I wonder if this may be one of the (many) reasons he's getting rather tired of the role? They may be pressuring him to look a certain way and it's just exhausting. He's always struck me as someone who strives to be as genuine as possible, at least within the context of being a big-time actor.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Hate to be controversial here but I just don't buy it! In the photos in post 304 he looks older in the SP announcement photo than in the SF photo, just look at his eyes and all the same facial lines are there, he just looks overly covered in make up in the SP announcement.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think Craig looked a little strange in these beach shots as well....

image.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Here, maybe this will make everybody feel more normal :007)
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    still in great shape! These pics are 8 years old though I think.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Here, maybe this will make everybody feel more normal :007)
    (2006)
    image.jpg

image.jpg

So are you saying I can have a body like Bond if I eat large packets of Lays Barbecue chips? Well I'm well on my way then!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I officially feel old.

Woke up with my ankle (or achilles - cant tell at this stage which part) absolutley killing. Can hardly walk to the kitchen to get ice.

I stumbled off my footpath yesterday onto uneven ground - thats all I can think of and didnt even think much of it as never fell over or anything (was not drunk either before anybody asks!!)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Even in OHMSS Bond claims his knees are his achilles heel. :D ( althought that was about skiing )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    No time for jokes Pussy. I had to send my butler to fetch me an ice pack! :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It can easily happen, listening to the radio this morning ( as it was about sport, I didn't give it
    much attention ) But apparently some footballer put his back out picking his kid out of the
    Bath ! ........ so be careful out there. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Number one reported cause of a tweaked or pulled back in 2015 was....lifting a window open. I kid you not.
  • smirkingrevengesmirkingrevenge Posts: 150MI6 Agent
    I have a heel issue as well. I'm not sure what the muscle is called but it runs from your heel, along the bottom of your foot and connects to your toes. Anyway, after any high impact training, its painful to stand on until my feet have warmed up for the day. So it'll hurt first thing and by lunch it is usually ok. I should probably get some gel for it. It's pretty bad. Thanks for the picture of DC on the beach looking normal, although there is nothing normal about Rachel Weitz. So if i was him, i'd look after myself better. Gotta keep up the stamina! :))
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    I have a heel issue as well. I'm not sure what the muscle is called but it runs from your heel, along the bottom of your foot and connects to your toes. Anyway, after any high impact training, its painful to stand on until my feet have warmed up for the day. So it'll hurt first thing and by lunch it is usually ok. I should probably get some gel for it. It's pretty bad. Thanks for the picture of DC on the beach looking normal, although there is nothing normal about Rachel Weitz. So if i was him, i'd look after myself better. Gotta keep up the stamina! :))

I had something very similar called Plantar Fascitis (spelling!) - bloody hell did it hurt! Did a load of research & found an insole for my shoes called Orthosole. Didn't work wonders overnight, but after a short while I certainly felt the benefits from using them. If you're in the UK, Blacks stock them. Not cheap, but might be worth a quick look? Hope that's of some use & best of luck.
    Man I am in agony. I think it's the medial ligament after a quick google.
  • IA-SteveBIA-SteveB IowaPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    Tennis elbow is currently my ailment. It is horrible to have because it impedes everything I do on a daily basis. Quite maddening.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    IA-SteveB wrote:
    Tennis elbow is currently my ailment. It is horrible to have because it impedes everything I do on a daily basis. Quite maddening.

I know the feeling :# Got a tennis elbow from playing baseball a few years ago. Started wearing an elbow strap and it worked wonders.

psb-armbrace-detail-2.jpg?sfvrsn=6
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I will have to pick one of those up. I am guessing by the placement that it is designed to just stabilize the tendons? Thanks for the suggestion.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    It work by applying counter-force to your forearm muscles. A detailed study can be found here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=The+immediate+effect+of+orthotic+management+on+grip+strength+of+patients+with+lateral+epicondylosis
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    That's interesting, I've been suffering with tennis elbow for about 3 weeks now, I'm still doing my weights (it's a struggle) hoping it just disappears.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    When my elbow starts acting up, I find a TENS Unit to the tricep and then forearm does wonders. If I don't have my TENS Unit available, a tennis ball under the tricep helps quite a bit.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    That's interesting, I've been suffering with tennis elbow for about 3 weeks now, I'm still doing my weights (it's a struggle) hoping it just disappears.

It is no fun. I made the mistake of using a Babolat racquet with polyester strings without realizing I was going to destroy my arm. I switched to my old racquet and comfort strings.

Anyway, I have been alternating heat and ice and will continue that for as long as I need to I guess. I saw a place online that sells a freeze wrap and inferno wrap that claim to heal it quickly but I can't justify the $200 for that kit. http://www.aidmytenniselbow.com/epicondylitis/ice-vs-heat-for-epicondylitis.php

So I sit here with a heating pad velcro'd around my elbow for a while and an ice pad velcro'd around it immediately after playing for as long as I can stand it.

I am still doing weights too but trying to avoid movements that will obviously cause pain. I just can't stop that part of my life.
    Yeah I'm doing the hot cold therapy and using an ibuprofen gel in the morning as I have a physical job. Im used to getting knocks having played rugby, but this elbow is the pits, for the first time ever while lifting weights my left feels stronger!
    Had my ankle X-rayed yesterday, no breaks / fractures however still cant walk on it.

Sat watching the rugby with a bag of frozen peas on my foot :))

Frustrating to say the least
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Had my ankle X-rayed yesterday, no breaks / fractures however still cant walk on it.

Sat watching the rugby with a bag of frozen peas on my foot :))

Frustrating to say the least

I know how you feel mate, I did a 1 hour Parkour session with Sebastein Foucan and upset an old back injury!
    Now I've got a herniated disc and I'm on Naproxen, Codeine and Diazepam!! So you could say I'm very relaxed and chilled out about it!!
    Last rat standing.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    I've started logging my fitness journey on

I'll be updating it regularly.
    Yes. Considerably!
    Cool. Will take a look! I need more inspiration before my Nov hols!