Bond fitness thread

Comments

• 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    For those of you who don't know who Dave Asprey is, I recommend you check him out (especially for you coffee connoisseurs). Been doing bulletproof intermittent fasting for several months now and for me there is no alternative.
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Have been trying to learn about the IF system and planning to start a couple of months trial this week.
    Question for you guys that are familiar with the 16/8 version, can you confirm my understanding that while skipping a traditional 8.00 am breakfast and exercising in the morning it is still ok to have coffee without sugar in the morning ?
    As far as I could u/tand that is not cheating but allowed - as well as a cup of tea is.
    Then would go straight to have my proper meal at lunch time as the first one.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Bye
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    coffee is fine....would be better to skip the sugar tho
    Yes David - Coffee or tea w/out sugar since hard for me to skip it completely either with the family before taking the kids to school or even worse in the office by 09.30 .... rssssss
    Thanks
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Try it black with MCT oil or coconut oil ... very nice ;)
    Thanks but ... what about calories ...?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Interesting reading the diff variations if the IF diet.

How healthy are you guys eating in the 8 hour window?? I notice some books say eat what you want, how much you want that does not seem right to me. I guess the IF advice on Bodybuilding type forums prob have mor win depth info with regards to muscle etc

I presume you are eating as healthy as poss in the 8 hour window but not starving yourself and getting the appropriate amount of calories.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I am eating very healthy in that time...occasional bad meal in the eight hours but most days are good proteins, lots of veggies, organic etc...
    The Mantis wrote:
    I am eating very healthy in that time...occasional bad meal in the eight hours but most days are good proteins, lots of veggies, organic etc...

Cheers for the info - are you doing this every day (I note in the book you linked to it said something like only having to fast 3 days a week)
    I started doing it only four days a week...now I do it every day. My concentration and energy are MUCH better on the days I do it....
    My gym hours vary so will have to have a good think whats best schedule wise for eating.

Will start tomorrow as I need a kickstart to get into shape for Xmas (will be summer here in the Southern Hemisphere!)
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Saturated fat is the way forward gents, you heard it here first ;) All this low fat diet nonsense has us deficient in testosterone. Up your quality fats and lower your carbs- watch your gut shrink, your muscles and your confidence grow and become more alpha, more BOND

-{
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I also have been doing IF for the last few months and love it, since im trying bulk up I've been having to stuff down over 3,000 calories within the 8 hour window which can be considerably tough. But so far its well worth the struggle.
    Have you guys been working out in fasted state or in the eating window??

Ive been over at lean gains to get some tips (based on the 16/8) and I think the fasting window thats most suitable for me is 8pm until Noon. e.g. Fall asleep full, do most of the fasting whilst sleeping etc I can easily miss breakfast and then carry on my diet as normal at noon, also its within the social hours if I go out for a meal etc hence not likely to break the fasting window
    I use a JAWBONEUP wrist band to track activity and calories and so far I can fit my desired amount in the 8 hour window....takes some planning, but for me that has been half the fun....
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,636Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:
    I use a JAWBONEUP wrist band to track activity and calories and so far I can fit my desired amount in the 8 hour window....takes some planning, but for me that has been half the fun....

That was reviewed on a tv show last night...it got poor marks as its way off on calorie count and energy used...they reviewed two and one was over a third out and it couldn't get wet either....
    YNWA 97
    hmmm, interesting...the calorie count comes from IMS database so its a matter of math and accurately noting inputs. I can also get mine wet...I did compare it to the fitbit and there were plusses and minuses for each...I also like the TEAM aspect of these units.

To me, the unit also acted as a motivator/reminder to be more thoughtful of my activity and diet in general depending on ones goals...
    The Mantis wrote:
    hmmm, interesting...the calorie count comes from IMS database so its a matter of math and accurately noting inputs. I can also get mine wet...I did compare it to the fitbit and there were plusses and minuses for each...I also like the TEAM aspect of these units.

To me, the unit also acted as a motivator/reminder to be more thoughtful of my activity and diet in general depending on ones goals...

They also tested that one too...it got a slightly better rating, but again, way off on actually recording the activity undertaken - but better on the calorie count...the general consensus was that they were good ideas but a long way from being accurate...

Both were tested against (and on) incredibly accurate (and bloody expensive) professional equipment....but if they work for you...happy days -{
    YNWA 97
    It may be more psychological than physical, but so far, happy days....
    The Mantis wrote:
    It may be more psychological than physical, but so far, happy days....

It could be...and they were impressed with them...they just wanted them to be more accurate...whatever works -{
    YNWA 97
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    One of the concerns with inputting calories and measurements of food is that most people grossly underestimate food amounts. If you get a scale and a measuring cup and show people exactly what 4 ounces of meat looks like or 1/4 cup of rice they would be shocked. For example, co-workers of mine who are on diets will often think that they are having a 1/4 or a 1/2 cup of rice with a meal and I can see that it's usually 4 times that amount.

No matter how cheap or expensive the device it's only as good as the information that you put into it.
    This is a serving size for me...am I underestimating?
    boneyard_bistro_barbecue_mega_platter.jpg
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Did you hunt and kill the dinosaur yourself or get it from an organic butcher? :))
    The hunt is the best part!!! :007)
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Wow, that's one big plate of food! Is that a Delirium beer glass in the background?
    Just asking as it's one of my favourites.
    Last rat standing.
    I have no idea. I ripped this from google images.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Flighty wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Wow, that's one big plate of food! Is that a Delirium beer glass in the background?
    Just asking as it's one of my favourites.

Is is indeed a Delirium glass.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    We have all gone a bit quiet on the fitness thread! I myself have hardly gymmed at all this year. Now that spectre has been announced will fans be hitting the gym in 2015? I certainly intend to get my Bond body back in time for the next mission!
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    We have all gone a bit quiet on the fitness thread! I myself have hardly gymmed at all this year. Now that spectre has been announced will fans be hitting the gym in 2015? I certainly intend to get my Bond body back in time for the next mission!

Yes I agree, a few months to hit the gym before the release date
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent

Nothing like a pending Bond to bring about some renewed motivation!

I've trained hard this year, but shoulder injuries have frustrated me quite a bit. I'm hoping that 2015 is pain free & I can get back to somewhere near my PBs.

Best of luck all!