Bond fitness thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I started eating one meal a day consisting of 4 pieces of bacon, 4 slices of cheddar, and one chicken breast over greens with exercise and went from decent (I thought) to almost skyfall shape in 2 months.

Wife is happy of course. Not done yet but pretty happy. Now all my 32 trousers are baggy.
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent

Hi all, apologies for resurrecting an older thread but thought this was the best place to post. A year and a half of lockdown and a more sedentary lifestyle brought on by working from home has seen my weight rise by more than 20 pounds and breaking 13 stone for the first time in my life.

Im aiming to get back down to 160 pounds and have started by purchasing Sean Lerwills excellent excellent Be More Bond which I’m looking forward to starting. Had a bit of a head start with the diet in November rather than waiting for Jan and am already down to 175 pounds from 184.

is anyone else planning on a new fitness regime for 2022? Would be good to keep a track of how everyone is getting on for some added motivation.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Well since this thread has been resurrected here's my weight loss journey.

When lockdown started in 2020 I had already been somewhat dieting, my heaviest I was 250lbs. I had started a diet that consisted of eating 2 parts healthy foods like chicken, steak, veggies and third part rice/bread or any carb I wanted but in smaller amounts. I did that for a few months and dropped 20 pounds or so. After a while I started to drink Slim Fast, Cheesy I know. But I enjoyed the taste of the Carmel Latte shake. I'd eat that with a protein bar then a meal. Finally reached losing 60 pounds in early 2021, but I hit plateau, for all of 2021 I was between 193-196lbs. I was running everyday and lifting some weights and drinking a gallon of water. I then started fasting in August of 2021, I went fully by doing OMAD with a Slim Fast and protein bar before the meal. Sadly I wasn't losing weight. I'd have a cheat day once a week, I'd go up a pound or two then do it again all week and again on the weekend I'd go back up. It was non ending, I realized my mistake, I was still eating a decent amount of carbs in my one meal and sometimes over did it on my cheat day. As of two weeks ago I've started eating a much healthier meal, mainly cooked at home meals. Chicken with veggies and small amount of rice, 90 min of walking and weights 3 times a week, I've gone down to 191 as of today. My goal would be to hit 180-175 as I'm only 5'9, hopefully I can see that by Spring time if I keep this current diet going. Fasting has so many amazing benefits prolongs your life and avoids you from getting cancer and heart disease.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Congrats, Richard!

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Good going Richard!

• BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent

Great work Richard! That’s incredible progress 👍 good luck on your journey.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

More power to your elbow (and knees for squats🤣). Obviously today is quite a Bondian fitness day as the Simon Waterson book is out today.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I'll be curious to read some disinterested reviews of this book. Does it say anything that Waterson didn't say before in his prior books? You can't argue with the man's resume, and I'm glad he's up front about valuing fitness first and how genetics play a huge role in the possible aesthetic results.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

Great stuff Richard!

I started yesterday. Smart Scales / Myfitnesspal app logging food and smart watch when doing exercise. I Like the way how all of them integrate together and remind me how over weight I am on my phone widget :)

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jclemzjclemz Posts: 85MI6 Agent

I bought the kindle version today but actually got it refunded. I was kind of expecting it to be exactly what it is but hoped for more. It’s got sections on specific workouts for a number of actors he’s trained, including Daniel Craig, but most of his section was largely already available via interviews he’s done before etc. it talks about some exercises he did and how many reps, but doesn’t go into how many sets per muscle group, what he trained on what days and more specific details like that. I’m sure some of it is really useful to people just starting out on their fitness journey, but for anyone with good training experience there’s nothing groundbreaking in it unfortunately. A lot of new content is just snap shots of workouts he’s given other actors.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Thanks everyone

• SadanoyamaSadanoyama Posts: 35MI6 Agent

I had a spare Audible credit so I nabbed the Waterson book. It's pretty weak. I'm 1 hour in and he's still regaling us with Hollywood anecdotes and "be the best you" type fluff. I work as an editor and like many books of this genre there's way too much padding. The clang of names dropping is relentless ("When Barbara Broccoli phones you take the call") and there's not enough focus on the reader's fitness needs. To be honest my daydream is not to be a major movie star preparing for a demanding action franchise. I am a simple soul. I just want to be James Bond.

To this end, I thought Sean Lerwill's "Be More Bond" program was pretty good. Basically, 20 quid for a 48 page pdf. Not cheap but straight to the point and based on exercises that require no equipment whatsoever. I've had good results with it. Admittedly it does lack pages of anecdotes about drinking powershakes with Benicio Del Toro et al, but then I'm not really interested in the training programs of the Rich and Famous. I just want to be James Bond.

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

Hi everyone. So here's my pandemic fitness story.

I didn't cope well in the first lockdown (spring 2020). Working from home, cooked breakfasts, drinking midweek, extravagant meals all the time, gyms closed, no exercise. By summer 2020 I had ballooned to 15 stone. Hated myself!

September 2020 - began a training regime of "small portions and loads of exercise", when UK gyms closed again I was walking 11-14 miles most days. Lost 2 stone by Christmas 2020. Feeling happier.

Spring/summer 2021 continued the hard work. Lost another 2 stone by summer 2021, that's a total of 4 stone lost in just 12 months after my gross size. Had to buy new clothes! I am now at about 11 stone, still do circuits every day, cycle, watch what I eat. I am 52yo this week and feel in the best shape of my life!

Pics are from summer 2020 and Christmas 2021.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Bravo!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,118MI6 Agent

Huge congratulations Strangeways! You look fantastic👊

Your first lockdown sounded pretty much like mine. I would do plenty of running and cycling before the pandemic but lost my mojo somewhat throughout 2020/21. All I really did was walking, which I've come to really enjoy and mix it up between long walks and fast walks but I would drink too much during the week and dive into the savoury snacks as an accompaniment.

Really just starting to get it back into my running now but currently struggling with a calf injury (too hard, too soon...) so need to ease back a bit. Looking to drop just over a stone, back to 11 stone over next few months and get back to a more leaner me. Will be nice to comfortably fit back into my 31/32 trousers and just feel healthier.

I've always eaten quite well, as in healthily, but it's the weekends I struggle. I know Simon Waterson 'advises' to be kind to yourself over the weekend, but I treat myself a bit too much between Friday and Sunday!😁 Trying to cut down anyway and have started working out again at home. Hopefully, by summer I'll be back to where I want to be.

Good luck in your continued efforts and likewise anyone else starting on the road to a healthier you💪

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

Thanks for the encouragement Red.

Re: drinking - I used to drink too much (a la Bond?), then I cut back to just weekends. Now I no longer drink on Sundays when I am working. So just two nights per week: Friday and Saturdays. I feel much better for it.

Of course high days and holidays are something else!