Sherlock News

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sherrinford Holmes and Ormond Sacker. AKA Holmes and Watson. :))
    That was Bugging me all day. -{
    Now to hope that comes up in a quiz. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2013/3/20/rts-wins-200313

Sherlock wins two at the RTS Programme Awards 2012
    Sherlock has won two awards from two nominations at The Royal Television Society Programme Awards overnight, at a ceremony held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London. As well as being named Best Drama Series against Call the Midwife and Line of Duty, Steven Moffat also won the Best Writer - Drama award for his work on S2E1: A Scandal in Belgravia.

The RTS judges commented that Sherlock took Best Drama as it was "brilliant, intelligent and different - a masterclass in every aspect of film-making that has truly elevated the genre", while Steven Moffat's writing was "inventive, witty and fizzed along", in a script featuring "gloriously unpredictable and assured storytelling."
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Artist John Pinkerton reveals what other art could have been on the walls of 221B
    in a new section on his website dedicated to Sherlock.

http://www.hangemall.com/projects/sherlock/
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    What a lot of people do not realise is that this is not the first time Holmes was set in modern times,indeed only Basil Rathbones first two films were set in the Victorian era from then on they were set in the then modern times the 1940's.
    Absolutely love all things about Holmes and greatly looking forward to the new series and am hopping Guy Ritchie does a third movie with Bob Downey.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    What a lot of people do not realise is that this is not the first time Holmes was set in modern times,indeed only Basil Rathbones first two films were set in the Victorian era from then on they were set in the then modern times the 1940's.
    Absolutely love all things about Holmes and greatly looking forward to the new series and am hopping Guy Ritchie does a third movie with Bob Downey.

Yes, they really updated Sherlock Holmes into the Second Waorld War with himk chasing Nazis etc. - all very awkward and not what Holmes works best at. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    You're right supperdaddy and infact the writes of Sherlock hold up the
    Basil Rathbone films as what they had in mind for up dating The stories. :D
    http://youtu.be/tderL0tZ2jo

(Reichenbach Remix) Moriarty + Sherlock - ♪ 'SAIL'
    http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Sherlock-star-Benedict-Cumberbatch-films-Bristol/story-18520841-detail/story.html#axzz2OdRvrrRU

Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch films in Bristol,
    THE stars of hit TV show Sherlock braved the cold to film scenes for the much-anticipated new series.

Portland Square was the backdrop last night as Benedict Cumberbatch, in the title role, was filmed in front of what appeared to be a large bonfire for the third installment of the crime drama, which is a modern update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Sherlock-star-Benedict-Cumberbatch-films-Bristol/story-18520841-detail/story.html#ixzz2Ods3Bhmz
    Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook
    From the BBC,
    *NEWS* Amanda Abbington joins the third series of Sherlock in a role that significantly impacts upon the lives of John Watson and Sherlock Holmes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2004506/Amanda-Abbington-loving-life-Martin-Freeman.html

How Tim from The Office found real love: Amanda Abbington on life with Martin Freeman.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff
    Looks like he (and Freeman too) will be very busy men with little time to fit in more "Sherlock"! :#
    Yes, Looks like Hollywood is calling for them Both. Fans of the series
    can only hope they have some affection for the series and will keep
    coming back for more. :))
    http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2013/4/15/empty-hearse-wrap-150413

Sherlock S3E1: The Empty Hearse completes filming -{
    Principal photography has completed on Sherlock S3E1: The Empty Hearse, after four weeks of filming which began on Monday March 18 2013. The episode is written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Jeremy Lovering.

During the past month, the production returned to Cardiff, Newport and Bristol - used in both previous series - to film exterior and interior locations for the episode, as well as making a first trip to Cheltenham for two days of work. Filming culminated with an intensive six day schedule in London, including a return visit to Speedy's Café in North Gower Street to capture scenes around the iconic front door of 221B Baker Street.

Barring any additional pick-up shooting in the future, The Empty Hearse will now enter post-production.

Next on the filming schedule is Sherlock S3E2: The Sign of Three, written by Stephen Thompson and directed by Colm McCarthy, which will begin production soon.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    Plenty in the press the last couple of days...and mainly about Sherlock's 'death'....seems there is an appearance by Derren Brown in the first episode...
    YNWA 97
    In the series Sherlock has used some
    of his techiques. Like his mind palace.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    The cynic in me DOES wonder if the Cumberbatch-Freeman combo hasn't been hastily brought back after the impact of Johnny Lee Miller.

I loved Cumberbatch, expected the US-Miller version to be a cash in, but, wow, Miller is good and banishes Cumberbatch's image in a stroke. Indeed, now I'd lean toward the Miller interpretation of a modern Sherlock :o
    I've only seen the Pilot of Elemantary but really enjoyed it.
    The series IMHO has a very different take on the Holmes
    character. I think there is room for at least two TV shows
    and a series of Films. All brilliant and all very different.
    Sherlock Holmes fans are spoilt for choice. :))
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Well, two out of three aint bad! ;)

The Beeb version has the higher production values, is probably the more original take, though possibly not.

But Miller? Crikey, courage, a different twist, and ultimately a triumph. (I've always had a huge soft-spot for the under-dog)

Now, Miller and Freeman, in London, as a partnership...
    BBC 4 Extra is broadcasting some Proff Challenger stories, another
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle character. To think these stories were written
    before the 1930s, they are amazing ( old si-fi ) stuff. :)
    http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2013/4/22/sign-of-three-begins-filming-22042013

Principal photography has begun today on the second episode of Sherlock Series Three.

Sherlock S3E2: The Sign of Three
    Written by Stephen Thompson, Directed by Colm McCarthy

The episode will film over the next few weeks and will complete shooting next month. Following the wrap on The Sign of Three, a long scheduled break in production will occur to allow cast and crew to fulfil other commitments. Production will then resume later in the summer with the filming of Sherlock S3E3. The final episode in Series Three will be written by Steven Moffat.

As previously noted, this is the first time the episodes in a series of Sherlock are being produced in episode order. Series One saw production begin with S1E3: The Great Game, followed by S1E2: The Blind Banker and S1E1: A Study in Pink, while Series Two commenced with S2E2: The Hounds of Baskerville, then S2E3: The Reichenbach Fall and S2E1: A Scandal in Belgravia.
    Benedict Cumberbatch will be on The Graham Norton Show next Friday. You can apply to be in the audience of the show, which records next Thursday, here: http://bit.ly/13SuIPU just tell them I sent you. :))
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I know quality over quantity and all, but sheesh, they really are pushing it with how few episodes they make. I have been waiting to start watching this show because I can't imagine getting hooked and then running out of episodes to watch so fast.
    I agree there aren't many episodes, but they are
    feature length. So in a way you have six films with
    three more to come.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    ..and they'll be the last. Cumberbatch is done.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:

You sure about that, Asp9mm? Earlier in this thread it was stated that he was going to do a 4th series and maybe a 5th.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

You sure about that, Asp9mm? Earlier in this thread it was stated that he was going to do a 4th series and maybe a 5th.

Pretty sure.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Ok, ta. Pity about that.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

He just recently stated that he would star in the fourth series, but the shows producer said not to take it as an announcement because it is so hard to schedule it as is. But I read that series 3 is rumored to end with a story that would build enthusiasm for a fourth series, if they can make it happen. I'll go back and find the link when I get a chance.
    A lone bell tolls, This is going to take a seven percent solution to get used to this. :#

Sad news, if it pans out. Still we'll have nine great Films. I've watch
    both series many times on DVD. Great acting and direction and in
    several episodes the editing was outstanding.
    I believe it's also a big seller for the BBC in foreign Markets, I'm
    sure they'll be sad to lose it. Time to buy the "Elementary " box set. :))
    The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes makes its world premiere at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) in Portland, Oregon, October 10, 2013.

http://sherlockholmesexhibition.com/