Things I do / do NOT want in Bond 24

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    I agree with my esteemed colleagues above. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    I want Olga Kurlyenko to come back. Nothing brightens a man's day and puts a spring in his step more than a beautiful woman who wears a bright smile and a sunny disposition. The Bond producers should let Olga do what she does for the Bond films. Everybody would be pleased.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a432/Richard--W/Olga-4_zps75a47d25.jpg

*No nude pics please - just link to them if you must* - Sir Miles.
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nice photo but might be a little too strong for AJB.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent

Fully agree ... seems a little like a "schoolboy cheap thrill" to me - even though she's very pleasing on the eye, there's literally hundreds of other photos that could have been used.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,342MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:
    I want Olga Kurlyenko to come back. Nothing brightens a man's day and puts a spring in his step more than a beautiful woman who wears a bright smile and a sunny disposition.

Ha, because that's what she did in QoS... :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:
    I want Olga Kurlyenko to come back.

If we see her like that in Bond24 , I fully support your claim :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

A bit of a warning would have been nice. :#
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • esseUKesseUK EnglandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I just want more bond films, one a year will do :))
    "It's time to get out"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,890MI6 Agent
    Thank you, Richard- W. :)
    :)) At least we now know what the W stands for. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,995Quartermasters
    I'm fully prepared to have minimal introspection on the part of our Beloved Main Protagonist in #24. He should have an adventure where he smiles sardonically, beds a few women and saves the world.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I want a food free auditorium, why do I always get the a hole sitting behind me
    with a family bag of crisps I want to watch it in peace
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,631Chief of Staff

Would that be a breach of the peace? :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    no, but it certainly should be,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

I want a kid free cinema, 6 year olds shouldn't watch Bond movies in cinema on a sold out night. O and when we are at it, no smartphones please!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I try and see a Film during the day ( during school term) as I nearly always,have
    the screen to myself. :D
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    How 'bout no one bringing their infants into the theater?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • When M met QWhen M met Q Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Silence would be golden :x
    I'm doing what all writers do nowadays: I've got a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/danielbrownellwriter
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,338MI6 Agent
    Not Bond too often for me, a few movies a year. Hated it when ITV kept showing them on a weekly basis, sometimes the same film twice a week, awful. X-(

Would like films to be shown on London screens rather than BFI Southbank, which never feels like a cinema. Prince Charles cinema would be ideal, but any movie theatre really.

OHMSS at Xmas, obv.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,631Chief of Staff
    Wrong thread, Nap?
    Oh yeah, sorry, thought this was how do you like your Bond, went by the previous posts. :#

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I would personally like to see a simple - M sends Bond out after the villain/Bond infiltrates then destroys villain and his plans and gets the
    girl in the end plot similar to the first three films, OHMSS, etc.. EON and Craig may aim for that this time, though they will no doubt keep it on a more real keel as they've done with the past three he's put out. They have all the principals at HQ back on board and I think Craig would enjoy doing a straightforward film.

I agree with others that the pre-credits sequence always needs to be something exotic and unusual, though it doesn't need to outdo the last film - just match it in being interesting - and it does not have to relate to the main plot. The sequence in the garden in FRWL may seem tame to modern viewers now, but I still enjoy it. It's low key but suspenseful, so it would nice if they would try and go at the sequence in that vein as opposed to some out of this world stunt. In fact, they could turn the whole series on it's head and leave that kind of stunt at the end of the film for a great finale.

It would be nice to see Bond playing golf again - even if it was just for a brief moment. He could be playing with Tanner (Fleming mentioned he did in the novels) and be interrupted by a call by M. It would also be nice to see him in the new flat he had to find since SF, if only briefly (again, M or Moneypenney or Tanner contacting him while he's there about a mission). After seeing M's flat in SF, I was suprised how much it reminded me of Fleming's description of Bond's flat in the novels (book lined sitting room, etc). I thought it would be fun if the writers had Bond getting M's place because she left no relatives and show him taking out the bulldog figure and placing it on his desk.
    Bond often competes with the villan in some game (golf, poker etc.). But Bond is an expert swimmer/diver and an ex-SBS tropper. Why can't he comepete in diving against the villan, especially if the villan is female? Then there could be some sexual tension, too. This will also give Barb Broccolli an excuse to give Craig a shirtless scene, so she would be all for it! :v
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Well, I know they won't do it (because they're probably going to stay away from Bond's personal life since they were all over it in SF) - but I still would enjoy seeing Bond for a few seconds in his new flat - and it would be M's old flat (they could even show it with some boxes lying about and have Craig on the phone with Moneypenny saying he still wasn't settled in yet). flat.jpg
  • down2000down2000 Santa Monica, CAPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    1. Gun barrel at the start
    2. Mission brief in M's office
    3. M's office as it was at the end of Skyfall
    - This time it isn't personal. Make it a mission!
    - A raid at the end
    - Bond in uniform
    - A blonde main Bond girl
    - Gunbarrel at the begining.
    - More use of the Bond theme
    - Bond diving and/or skiing
    - Bond's morning workout from the books (very fitting after SF)
    - Bond showing his gourmet side.
    - A henchman who is a serial killer psyko like Red Grant in FRWL (novel)

How did I get so damn conservative? :007)
    They do say as you get older you get more right wing and conservative, so you must
    be in you 70's now Number24. :p ;) :))
    Humorous banter between M and Moneypenny. When he upbraids her, Fiennes should adopt his clipped, sinissy German accent from Schindler's List.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    I'd really like for Bond to actually end up with the girl. In the last three films he's had two die and one walk away; it's time to hear "Ohhhh James" again just before the credits roll!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    -{ agreed, we need if not a happy, then a happier ending. :))