Things I do / do NOT want in Bond 24

Comments

• Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Bardem's villain was okay with me. He wasn't a cartoon caricature, thankfully.

The series needs better writing. Writing that is free of personal agendas. Better as in a more positive outlook unburdened by all the angst and misery the series has fallen into. Now that Mendes and Logan have made the ultimate anti-Bond film in SKYFALL I sincerely hope they will make a pro-Bond film in which the character is allowed to things right and be a hero again. But I'm not optimistic.
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:
    Bardem's villain was okay with me. He wasn't a cartoon caricature, thankfully.

The series needs better writing. Writing that is free of personal agendas. Better as in a more positive outlook unburdened by all the angst and misery the series has fallen into. Now that Mendes and Logan have made the ultimate anti-Bond film in SKYFALL I sincerely hope they will make a pro-Bond film in which the character is allowed to things right and be a hero again. But I'm not optimistic.

On the other hand, I AM optimistic that no one at EON will agree with your views regarding Craig. Fortunately for the franchise.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • screenamescreename Posts: 388MI6 Agent
    Come on guys don't get into an argument about it, I could trash Moore just as much. In regard to living in volcanoes, they tried a big maniac villain in DAD, and we all know how that turned out.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    screename wrote:
    they tried a big maniac villain in DAD, and we all know how that turned out.
    I blame that on the car.... :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Richard--W wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Richard--W wrote:

I do NOT want Daniel Craig in Bond 24.

Think you'll still have him for 25 too....I'd go lie down in a darkened room for a few years... ;)

How unfortunate for the franchise.

Sorry to disappoint, but I live in the fresh air under blue skies and green grass and concrete suburbs.

Hiding in darkened rooms is only for the ignorant.

Then take a deep breath of fresh air and get a grip !
    YNWA 97
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Take your own advice.
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
    Richard--W wrote:
    Take your own advice.

I would...but I can't reach your neck from here :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Richard--W wrote:
    Take your own advice.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Good one! :D
    chrisisall wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Richard--W wrote:
    Take your own advice.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Good one! :D

+1 :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) You've changed your scriptwriter. Sir Miles
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) You've changed your scriptwriter. Sir Miles

Nah...I've just let him out of the box for awhile :007)
    YNWA 97
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Richard--W wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Richard--W wrote:

I do NOT want Daniel Craig in Bond 24.

Think you'll still have him for 25 too....I'd go lie down in a darkened room for a few years... ;)

How unfortunate for the franchise.

Sorry to disappoint, but I live in the fresh air under blue skies and green grass and concrete suburbs.

Roughing it, eh?
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Roughing it, eh?
    Maybe it's a survival test. 8-)

Hey, If it's good enough for Batman, It's good enough for Me. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Hey, If it's good enough for Batman, It's good enough for Me. ;)
    Besides, who wants to watch a Bond (or Batman) flick in a brightly lit room???
    An Eloi perhaps. :)) ( Time machine joke ) ;)
    ( Time machine joke ) ;)
    I would have gotten that. -{
  • DelicatessenInSteelDelicatessenInSteel Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited June 2013
    Ok so some folks may hate me for saying this but I do want Daniel Craig to acknowledge past adventures..Goldfinger is clearly acknowledged in Skyfall and there were obvious nods to Man with the Golden Gun & Live & Let die..but I want him to acknowledge Moonraker..Its My Favorite Bond Film....(Yes I Know the hate is coming) but it would be easy without ruining the reality (Of the realistic James Bond Franchise) Either the villain or other looks at his Passport and say "Mr. Bond you are a very well traveled man, it seems the only place you haven't been is outer space" Bond just looks at him, gives him a smile and walks on. Brilliant..and doesn't offend , I don't think all the haters. What do you Guys & Ladies think?
    1.MoonRaker 2.OHMSS 3.LALD 4.OP 5.FYEO 6.DR. NO 7.YOLT 8.LTK 9.CR 10.AVTAK
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Perfectly dreadful.

Oh, sorry, that's a bit harsh, but MR's outer space stuff cannot even be hinted at in Craig's tenure. However, I don't mind other oblique references dealt with in that way, such as Bond's marriage, sort of referenced in TWINE.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I though with the reboot Craig's Bond had No connection
    with the older movies. The DB5 in Skyfall ( also being
    the one from Goldfinger ) IMHO was a cinema nod to the
    Older film, which to be honest doesn't make any sence. other
    than a Homage for the 50th anniversary. :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Agreed, TP, but without beating on about it, Craig really is getting on now so some implication these other films or adventures happened aint so bad imo. With CR and QoS okay no other movies cos they're reboots, for Bond to be looking 50 and only done three adventures, a bit odd.

Could have done a flashback of Craig's 'never filmed' Bond movies in the SF credits however! Sort of like the outtakes in the GF credits, of scenes from FRWL. That would have been hoopy.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    -{ I like the idea of some older missions over the titles.
    But NO remakes, please :#
    Ok so some folks may hate me for saying this but I do want Daniel Craig to acknowledge past adventures..Goldfinger is clearly acknowledged in Skyfall and there were obvious nods to Man with the Golden Gun & Live & Let die..but I want him to acknowledge Moonraker..Its My Favorite Bond Film....(Yes I Know the hate is coming) but it would be easy without ruining the reality (Of the realistic James Bond Franchise) Either the villain or other looks at his Passport and say "Mr. Bond you are a very well traveled man, it seems the only place you haven't been is outer space" Bond just looks at him, gives him a smile and walks on. Brilliant..and doesn't offend , I don't think all the haters. What do you Guys & Ladies think?

No hate, but I'm not a fan of that idea. To me, Craig's Bond is a total start over (the DB5 in Skyfall notwithstanding), and none of the events featured in the other Bond films have occurred. Plus it would be mindnumbingly difficult to make sense of the continuity, and do we really want to go through that headache? No thanks!
  • screenamescreename Posts: 388MI6 Agent
    What I still find astonishing is the amount of people who don't accept that Craig is a reboot!
    screename wrote:
    What I still find astonishing is the amount of people who don't accept that Craig is a reboot!

Yes, it's shocking! Positively shocking! :))
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent

No hate, but I'm not a fan of that idea. To me, Craig's Bond is a total start over (the DB5 in Skyfall notwithstanding), and none of the events featured in the other Bond films have occurred. Plus it would be mindnumbingly difficult to make sense of the continuity, and do we really want to go through that headache? No thanks!

Agreed. but I really like the idea of unseen missions.it could form a PTS of sorts, although I see it as a montage.
    Cue: Team America, Montage vid. :))
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I would like 24 written by Idris Elba.
    Directed by Idris Elba.
    Bonds love interest played by Idris Elba.
    Bond to be played by Dame Judy Dench as a rookie agent.
    zaphod wrote:
    I really like the idea of unseen missions.it could form a PTS of sorts, although I see it as a montage.
    I think it'd be a BOLD move to show Craig in a scene from Moonraker in a PTS but re-done to make it look REAL, not goofy, that somehow ties in with the movie that follows. -{
    superdaddy wrote:
    I would like 24 written by Idris Elba.
    Directed by Idris Elba.
    Bonds love interest played by Idris Elba.
    Bond to be played by Dame Judy Dench as a rookie agent.

Good idea!