Things I do / do NOT want in Bond 24

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    FFS just something new.

I mean, in terms of locations. Whatever you think of SF, Turkey has been done plenty of times, so has places like Shanghai (which is a set piece really in terms of local colour) and I guess Scotland is new but not exotic to us Brits.

Budapest? Barcelona? The Kremilin? Ukraine? Plush Manhattan? Warsaw? Is there a reason why these locations are repeatedly snubbed?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir James MoloneySir James Moloney LondonPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    FFS just something new.

I mean, in terms of locations. Whatever you think of SF, Turkey has been done plenty of times, so has places like Shanghai (which is a set piece really in terms of local colour) and I guess Scotland is new but not exotic to us Brits.

Budapest? Barcelona? The Kremilin? Ukraine? Plush Manhattan? Warsaw? Is there a reason why these locations are repeatedly snubbed?

They would be great. I guess that's why Australia crops up so much in these discussions too - somewhere Bond's never been to (except in one of the Benson stories I think? But I haven't read it). Fingers crossed!
    1- CR. 2- OHMSS. 3- FRWL. 4- GF. 5- DN. 6- TLD. 7- SF. 8- TSWLM. 9- GE. 10- LTK.
    11- TB. 12- OP. 13- LALD. 14- TMWTGG. 15- FYEO. 16- YOLT. 17- TND. 18- QoS.
    19- TWINE. 20- AVTAK. 21- MR. 22- DAF. 23- DAD.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Japan again.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013

Yes! I would love to see Bond in Japan. And I would like it if Bond stayed in one or two countries during the entire movie. Let Bond have a mission that starts off in Italy for the first 40 minutes of the movie and takes him to Japan for the last part of the film. I have seen enough airports and hotel rooms in Bond movies for the rest of my life. I would really like to see Bond built a relationship with an ally like Kerim, Quarrel or Tanaka during a mission abroad. The training with Quarrel in LALD and DN at Beau Dessert was never used in the movies. I´m not saying Bond 24 needs a Rocky III training sequence, but seeing Bond prepare for a mission in a remote place with a local would be very ´Fleming.´

One of the few Fleming novels that has not been used as a main story line is YOLT. Movie Bond has never had his revenge on Blofeld like 007 did in the novel YOLT.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:

Yes! I would love to see Bond in Japan. And I would like it if Bond stayed in one or two countries during the entire movie. Let Bond have a mission that starts off in Italy for the first 40 minutes of the movie and takes him to Japan for the last part of the film. I have seen enough airports and hotel rooms in Bond movies for the rest of my life. I would really like to see Bond built a relationship with an ally like Kerim, Quarrel or Tanaka during a mission abroad. The training with Quarrel in LALD and DN at Beau Dessert was never used in the movies. I´m not saying Bond 24 needs a Rocky III training sequence, but seeing Bond prepare for a mission in a remote place with a local would be very ´Fleming.´

One of the few Fleming novels that has not been used as a main story line is YOLT. Movie Bond has never had his revenge on Blofeld like 007 did in the novel YOLT.

I think we're unlikely to see Blofeld again for the time being but there are still bits and pieces from the novel that could be used. Shatterhand would be a great title for a Bond film. Your idea about having Bond spend a bit of time in one or two places is really good - he does sometimes seem to travel around a bit too much during each movie.
    1- CR. 2- OHMSS. 3- FRWL. 4- GF. 5- DN. 6- TLD. 7- SF. 8- TSWLM. 9- GE. 10- LTK.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I dont want to see loads of expensive/unobtainable clothes that
    we cant find :v X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent

The problem is the stuff you can afford is already off the shelves by the time the movie comes out.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    About the only bit of Bond clothing I could afford
    was his Blue shirt ( TND) from C&A, Which as soon
    as I started wearing it, Closed down. ( Don't know if
    there's a connection ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:

The problem is the stuff you can afford is already off the shelves by the time the movie comes out.

exactley :(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • bailorgbailorg Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I want a villain who is neither a European fop (to be clear I'm not talking about Silva here) nor motivated by deep-seated psychological issues.
    (1) TLD (2) FRWL (3) LTK (4) CR (5) QoS (6) FYEO (7)OHMSS (8) DN (9) GF (10) TSWLM (11) TND (12) GE (13) SF (14) LALD (15) TWINE (16) AVTAK (17) DAF (18) OP (19) TMWTGG (20) DAD (21) MR (22) YOLT (23) TB
  • oakesshotoakesshot Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    8-) Yes, it'd make a change I 'spose!
    "You missed, Mr Bond" / "Did I?"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    I DO NOT want:

A military hair cut on Bond.
    A story involving revenge, loss of Double-0 status, M in the field, or angsty parental issues.
    A BMW, a Toyota, a Volkswagon or a Smart Car as Bond's ride.
    A stupid henchman Bond can easily defeat.
    A mission Bond screws up for the most part.
    A Bond girl played by other than Rachel Weisz (It should be easy; Dan's MARRIED to her!!!!).
    A Bond gun other than a PPK.
    A gunbarrel at the end of the movie, after the end credits, or slipped into an easter egg in the DVD.
    A hip-hop or rap title song.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • 007bond007bond Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    I want another Classic Craig Bond film that sits beside CR and SF nicely.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I want Felix Leiter.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    It would be nice to see him with a bigger
    role in a new movie.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I want Quantum exposed as politicians & CEO's in high places all over the world, and Bond & MI6 being the only ones who can take it all down.
    It will be interesting to see what they will do with Quantum. ;)
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I think we've seen the last of Quantum.
    After the indifferent reception QOS received compared to CR and SF, IMO Quantum is dead and buried.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    After the indifferent reception QOS received compared to CR and SF, IMO Quantum is dead and buried.

You may be right. I hope you aren't though, because that would demonstrate a distinct lack of insight on the part of the movie makers. The cold reception QoS received was due to it being a terrible movie, the idea of Quantum was a good one!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    I agree, I think there's plenty of mileage left in Quantum. ;)
  • 007bond007bond Posts: 71MI6 Agent

You may be right. I hope you aren't though, because that would demonstrate a distinct lack of insight on the part of the movie makers. The cold reception QoS received was due to it being a terrible movie, the idea of Quantum was a good one!

Wow QOS is not a terrible film, its flawed for sure but I feel its so underrated by JB fans.
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Quantum is a great film, despite its small flaws!

I feel that it was a Pierce Brosnan film, and that with PB at the helm as Bond it would of been one of the classics...
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I think so too, Quantums intial presence in CR was intriguing and further development of the organization in QOS was certainly interesting, but i doubt casual viewers will really remember or care for the return of an organization last seen on screen in 2008. As it stands, i much prefer the isolated missions with villians and organizations that appear in one film, makes the film unique and whole and not just an ongoing conflict that may or may not be picked up in the next film. Since QOS im guessing was supposed to be a direct carryover of CR it makes sense to further develop the Quantum organization but since Skyfall it would be kinda odd in my opinion to just jump back in with Quantum again.
    I think the producers will never want Bond to get involved with
    "Real world crime/terrorist organisations " so something like
    Quantum fits the bill, Hence the Bomber in CR did it for Money,
    not becaues he Believed in a cause.
  • screenamescreename Posts: 388MI6 Agent
    I'm not that picky with my Bond films (just as long as Roger Moore's not in it. Fantastic actor, not my cup of tea.)
    1. Gun barrel at the beginning!
    2. The return of David Arnold. Except for incorporating the tune of the theme song into the score I think he really captured the style of John Barry
    3. Bond in suits! Craig wore suits in Skyfall but my Goodness! They were fitted terribly. They might have looked good on someone 35 years younger, but not on a middle aged Craig. His suits from QoS were perfect!
    4. Good old Q briefing scene.
    5. A current Aston Martin. They chose the DB5 in Goldfinger because it was Aston's new car. Now it makes sense to choose the Vanquish or new DB9
    6. I'd love to see Bond and Felix take on a villain together. When I first saw Goldfinger I was really excited at the end but Bond got separated from Felix almost immediately. Besides Craig and Wright just work together so well on screen there's no reason not to have them together.
    7. A bond girl that actually lives and contributes to the plot.
    8. A villain that I actually feel threatened by. Sorry Javier, you just didn't do it for me. Go take a lesson from Mr. Mikkelsen.
    9. Can Craig actually use his PPK?
    10. More intimate action sequences. Skyfall go home, Bruce Willis is looking for you.
    11. Class and elegance. Daniel I know you have it just get those writers to let you show it!
    12. Can we have one Craig film that's not a revenge plot (although I actually really like that film) or a James becoming Bond story?
    13. Nobody cares about Bond's past!
    14. Keep M behind the desk.
    15. Give M and Bond a more joking relationship. To M, Bond is always the one that annoys him but gets the job done in the end.

And that is 15 Things that I want from Bond 24.
    screename wrote:
    3. Bond in suits! Craig wore suits in Skyfall but my Goodness! They were fitted terribly. They might have looked good on someone 35 years younger, but not on a middle aged Craig. His suits from QoS were perfect!

Agree with this one totally. The suits in SF were really awful (and not at all like Tom Ford's usual style). About a size too small and the jackets were 2 inches too short. I think CR and QoS both did a really good job of updating the Bond look for modern times (Brosnan's Bond was always too overdressed for my liking)
    A lot of people criticize Brosnan as being over dressed, but I never really thought it out of place. There was always a viable excuse.
    screename wrote:
    A lot of people criticize Brosnan as being over dressed, but I never really thought it out of place. There was always a viable excuse.
    I concur! :007)
    I also want a small reference to quantum. that leads to Bond 25, Craig's swan song and ultimate confrontation with Christopher Eccleston as the head of Quantum. They don't have to destroy it, just establish it in it's entirety.
    I'm sure it's no problem for most people. It's not a big deal for me and doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the films but I just feel that, whilst Bond should be well-dressed, Brosnan's Bond is always the best dressed man in the room.