Things I do / do NOT want in Bond 24

Comments

• musiciangirl591musiciangirl591 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think it would be awesome if sean connery could make a guest appearance
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent

Sean Connery was considered early on for the role of Kincade in Skyfall, but Sam Mendes rightly (in my opinion) decided his appearance would be too much of a distraction and take the audience out of the film. Very unlikely that Connery himself would have wanted to appear anyway.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    I would love to see a skiing sequence, extreme weather conditions - not necessarily chased by the bad guys, but in order to infiltrate some facility. Dunno if Craig is familiar with skies - anyway good winter location would be cool.

And no more motorcycle chases, QoS bike/boat and SF grand bazaar rooftop chases are enough imo.

-{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • RogueAgent007RogueAgent007 Corn-fed central USPosts: 154MI6 Agent

Please allow me to be the first to welcome you to the forum, musiciangirl591!!!

It would be, you're right. But it will never happen. SC couldn't bring himself to be part of the 50th anniversary celebration, or part of the recent documentary (forgot the title), and so it seems he has put Bond in his past never to return.
    Beg your pardon, forgot to knock...
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent

Welcome musiciangirl591,glad to have you
    on board, We need more female agents ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Teppo wrote:
    I would love to see a skiing sequence, extreme weather conditions - not necessarily chased by the bad guys, but in order to infiltrate some facility. Dunno if Craig is familiar with skies - anyway good winter location would be cool.
    -{

It would be hard to top the skiing scenes in OHMSS, FYEO and, more recently, the excellent - and very Bond-esque - ones in Inception.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I think it's possible to show something new in a skiing/winter scene: Look at this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgb1rj_downhill-skiing-extreme_sport#.UW5n2Nw4Vjo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sM2wUcobxw

Also, I have never seen a Movie where snowmobiles are used to their full potential: jumps, flips, driving on solid ground, driving inside houses or on open water. Should be fantastic! I want to see a ski/snowmobile chase where Bond drives his snowmobile off a steep Cliff and into the cargo bay of a helicopter by the tailgate.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Cool videos. -{
    I remember seeing videos of guys skiing through a town using bridges and
    hand rails like skateboarders, Great stuff. :D
    I agree snowmobiles would look fantastic in a chase sequence. The jumping
    in to a helicopter was used in the computer game Nightfire, I think. But it
    would fit the bill for a Big opening stunt. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Double post
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I never played the game Nightfire - a pity the stunt has allready been "done" by Bond. I think skiing and snowmobiles would be very bondian and set 007 apart from Bourne. Bourne would never ski ...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm sure it would look far better with a stunt team doing it. -{
    ( In the game I think he went in the side door of the helicopter
    to destroy it, It was a villains ) so having him pop in via the
    Back, would be different.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • mrbondmrbond Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    I'd love something similar to the Garden of Death in the book YOLT. Perhaps make it an assisted suicide place for millionaires located in rural Japan or something. Just a thought.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure it would be possible to actually jump a skidoo into the back of a helicopter, which means they'd have to do the whole sequence in CGI, which I don't favour (lets not forget the para-surfing scene in DAD!!!).
    JediM
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I don't want elephants hitting the jackpot on fruit machines in Bond 24. Apart from that, anythinng goes for me. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure it would be possible to actually jump a skidoo into the back of a helicopter, which means they'd have to do the whole sequence in CGI, which I don't favour (lets not forget the para-surfing scene in DAD!!!).
    JediM

Hey, Jedi. I just noticed that you joined AJB on the day before me!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    mrbond wrote:
    I'd love something similar to the Garden of Death in the book YOLT. Perhaps make it an assisted suicide place for millionaires located in rural Japan or something. Just a thought.

Wow! What a great modernised YOLT idea. Very topical. I like it, mrbond!
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    i frankly would love to see Bond in a white shawl collar evening suit ensemble (a la Thunderball) rather than another midnight navy tuxedo. Can still be done by Tom Ford and the midnight navys are indeed amazing but i think its time for something. Connery wasn't afraid to branch out. Nothing should Craig.
  • LiamLiam Now where was I? Let me see...Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    I don't think ivory is Craig's colour. He ought to better stay away from the white dinner jacket if you ask me.
    I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Wilde
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'm still hoping for another Bond film named after the villain, a la Dr. No and Goldfinger. As I have mentioned before, I think Shatterhand would make a great title. I know that character name was used in the novel You Only Live Twice, but since the character didn't appear in the film version a whole new villain named Shatterhand could be created for a new Bond film.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Liam wrote:
    I don't think ivory is Craig's colour. He ought to better stay away from the white dinner jacket if you ask me.

I think that can be said of all of the bonds but Conney and Moore both wore one (and IMHO connery looked better in the white as opposed to his navy). I understand people think of Craig as the modern era bond who only should wear a darker color pallette but an ivory would really just blow people away. Tom Ford designs some of the nicest out there (i should know, i own one)
  • LiamLiam Now where was I? Let me see...Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Liam wrote:

I think that can be said of all of the bonds but Conney and Moore both wore one (and IMHO connery looked better in the white as opposed to his navy). I understand people think of Craig as the modern era bond who only should wear a darker color pallette but an ivory would really just blow people away. Tom Ford designs some of the nicest out there (i should know, i own one)

No doubt a fine piece of clothing. But I have difficulty seeing Craig pulling off the colour, he just doesn't seem the type. I could be wrong, I don't know. I suspect the Macao scenes in Skyfall would have been the natural occasion for it, maybe they even tried it?
    I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Wilde
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Liam wrote:
    Liam wrote:

No doubt a fine piece of clothing. But I have difficulty seeing Craig pulling off the colour, he just doesn't seem the type. I could be wrong, I don't know. I suspect the Macao scenes in Skyfall would have been the natural occasion for it, maybe they even tried it?

Didn't he wear a white suit in CR in the scene where he lands in the Bahamas ?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Liam wrote:

Dont think he looks that bad... :))

281_fashion_advice_flash.jpg
    and thats from Layer Cake not Bond but you get the idea.
  • Sir James MoloneySir James Moloney LondonPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    Liam wrote:

Dont think he looks that bad... :))

281_fashion_advice_flash.jpg

Craig has a "spring complexion" (light hair, blue eyes) so lighter colours should actually work better on him than darker colours (as with Roger Moore.) The picture you've posted is a good example, Returningson.

Although I don't think we'll see an ivory dinner jacket on him as they're out of fashion at the moment and seen as being a bit naff. These things are cyclical though so I'm sure we'll see it again one day.
    1- CR. 2- OHMSS. 3- FRWL. 4- GF. 5- DN. 6- TLD. 7- SF. 8- TSWLM. 9- GE. 10- LTK.
    11- TB. 12- OP. 13- LALD. 14- TMWTGG. 15- FYEO. 16- YOLT. 17- TND. 18- QoS.
    19- TWINE. 20- AVTAK. 21- MR. 22- DAF. 23- DAD.
  • Roger Mo'Roger Mo' Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I want:
    1) A totally different PTS - underwater or skiing sequence as mentioned by a number of people
    2)DC in Navy uniform - linked to PTS
    3)DC's hair longer so it doesn't spike at the front like a teenage boy's
    4) A bad ass villain - an assassin (Scaramanga?) who isn't fey like Silva
    5) A return to Jamaica somehow - linking back to Fleming's roots and influences. I have missed glamorous locales which make Bond 'Bond'
    6) Berenice Marlohe returning as a different Bond girl - but lasts more than 5 minutes! If it's good enough for Maud Adams...
    7) M stays in his office - he is not allowed to join in any fighting and I don't want the story revolving around him
    8)Connected to #7, I don't want Bond developing attachment issues to M and wanting him to be his 'dad'. M should tell him what the mission is, pass him the file and send him to Q branch so he can kick ass
    9) Aston Martin Vanquish please
    10) Put the bloody gunbarrel back at the start! Use the same soundtrack as the one for LTK - this would suit DCs Bond to the ground
    There we are - I am not asking for much Ms Broccoli/Mr Wilson. It would make me very happy... :)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'd like;

1) Gunbarrel at the start
    2) David Arnold doing the score
    3) Proper Q branch scene like TLD
    4) Aston Vanquish as bonds ride
    5) A female head of Quantum
    6) To see the quantum organisation have a meeting like in FRWL
    7) Another 00 or the SAS to assist bond
    8) A car chase where the Aston doesn't get trashed
    9) A location like the Falklands or Shetland
    10) Bond in a war, afghan perhaps?

Things I don't wanna see;

1) Any slow and boring underwater or skiing scenes
    2) Any facial deformities in the villain
    3) Another soundtrack where I'm constantly hoping for some classic Norman-esque tones and never get them
    4) A female 'equal' of bond. I'm absolutely sick of hearing these actresses say how their character is bonds equal and shows that women aren't just all pretty looks...
    5) Slidewhistles
    6) Weird characters like Elvis
    7) Over used CGI
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Things I don't wanna see;
    7) Over used CGI
    Good luck with that one MG. 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Roger Mo' wrote:
    I want:

I thought when they rebooted the Bond series, they made Craig-Bond a Royal Marine.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • Sir James MoloneySir James Moloney LondonPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    perdogg wrote:
    Roger Mo' wrote:
    I want:

I thought when they rebooted the Bond series, they made Craig-Bond a Royal Marine.

If the Rebooted Bond has the same attitude towards continuity as classic Bond, they might forget all about that by Bond 24 or 25!
    1- CR. 2- OHMSS. 3- FRWL. 4- GF. 5- DN. 6- TLD. 7- SF. 8- TSWLM. 9- GE. 10- LTK.
    11- TB. 12- OP. 13- LALD. 14- TMWTGG. 15- FYEO. 16- YOLT. 17- TND. 18- QoS.
    19- TWINE. 20- AVTAK. 21- MR. 22- DAF. 23- DAD.