Locations

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    About the Canary Islands tsunami threath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkQ70qwasa8
    edited November 2013
    Here is my scenario for a ski chase:

Bond is on a mountain when villans on snowmobiles find him. Bond is on skiis, so he goes down the cliff, skiing near vertically, while the villans have to go the long way down. Below the cliff they nearly catch up with him, shooting at him with submachineguns. They reach a village. Bond uses the rooftops, the railings on stairs and walls, staying on the outside. The men on snowmobiles can drive inside the houses since they aren't reliant on snow. Just below the village is a river. Bond uses a rooftop as a ski jump while the villans snowmobile on the water. On the other side of the river the ground starts sloping downhill again and everyone picks up speed. Villans have crashed earlier in the chase, but the remaining snowmobilers are still in hot persuit. Bond called up some allies as soon as he saw the villans aproashing back on the mountaintop and continued giving instructions while skiing down the cliff. Bond skiis off a new, vertical cliff. The closes persuers follow him off the edge, unable to stop in time. A large, two-engine helicopter has come to 007's aid. The heli's tailgate is positioned right off the edge of the cliff, just a few yards away and Bond skiis right into the cargo bay of the helicoptre. The heli flies off, the villans are dead at the bottom of the valley or standing at the edge of the cliff, fruitlessly shooting at the heli taking Bond off to safety.
    Does anyone else want to see this ? :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Yes I would. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thanks! I forgot that the villans lob handgrenades off the first cliff, setting of small avalanches ...
    Everything in my skiing sequence plot thing has been done in real life with the exception of the jump into the helicopter.
    This yacht would be perfedt for a Bond villan:

http://vimeo.com/77159872
    Those yachts would look amazing. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I love Piz Gloria, but I think Aiguille du Midi near Chamonix is even more spectacular:

pt73179.jpg

5148299601_7293245376.jpg

aiguille.jpg

aiguille.jpg

And here is a fantastic stunt involving the location:

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/73391/the-perfect-flight-episode-2-chamonix
  • BondFanSince77BondFanSince77 FinlandPosts: 61MI6 Agent
    How about Lapland in Finland?
    There would be excellent places to ski scenes ;)

Lapland_Finland_11.jpg

Lappland_Kiilopaeae_a19898191.jpg

HBEZpz_EI_Pxgen_r_Ax541.jpg

WInter_In_Finland_Wide_485x728.jpg

nlites_visitfinland_3.jpg

Arctic Show Hotel in Lapland
    arctic_snow_hotel_lapland_finland_6.jpg
    Bed in Arctic Snow hotel
    suite_arctic_snow_hotel_rovaniemi_lapland_finlan.jpg
    Graves's Ice palace in DAD was based on the snow hotel, but Lapland looks beautiful.
    Amazing concept -{ where do you find this stuff Number24. :))
    Amazing concept -{ where do you find this stuff Number24. :))

Net editions of tabloids.
    Keep reading them, I'm learning a lot. {[]
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

I've been to Lapland (Levi) a few years ago and had a fantastic holiday. However, because most mountains are only about 900 metres high you can't really have a real skiing scene because the runs are really short. One of the longest runs of Levi is this one http://youtu.be/swvQVDoVNTQ Now picture it at break neck speed. 40 seconds, tops :))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:

I've been to Lapland (Levi) a few years ago and had a fantastic holiday. However, because most mountains are only about 900 metres high you can't really have a real skiing scene because the runs are really short. One of the longest runs of Levi is this one http://youtu.be/swvQVDoVNTQ Now picture it at break neck speed. 40 seconds, tops :))

Meanwhile in neighboring Norway on approximately the same longitude, skiers don't have the same problem ...

05.jpg
    I just saw an episode of "The worlds most dangerous roads" by the BBC 2. I have to say some of those roads are even worse than the road I had to go by bus to school on for three years. I Remember once when I was a student I stoped the car to throw a stone or two off the road. When I returned at the end of the day that section of the road was gone due to avalache.

But on the program they also crossed Salar de Uyuni (The Salt Sea) in Bolivia. This would be a spectacular and very unusual location.

2086104060_3e9a203ab9.jpg

salar_de_uyuni.jpg
    edited February 2014
    I want more interesting architecture on show in Bond movies, the way it was when Ken Adam made the sets. Here is a house that could be the Elrond house (DAF) for our age: The Doolitle House in Joshua Three near LA.

image10.jpg

DOOLITTLE_0131_1_3ZK0TC1ZH.JPG

KelloggDoolittle.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    that's what I like about this thread, is that we have such a diverse group of travellers
    who can share pictures that we would never get to see :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I know its not Bond related but I find this building amazing (amazing its still there :)) ) very weird to walk up
    649.jpg
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Luxury underwater cruises by Oliver's Travels:

http://wordlesstech.com/2014/02/13/luxury-underwater-cruises-olivers-travels/

Luxury-underwater-cruises-by-Olivers-travels-1-640x564.jpg

Here you can join the "mile low club"
    Luxury-underwater-cruises-by-Olivers-travels-5-640x405.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Japan again, or Norway.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Of cource I agree about Norway :) I read on CmdBond a rumour that Bond 24 will be partly sett in Japan. It's just a rumouor, but I'm hoping for the garden of death.
    edited February 2014
    I do like architecture and I would enjoy seing more interesting houses in a Bond movies. Remember how the inside of Dr No's house, mr. Whytes private house in DAF or even the dessert hotel in Qos added to the movie? more of that please!

483dbb026950767809f28d186d2e4f70.jpg

casa_gary_neville_project.jpg

01-aerial-view.jpg

Simplicitylove.com_VillaKogelhof_PauldeRuiter_3.jpg

nahal3.jpg
    edited February 2014
    I especially like this house. I imagine a scene where something dramatic happens, perhaps Bond sneaking/fighting his way to the villan/captured Bond girl at the top? The whole scene could be filmed from the outside, even in one take.

483dbb026950767809f28d186d2e4f70.jpg
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see something set in the tropics, say Mayan Pyramids and underwater action in Belize. I like the idea of something set in Norway, but Sweden
    does have a good villian's lair:
    http://www.theblogbelow.com/2008/07/musko-swedens-underground-nava.html
    While I'd prefer a blonde for the Bond Girl, as long as she's not a throwaway like most of those in the Craig films, i'd probably be happy.

Regards,

Tecolote
    Norway has underground submarine bases too, including a couple of really huge left over from the Germans. I'm not against Sweden as location, their cities are more photogenic than Norway's.
    On Top Gear recently the drove through Ukraine and it too has many old submarine bases
    which still look impressive. Although it would be a very brave film unit to go there at the moment. :#
  • TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Number24:
    Has Olavsvern been sold yet?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157115/Bond-super-villain-yard-sale-Secret-Norwegian-submarine-base-market-11m-need-sub.html
    It looks like the prefect timing for filming....
    Thanks for the info about the Norwegain sub bases.

Regards,

Tecolote
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Number 24, thank you for those amazing pictures! They really have that 'Ken Adam feel' to them. I hope we can get back to a style like that in the next movie(s).
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad