Locations

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Maybe Quantum can morph into SPECTRE?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Mighty Morphing Quantum Agents. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Mighty Morphing Quantum Agents. :))

Good idea - they already have the (Mr.) White one! Now they just need to add the Pink, Green, Blue, Yellow and Black ones! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Blofeld can be the Pink one -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Bond confront a villan in a sulphur mine in an active vulcano. Welcome to hell, Blofeld! :o

_MG_0049_1cr.jpg

sulphur5.jpg

Sulphur-carriers.jpg

sulphur_mines_indonesia_01.jpg
    I can imagine the Smell :#
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Perhaps there could be a horse race through the sulphur mine. Bond could be on a former champion race horse named Hoof Hearted.
    I can imagine the Smell :#

Thankfully Bond movies aren't Smell-o-rama :))
    I think such a mine is perfect for a fight scene. It's excotic, dangerous, visually striking, involves a vulcano and it has never been done before. The pictures are from Java.
    I would very much want to see Bond in Indonesia. You get places like the sulphur mine, major cities like Jakarta and beautiful locations like this:

Hindu_Temple_in_Java_,_Indonesia.jpg

tumblr_ljddmjOlle1qc1qyjo1_500.jpg

I think part of the appeal of Bond movies is to take us to interesting places most people have nerver been. I seem to remember two movies set on Jakarta: The Year of Living Dangerously and Entrapment. There is much the international movie audience hasn't seen yet.
    More Bondian/Ken Adam style architecture:

Hover-architectural-competition-floating-structure.jpg

Juan-Carlos-Ramos-Pyramid-House-3.jpg

article-0-19CCC60000000578-667_964x608.jpg

floating-villa.jpg
    floating-villa-closeup.jpg
    Some amazing designs ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Here is a link to an interview with Terry Bamber, production manager of the latest six Bond movies. I put the link in this topic because of his commnets that: "I know Mr Mendes wants to shoot somewhere that has never been used before for Bond 24."
    This is a great goal, I think the audience would like to see somewhere new.

http://jamesbondnorge.no/?p=1347
    edited June 2014
    I have already praised the Moscow underground metro. Bond should definately go there.
    But if one wants to show something more modern, the Stockholm metro in Sweden looks fantastic. Here are some samples:

1001.jpg

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

image.axd?picture=%2F2013%2F02%2Fadrag_130202_IMG_1362.jpg

1369442938-c4857a93082fb56dad14e1a085ebff6b.jpeg

I would like to see Bond going down these stairs for a fight with a villan - a decent into hell.
    WOW! Looks amazing. -{
    Thanks! I obviously think so. Especially the hell-like image at the bottom is striking. While the rest of Scandinavia's nature can't hold a candle to Norway's, I freely admit the major cities of Sweden and Denmark look better than Oslo.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    wow words fail me ,with out having to throw in the odd swear word
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I nominate my lovely Home Town of Ash. A Car Chase through one of the many Council Estates ending up outside a Co-Op will be Cinematic Brilliance.
    I thought I had suggested Moscow metro on this thread, but I can't find it. Stalin got it buildt in the 30's.

img_3260-2.jpg

Komsomolskaya_2013979b.jpg

As an added bonus there is the Metro 2, the secret metro/hidden city for the Soviet elite in case of nuclear war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro-2
    I also believe that Stalin used it to rally Russians when the Germans were not that far from Moscow.
    Do you mean Metro One (the open metro)? And how did Stalin rally people - by radio?
    Open Metro I think, and I'm sure it was Radio.
    After watching Wolverine last night, I'm even more convinced that Bond
    Should use Japan again. The city's look fantastic and futuristic, yet
    the coast and countryside are stunningly beautiful. -{
    After watching Wolverine last night, I'm even more convinced that Bond
    Should use Japan again. The city's look fantastic and futuristic, yet
    the coast and countryside are stunningly beautiful. -{

Agree!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    As a member of the YOLT fanclub (a small society to be sure) I would love to see Bond back in Japan. Also I was amazed how beautiful Hong Kong is.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    As a member of the YOLT fanclub (a small society to be sure)

But getting larger all the time. :D
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Can't see it guys he went to shanghai in Skyfall, I can't see them go back east. I reckon Ireland and St barts are on the cards. ;)
    So true. They had a couple of scenes from China in Skyfall, how can they even think of filming in the huge continent of Asia in Bond 24 .... ? :v
    Maybe not straight away, but I hope they keep it in mind :D
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I think EON uses locations partly as a marketing tool. They shoot scenes in countries with large and growing film audiences on the theory that more people will come out if their country is featured. Hence, China in Skyfall. They also planned to use India until that fell through.

If my theory is correct look for Brazil (lots of security problems, though), India, Japan, South Korea, South Africa and Russia in future films.
    CR: Czech republic, USA, Madagascar, Montenegro, Italy

QoS: Italy, Haiti, Austria, Russia, Bolivia

Skyfall: Turkey, China, GB.

First of all: I know they didn't film in all those places, but most cinema-goers don't. Based on this list I'd say you are partly right. There are allways one or two countries with large populations, possibly to help marketing. But there are also countries with very limited markets such as Montenegro, Madagascar and Haiti. Skyfall didn't visit any small countries (well .... Scotland might get their independence :v), but I don't think that will be the trend.
    Mendes has said he wants to take Bond to places we haven't seen before, so we should expect to see smaller coutries too in the future.