Since Date confirmed-What type of Villain do you want?

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd like them to reveal Q as the leader of Quantum.

Personally, I've grown a bit tired of the "betrayal within the ranks" scenario. Plus, I like the new Q and I want to see him stick around for a while.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Also Q is so young. When did he get the time off school to rise to the top of such an organisation. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I'd like them to reveal Q as the leader of Quantum.

Really bad idea. I want the new team (M, Q and Moneypenny) to send 007 out on a mission. Bond completes the mission, kills the villan and beds the girls in the end. :007)

Why destroy the new team just after they put them together?
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Before you can decide on the villain you need to decide on the threat and the theme of the movie. In QoS the Minister of Defense (?) says at one point that Mr Green's and Britain's now align, so the British Government is no longer the squeaky clean beacon of morality and justice that it once was in the early Bond films. In the good old days of cowboys and indians, Bond could say he was doing it for Queen and country but things are not black and white anymore. To quote Mathos: "As you get older the heroes and villains all get mixed up together." So what do we as audience members care about today - because that is what we will be willing to invest in emotionally when we watch a Bond film. The environment is very important but QoS did a fairly weak plot on that subject with Green's plot to monopolise Bolivia's water supply. Personally I think Bond should be going after the multi-nationals who are currently raping the planet in the name of greed - these organisations are bigger than most countries. We had a bit of this in MR, VTAK, TND and TSWLM although Drax, Zorin, Carver and Stromberg were old style individual tycoons rather than the kind of faceless men that run the world's biggest companies today. Id like to see an evil Board of Directors of some huge company that is playing the world economies like chess pieces and needs to be brought down by infiltration, espionage and assassination because its too big to be defeated by conventional legal means. The company would be seen as a threat by Mi6 because it has too much control over the British government and economy.
    In my opinion that's what QUANTUM is.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    delicious wrote:
    Before you can decide on the villain you need to decide on the threat and the theme of the movie. In QoS the Minister of Defense (?) says at one point that Mr Green's and Britain's now align, so the British Government is no longer the squeaky clean beacon of morality and justice that it once was in the early Bond films. In the good old days of cowboys and indians, Bond could say he was doing it for Queen and country but things are not black and white anymore. To quote Mathos: "As you get older the heroes and villains all get mixed up together." So what do we as audience members care about today - because that is what we will be willing to invest in emotionally when we watch a Bond film. The environment is very important but QoS did a fairly weak plot on that subject with Green's plot to monopolise Bolivia's water supply. Personally I think Bond should be going after the multi-nationals who are currently raping the planet in the name of greed - these organisations are bigger than most countries. We had a bit of this in MR, VTAK, TND and TSWLM although Drax, Zorin, Carver and Stromberg were old style individual tycoons rather than the kind of faceless men that run the world's biggest companies today. Id like to see an evil Board of Directors of some huge company that is playing the world economies like chess pieces and needs to be brought down by infiltration, espionage and assassination because its too big to be defeated by conventional legal means. The company would be seen as a threat by Mi6 because it has too much control over the British government and economy.

Some good ideas there.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    delicious wrote:
    Or you can build the story around the character. In fact, in creative writing, the mantra is often character is story.
    You want a henchman who looks like a threath to Bond? I suggest russian heavyweight boxer Nikolai Valuev- He is really heavyweight: he si 310.8 pounds (141 kg) and 7'1'' (216 cm). He could work as the type of henchman who stands behind the villan and is silent and threatening and then fights Bond.

Nikolai-Valuev101.jpg

Nikolay-Valuev-Serguei-Lyakhovich12.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Valuev ? No thanks....David Haye smashed him...and you don't need that kind of 'thought' about someone when they come up against Bond....that they've already been well beaten...
    YNWA 97
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Well, he does have a Bond villian look.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Sir Miles, it isn't about who's the better boxer. We're not placing bets before a boxing match. He has a wonderful villan look and would be a great, realistic throwback to the Jaws type of villan.
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles, it isn't about who's the better boxer. We're not placing bets before a boxing match. He has a wonderful villan look and would be a great, realistic throwback to the Jaws type of villan.

I know that....but he's well known...and has been beaten...you need someone with an aura of invincibility about them.
    He'd actually be a better 'fit' as Jaws...closer to the book version...
    YNWA 97
    I'd pay good money to see Sir Miles say that to his face. :)) He does look
    the friendly, forgiving kind of guy. :D :p
    I think he has a great look for a villain's henchman. -{ I wouldn't attempt
    to kick sand in his face. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Pay me what they paid David Haye and I'd be happy to tell him :D
    YNWA 97
    Nikolai Valuev has a more unusual, striking (pun intended) look and looks more threatening than Hayes. I'm willing to say it to his face any day - in Norwegian :))
    Number24 wrote:
    You want a henchman who looks like a threath to Bond? I suggest russian heavyweight boxer Nikolai Valuev- He is really heavyweight: he si 310.8 pounds (141 kg) and 7'1'' (216 cm). He could work as the type of henchman who stands behind the villan and is silent and threatening and then fights Bond.

Nikolai-Valuev101.jpg

Is it just me, or does his head look kind of small for his body in the first photo?
    Number24 wrote:
    In my opinion that's what QUANTUM is.

Yeah I thought of that but Quantum is a group of men from different countries who have formed a criminal organisation. Im thinking more of a single super-humungous multinational which is behaving criminally - like Monsanto which is meddling with genetics and so on.
    My image of QUANTUM is that it's a criminal organisation that works through the financial market far more than asking fro "one meeeelion dollars or we will blow up the ....". A nice mix of SPECTRE and Wall Street. That's just my opinion, of cource.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Nikolai-Valuev101.jpg

Is it just me, or does his head look kind of small for his body in the first photo?

I think it is more that his body looks kind of big for his head :))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Could Greene return. After all Quantum have faked deaths before.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    edited January 2014
    Id like to see the Rock play a rebooted Jaws - he already has the eyes of a shark -imagine him with pointed teeth too!
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I would like to see another Villain in the same Line as Scaramanga. Someone who can match Bond in a Gunfight and possibly a Punch up too.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    cecilia_braekhus_web1.jpg

This is another martial artist who could make a good "henchwoman". Cecilia Brækkhus was born in Columbia, but has lived most of her life in Norway. She is the reigning female world chapion in weleterweight pro boxing. She looks like this:

Cecilia-Braekhus2.jpg
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Reminds me of Mayday.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Reminds me of Mayday.

But significantly better looking! :D
    She could beat me anytime. :))
    She doesn't remind me of Mayday, but i'm guessing she's the sexiest top-level boxer out there ...
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Hi, I heard through the grapevine Tom Hardy was lined up to play a Spectre agent in Bond 24 but turned it down as he is keen to take over from Daniel and it would put him out of the running citing that this happened to Sean Bean. It is also rumoured that Barbra Broccoli has already secured him but I know this to be false as Dominic Cooper who has just made a TV biopic of Flemings life and him stating that he would jump at replacing Daniel has forced them to rethink their position. I was well impressed with Tom Hardy the way the man can transform himself. I believe he is an incredible acting talent but the press shots of Dominic in the Felming Biop he looks like a young Connery
    Dom.jpg
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
    No, he doesn't. but I would've liked to see Tom Hardy as a SPECTRE agent. I have pointed out earlier that Hardy looks like Blofeld in OHMSS.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    Hardy as Bond, no. As a villain, unlikely.
    Cooper as Bond, unlikely. As a villain, yes.