Since Date confirmed-What type of Villain do you want?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Cooper as Bond, no.
    Cooper as a villan, no.

Hardy as Bond, no.
    Hardy as a villan, yes.

So our opinions differ a little bit.

I think Cooper looks too dull.
    Hardy would be Craig mk. 2 as Bond (Short, blond, character actor, pouty etc.)
  • Davidjames83Davidjames83 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think blofeld should definately make a return. I liked the way Sam Mendes has refreshed the bond films with skyfall. Lived silva as the villain however wasn't that impressed with death scene- lacked a dramatic finish to the build up.

Reckon if he was brought back some how to compliment new villains .... Maybe he didn't actually die, maybe utilising his deformity better- perhaps he returns as the new jaws - would suit his condition.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    our opinions differ a little bit.

Not necessarily- I perhaps wasn't clear enough in my previous post that I was rating the two actors' chances as opposed to their suitability.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Tom Hardy would make a fantastic villain.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Johny Lee Miller take over from daniel if you have seen elementry I think he would be awsome. But were talking 4 years atleast before Daniel finishes uo so he may be too old. As a villan I would like to see is Damien Lewis.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
    Sorry, but other than acting ability and and nationality I don't see much working for him as Bond. Too short, too old and wrong look.
    He's younger than Craig, younger than Moore was in LALD, and at 180cm taller than Craig. And being M's grandson doesn't hurt either.
    Still, I agree that he's an unlikely choice.
    He is only four years younger than Craig, that's little enough not to matter. There is no point in switching to an actor who is basically the same age. I know Moore was older than Connery, but age wasn't the reason Connery quit. My sources on the internet claim Miller is 5'9'' or 5'10'' (177-178 cm). On the other hand Jonny Lee Miller does a mean Sean Connery impression :D
    It's all academic; Miller clearly isn't going to be playing Bond. He won't have to worry re future parts once "Elementary" finishes though. As many an actor before has found out when either trying to escape the image or return to it in old age, there's no police like Holmes.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He does play a good villain. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I mentioned Silje Torp of "Lillihammer" in the Leading Ladies thread, but she was really missplaced. She could be a great henchwoman, I think. Especially since I just learned she is 6' 3'' (191 cm) tall!

XTePVMJMbR36N1GjqokleQvp8rzlsXlu0Gv31cCQ3leA

978x.jpg
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Definitely more villain. . .sorry, I just don't have the desire to snog with her. (And now that I have streaming Netflix, I'll have to check out Lillehammer.)

As to who I want to be a villain, I dunno. I just hope the producers think outside the proverb and give us something new and interesting. There's been a lot on the casting of Aron Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and the transformation of his character into a street tough who's also a whiz-kid who becomes a teenage billionaire; and the more I think about it, the more I like it. It would be great if the producers give us an actor and a villain we're just not quite expecting.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Find a good actor or actress with an intersting face, someone with a theatre career or a star outside the English speaking world and cast him/her as a villan. Look what Tarantino did with Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds - an unknown actor outside the German speaking countries.
    Or like you mentioned with Eisenberg as Lex Luthor - cast against type and give it a new spin. Instead of casting Alan Rickman as a villan - cast Viggo Mortensen! don't cast Dennis Hopper as the villan - cast Hugh Bonneville. Makes it all much fresher. Nolan got it right in Batman Begins. He cast Gary Oldman as an heroic policman and Liam Neeson as the villan.
    Well, it's safe to say they won't cast Dennis Hopper. . .unless they perform a seance. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    She looks a tiny bit like a Man in drag.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    She doesn't have the archetypal feminine look, but would still make a great henchwoman. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    She has a very distinctive look, like Kronsteen, Kaufmann and Irma Bunt. Characters with short screen time (well, not Bunt perhaps), but people remember them.
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Bond did sleep with Grace Jones in avtak so anythings possible lol. Baddue a name for you John Malkovic best actor on the planet at playing a psycho maybe even Bloefeld
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
    Casting John Malkovic as a villan is just lazy casting. Casting him as a henchman who turns out to be an undercover CIA agent would be much better. That would be a neat trick.
    I was thinking if J Travolta gets to play a Bond villain, then with "Hairspray" we'd
    Have two Bond villains who were married, Travolta and Walken. :))
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    So EON has a very different type of villain planned for Bond 24. Maybe a return to the high functioning sociopath billionaire type.
  • yonderlandyonderland Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited March 2014
    While I'd like to see Benedict Cumberbatch as the next Bond I think there's a better chance of him being the next villain. He was due to play Hamlet in October but suddenly changed his plans and cleared his schedule for that month and beyond. He also told fans at an event that he had a secret project for later in the year and when asked if it was Star Wars he said no and in any event Star Wars will have finished filming by October.

He's also close friends with Sam Mendes and Mendes partner Rebecca Hall and has always said he wants to do more films with action. He did a film short earlier in the year to help an old friend who used to be Tom Hardy's trainer and the trainer got Cumberbatch into good shape for the fight scenes. When I watched it I couldn't help but think it was an audition piece for a role in a big action/thriller film. Here's a still from the film short.

76154.jpg

I think there's a reasonable chance he's in the film. Maybe another 00
    Interesting! And welcome to AJB, yonderland. :)
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    I read that T Hardy turned down a part in the next Bond because he doesn't
    want to spoil his chances of playing Bond someday, Cumberbatch might be
    thinking the same. :))
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    So EON has a very different type of villain planned for Bond 24. Maybe a return to the high functioning sociopath billionaire type.

I have a feeling it will be a woman, and "The Property Of A Lady" will finally be used as the title
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I want to see a Hugo Drax like Villain (His Novel Version)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • kincadekincade Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I have a feeling it will be a woman, and "The Property Of A Lady" will finally be used as the title

I'd like that a lot, actually.
    James Spader has been getting a lot of work lately--a supporting role in Lincoln, starring in the TV series The Blacklist, "playing" (through motion-capture and voice) the evil Ultron in the upcoming Avengers sequel--and I was thinking he could make an interesting villain. His deadpan, mocking delivery; his slimy-but-compelling persona. . .I could see it.
    Vox clamantis in deserto