Bond vs nazi

2»

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond Vs Simon Cowell

Thats the rumours ive heard!!

Oh no!!!! The one foe even Bond can't defeat! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Simon could hold a compitetion to find the next best hired killer to go
    up against Bond. :#

" to kill has been a dream of mine all my life "
    " this is my one chance to be the best, I'm on a journey " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    What if something more creative (than simply German Nazis) were considered like a neo-Fascist in Italy or one of the smaller European Countries? We have Golden Dawn in Greece for example. Or a neo-Stalinist in Russia for that matter. Or a neo-Arrow Cross Fascist in Hungary?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    The far right are always great as villains, and as you say SM. They can be any nationality
    Infact some of the extreme right wing republicans in America, actually scare me, I dread
    to think what might happen if they got power. :#
    I found it funny the other night watching "Our Man Flint" in which the head of the secret
    service is constantly "Bugged" and kept under watch bt the president :D , as in only a few
    years time Richard M Nixon would be in trouble for doing similar surveillance on people and
    recording phone calls.
    sometimes Art, imitates Life. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    please no nazi-****! It'd be nice to leave this dark hour in the past!
    the way they handled it in AVTAK is just as far as they can go
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    please no nazi-****! It'd be nice to leave this dark hour in the past!
    the way they handled it in AVTAK is just as far as they can go

I agree, so if you read my post above you will see that I offered a more creative approach... :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I love the Nazi's as villains, one of my favourite episodes of
    The New Avengers, was about a small group surviving on an
    Island off Cornwall, keeping Hilter in a coma until he could be
    revived.
    Not to everyone's taste but great " shorthand " visually.
    Yep ! That's what happenef. I habe thr New Avengers on dvd ;)
    I also liked the idea behind " The boys from Brazil "
    Yep ! That's what happenef. I habe thr New Avengers on dvd ;)
    I also liked the idea behind " The boys from Brazil "

A friend told me about that Hitler episode in a letter as a child but I don't think I've ever seen it sadly. I have seen The Boys From Brazil though - great stuff.

John Gardner returned to the neo-Nazis as villains in Icebreaker (1983) and SeaFire (1994) too. -{
    Although I do agree SM, they can be given a twist
    ( if they weren't twisted enough ;) )
    They could have changed moved into business and begun to
    control governments, pulling the strings in secret.
    Or something they invented during the war is now needed by
    every government ( usual maguffin) .
    Although I do agree SM, they can be given a twist
    ( if they weren't twisted enough ;) )
    They could have changed moved into business and begun to
    control governments, pulling the strings in secret.
    Or something they invented during the war is now needed by
    every government ( usual maguffin) .

Yes, I agree that there are ways around these things to deliver something fresh to the audience or the reader. Neo-Nazi villains are rather trite and have been done a good few times before (to the death).
    Good for conspiracies though ;) some long range plan set in motion in1945 and only
    coming go a destructive finish in 2017 ;) with long term "sleeper" agents etc.
    Good for conspiracies though ;) some long range plan set in motion in1945 and only

Sounds rather like John Gardner's The Dancing Dodo (1978).
    I haven't read that one, but it shows great minds think alike ! :))
    I haven't read that one, but it shows great minds think alike ! :))

Indeed. :)) -{
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent

Alas, that plot has already been done - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - and very good it was too :)
    According to SM, John Gardner did it back in 1978. ;) and who knows
    There might be someone earlier than that. :D
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Of course Nazis are the ultimate real world villains, but I just can't think of a way to include them in a believable plot for a modern day James Bond movie. Neo or otherwise. :s

What I do like, however, is Bond's background from WW2 and how it is still very present in the earlier Fleming books. Moonraker's plot might seem ridiculous from today's perspective, but I think for the people who had lived through years of German air raids only to see their former ally the Soviet Union acquire the A-bomb soon after, the thought of a rocket attack on London was probably a genuine and comprehensible fear. (Just one example).
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Many modern films still use them. The Hunger games for instance. ;)
    If some imagination and skill is used, they can still be a very effective
    Group of villains. :)
    Infact thinking about it most sci-fi movies all seem to be set in Nazi
    Dystopian society's ? :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    Nazis are nearly the ultimate villans (nazi zombies are even more perfect :o ), but using neo nazis as movie villans would have worked better in the 1970's.
    now since I'm living in Germany and there is this "nazi-poo" going around currently I would detest to see it taking over in a Bond film
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Oh, I don't think anyone thinks they're anything but scum ( in reality)
    Although for the next few years all thrillers will have variations on
    Isis, as the villains.
    Movies need shorthand, for an audience ( not all obviously ) but it
    saves on loads of "plot" having to be explained.
    Still as with everything in life it's all personal opinion, some like them
    as villains, some don't. ;)
    I can see them as villains but just not in a Bond movie (anymore)
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Speaking of nazis, a 100 metres long nazi military train was just found in a burried tunnel in the southern Poland. The area is heavily boobytrapped, there can be gold inside, some old paintings or army prototypes. Quite a story!! :D
    MrZareba wrote:
    Speaking of nazis, a 100 metres long nazi military train was just found in a burried tunnel in the southern Poland. The area is heavily boobytrapped, there can be gold inside, some old paintings or army prototypes. Quite a story!! :D

I thought it's contents were clarified allready ?! :s
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I thought it's contents were clarified allready ?! :s

No, nobody has approached the train as for now. So it's contents are pure speculation but it's pretty thrilling :)