why use your username ?

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yeah, he did not want to explain why many people here call him 'Singe' :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    His user name is quite
    minigeff wrote:
    To bore you utterly to tears, my username comes from that fact i'm a short arse and mini fan, coupled with the fact i used to be called 'geff' at college after someone called jim got their name humourously spelt 'gym'. Jim became 'Gim', I got called 'Geff'.

So it's not microjiff, microballs, minijeff or microjiffjeffballfacewanker, it's minigeff, as in mini... Geff.

The avatar is some girl taking a good shag off a robot in some music vid that someone posted on here (hooray for iphone snapshot) and I used it cos I found it funny. har har.

Past avatarts have been marvin the android from hitchhikers guide as his mood perfectly reflects mine and angry of mayfair for the same reason. I also used a shot of Brossa gurning during the 'very talented girl' clip in GE. I might go for another change again soon, maybe something vomit inducingly christmas i suppose.

Toodles.

MG -{

Thats tame considering your real name is Singe Pasty :D sounds like something my mrs would cook :))

Sounds more like the guy trying to sell me insurance on the phone last week.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    My name is pretty self- evident as a riff on Armed and Dangerous (name the Bond film that phrase comes up in).

My avatar is the back of Bond's head from a poster which Hamleys personalised with your name as a kid, as though you were the actor playing Bond. my sister bought it for me back around '72 and I still have it hanging up at home (my family put up with a lot, y'know).
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Most of you already know this, but my username Blackleiter is a tribute to the fact that Felix Leiter was played by an African-American (like me) in Never Say Never Again, and my avatar is Bernie Casey, the actor in question. Little did I know at the time I chose my username that the tradition of having a Black Felix Leiter would continue when Bond was re-booted for the Daniel Craig era. Good move, although I missed Jeffrey Wright in SF.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It would be nice to see a bit if consistency with F Leiter for a few films. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It would be nice to see a bit if consistency with F Leiter for a few films. -{

Yes indeed! -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    My name is pretty self- evident as a riff on Armed and Dangerous (name the Bond film that phrase comes up in).

A View To A Kill? "He may be armed- and he sure is dangerous!"
    Most of you already know this, but my username Blackleiter is a tribute to the fact that Felix Leiter was played by an African-American (like me) in Never Say Never Again, and my avatar is Bernie Casey, the actor in question. Little did I know at the time I chose my username that the tradition of having a Black Felix Leiter would continue when Bond was re-booted for the Daniel Craig era. Good move, although I missed Jeffrey Wright in SF.

Seconded. Felix is Bond's equivalent in the CIA, as well as his buddy and ?best friend (the competition for that role in the books is Bill Tanner, but they've never been particularly close in the films). When Fleming created the characters in the 1950s, times were different and Felix was automatically white- nowadays, that's irrelevant (or certainly should be) and Jeffrey Wright is perhaps the best Felix ever. I look forward to his return.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

I was thinking of DAD. "Armed and very dangerous"
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Barbel wrote:
    I look forward to his return.
    Me, too. Any intelligence on whether there are any plans to bring Wright back?
  • Agent 00 FrogAgent 00 Frog Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 122MI6 Agent
    I've always enjoyed Wright as an actor outside of Bond. It's amazing how someone with such charm can play the roles he did in films like Source Code, The Ides of March, and Shaft. A true talent, here's hoping he's back for Bond 24.
    "Set your hopes up way too high, living's in the way we die"
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    640px-James_Bond-Arlington_Beech_(Daniel_Craig)_passport_National_Motor_Museum,_Beaulieu.jpg
    Any intelligence on whether there are any plans to bring Wright back?

Not as yet. :#
    Barbel wrote:

Dead right! -{
    Barbel wrote:

I was thinking of DAD. "Armed and very dangerous"

Both right (only I'd forgotten the DAD one)! -{
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    I'll give you guys one good guess how I came up with my username...
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
    I'll give you guys one good guess how I came up with my username...

You hate george lazenby?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Wanted to be Mallory but it was already being used, so Mr Mallory. :)
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Jarvis is my surname. Why I added the O instead of the S I don't really know...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Once again, all interesting to know. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Excellent topic this!

To most of my family and friends I am a big Sci Fi geek, and that is how I found Bond. Everyone thinks Star Trek is the top of my tree, so when they lean my favorite vehicle is Thunderbird 2, and how much I love the series and its characters, the look on their faces is priceless!
    Beyond that, the aircraft, and the series it comes from reflects my personality. - To help others where I can, to use my skills for good, and surprising strong for my size. (Or so I have been told!)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Excellent topic this!

To most of my family and friends I am a big Sci Fi geek, and that is how I found Bond. Everyone thinks Star Trek is the top of my tree, so when they lean my favorite vehicle is Thunderbird 2, and how much I love the series and its characters, the look on their faces is priceless!
    Beyond that, the aircraft, and the series it comes from reflects my personality. - To help others where I can, to use my skills for good, and surprising strong for my size. (Or so I have been told!)

Personally, 2's my favourite as well. I think it's because with all the pods and kit inside it actually did something. 1 just flew fast and the only thing to come out of it was a desk! 3 just buggered off into space, 4 was hardly used and could only go underwater and 5 was a saucepan in space with some bloke listening to the news inside it...BORING!! :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    TB2 was my favourite too. There was just something about the way it launched, with the cliff face descending and the palm tress folding down and the ramp and the exhaust-catcher thing (you know what I mean) that was just brilliant.
    +1 for TB2, just loved it as a kid. Like many I had the toy, it and mySpace 1999 eagle -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

Will be good if Leiter appears in the next film!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Ammo08 was my call sign in the USAF. I worked in munitions maintenance and one of my jobs was delivering bombs, cannon shells, missiles etc to the F-4E fighter bombers...still one of my favorite jobs.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    I'm a Star Trek fan as well a being a James Bond fan. When I first registered, without checking for availability, I guessed that the name "Commander Bond" would have been taken, and being a Bond forum, having a user name "Commander Bond" wouldn't really be original. My favourite ship from Star Trek is he U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205, hence the name.

Incidentally, my username on TrekSpace is Commander Bond :)

As for my avatar, it's the previous generation Bentley Continental GT in gunmetal grey which I spotted in Hong Kong. As Bentley is the original Bond car, I thought that would be a very appropriate avatar. Hopefully the producers will put the cinematic Bond back in a Bentley where he belongs.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    Some nice stories guys. -{ , I'm no expert but I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan myself. {[]
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    My name has unexciting origins -it was the name of the first street that I lived in

It does rather sound like the sort of name that a butler would have in movies
    I must be dreaming
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    A character from my favourite book:"Gates of fire" by Steven Pressfield"
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT