Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:
    That is definitely the Seamaster Professional 300. Doesn't look like an Aqua Terra or Planet Ocean. Good choice Mr Bond.

Are you 100% positive?

Absolutely. Just look at the model on the website. It's definitely that watch. Don't know what the second watch everyone is referring to could be. But that's a great choice.

I can see the resemblance. I'm just not sure. I'm staring at the pictures now lol.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Picked up some intel this afternoon that I thought I would pass along...

- Daniel Craig is wearing as many as 5 watches during production specifically to throw everyone off; so expect more distance shots that cause confusion

Take it for what it's worth...
    Why would they care that much? its not like we wont find out sooner or later.
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent

- Daniel Craig is wearing as many as 5 watches during production specifically to throw everyone off; so expect more distance shots that cause confusion

Why would they care that much? its not like we wont find out sooner or later.

No idea unless they're uncertain which one they want to promote later. Seems counterintuitive to me.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Patience is a virtue.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent

- One of the LE watches is the Aqua Terra 8500 Master Co-Axial with BLACK face...
    - There is another LE and it's expected to be the 300
    - There will be several 'at a glance' moments on the 2 watches in the movie - depending when it was shot and what watch was actually on the wrist, the editors take care of it in post-production.
    - Early expectations are that we should see "quite a bit of screen time" with the 300

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Assuming they're making limited editions based on the watches worn in the film then yes.

LOL. I must've missed a meeting. I didn't realize there was confirmation that the Omega Aqua Terra and Seamaster 300 were the watches featured in the movie. Very cool! -{

Wait a second...Omega has released several "Bond" watches that were not in the movies, so let's not jump to any conclusions.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    I doubt he is wearing 5 watches to put us off the trail, I mean once the film is complete you will normally always see on every scene one of the two Omegas, not some random one!

Besides the first official photo from Skyfall a few months into shooting was a high resolution pic of DC on the motorbike with the PO on full display!

Quite simply and coincidentally they are filming winter scenes where he is currently covered up and too far away from the press
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

:))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

:))

Great, lets all do the same for the next week !!! :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I doubt he is wearing 5 watches to put us off the trail, I mean once the film is complete you will normally always see on every scene one of the two Omegas, not some random one!

Besides the first official photo from Skyfall a few months into shooting was a high resolution pic of DC on the motorbike with the PO on full display!

Quite simply and coincidentally they are filming winter scenes where he is currently covered up and too far away from the press

I was wondering if they will release a similar thing for spectre the other day. I think it'll be the seamaster 300 as the main watch if I'm honest. I just hope there's no polished centre links!
    Sadly I think looking at Omegas new collection that Polished Centre Links are a given!
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sadly I think looking at Omegas new collection that Polished Centre Links are a given!

I see they have also released a collection of Nato's. Would be awesome if they used one of them.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff
    Tried to merge both of the Bond watch threads in this forum - like everything at AJB, it ain't that simple ! I apologise if this action has upset the thread (or anybody) in anyway...please try and continue as best you can

Thank you for your patience and understanding -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I am absolutely on Team Bremont right now. My dealings with the company have been an excellent example of fantastic customer service... or in my case "customer-to-be" service.
    They quite humbly point out that the core of their range begins with an excellent Swiss movement, but with many additions and customisations, improvements and the design being in house at Henley-on -Thames, and now all of Bremont's chronometers are fully assembled in Henley.
    Living down under it is rare I get misty eyed for UK luxury brands (apart from my shoes... and my thirst to get an Aston Martin before I am too damn old to really enjoy it). But Bremont have really impressed me with their care, design and overall brand ethos.
    Bring on the day I put in an order for an MBIII. The watch James Bond really should be wearing :007)

Still only the five in one sitting... -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited February 2015
    herbie123 wrote:
    Also Bremont claims to have links with the armed forces.

marketing rubbish.....

edited February 2015
    Alec 006 wrote:
    I am absolutely on Team Bremont right now......

Bremont fans make sure to check this out:

There is a very good information re. Bremont here:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/introducing-the-bremont-wright-flyer
    (make sure that you are reading the comments*)

To me, it's a bunch of Marketing people, who have invested in a name and a marketing budget with a lot of promises which they can't keep at all and when being caught: "oops, we did not know- we have been naive and proud - this is all a misunderstanding".

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/video-bremont-co-founder-nick-english-responds-to-questions-about-new-movement
    (read also the comments)

Their nastiest move was to put a mini-mini-piece of cloth (supposedly from the Wright plane - wouldn't suprise me if it was a random underwear fabric) in the rotor and selling it for silly prices as a limited aviation-themed Edition.

There is no comparison with Aston Martin and such brands.

* "These Bremont posts are unreal. What a completely worthless brand. A bunch of fakes cashing in on the current watch crazy by producing "limited" pieces with conjured story lines and absolutely no provenance.

"Hey, look at me guys! I own a 1mm x 2mm piece of the original Wright Flyer! And I only paid £19,000 for it!"

If you ask me it's a spit in the face of the Wright brothers'. These were men who were true innovators. Real men who worked for a living and would punch whatever sucker would pay that much for such a low caste watch.

The in-house movement swindle had me rolling on the floor. Not surprised from some quasi-brand trying to make a quick buck. Hodinkee, please spare us. I'd rather buy 1,900 Timex watches. Whoever buys one of these is the definition of a bourgeois tool."

They actually claim on their website that the MB1 model watch can only be purchased by those who've ejected from an aeroplane in a Martin Baker seat - very limited market then!

They then go on to claim that the movement is magnetically shielded with a soft iron Faraday cage, but yet there's an open day/date window which will render the Faraday cage useless.

A final claim is that the MB1 has a "Bremont moulded and skeletised decorated rotor" - not that anyone can see it through the solid steel case back!

Pure marketing hype. They're selling a lifestyle, not a decent timepiece to rival even the most modest Omega, Rolex or Breathing models.

I don't want to check Bremont's webpage because it will make me angry - BUT

if they are speaking about a Farraday Cage they proove again that Bremont don't know an a from an arse!
    The purpose of a Faraday Cage is to block external static and non-static electric fields.

This has not much to do with magnetism and you can't use a Faraday Cage to block magnetism.

For that purpose you need a Soft Iron Casing or all moving movement parts must be amagnetic.

So a mganetic shield in a watch consists of a soft-iron dial, a soft-iron ring and a soft-iron cap on the bottom and this has nothing to do with that mesh type Faraday Cage.

And The Commander is right: These type of watches (Rolex Milgauss, IWC Mark X) don't have a Date opening in the dial.

Not sure if the Ingenieur has a Soft Iron Date Disk though

• Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Can not even the Supermarine S2000 melt your icy exterior Higgins? :)

The trouble with Rolex, in Sydney at least, is that two out of three second-hand car dealers seem to have one strapped to their wrist. So it leaves a bit of a Del Boy Trotter taste in the mouth.

The spy spoof Kingsman: The Secret Service features Bremont... on a side note, a good fun film.

Sure, given the budget I'd have a nice Planet Ocean, a Sea Dweller and a Milgauss on my bedside cabinet... I think I would still give the MBIII Bremont a place too though, bourgeois tool or not.

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ Not going to get to six anytime soon
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    Being a Brit the Bremont tale really is romantic and a great read, i.e. what better then a British watch maker! Even some of the designs are nice, personally I like the world timer! However after doing some digging etc things do not appear as they seem.

Dont want to dig it up again but the Wright Brother Ltd edition saga was a bit of a shocker, reminded me of the Panerai New York scandal. How can you trust them after this? Nick (or was it Giles) from Bremont explained that they misinterpreted the term "in-House" however that makes it even more dodgy, how can a watchmaker NOT know what in-house means?

I think there is also some internet debate on the brand name "Bremont" which if I remember rightly is the name of the French Farmer whose field they crashed their plane in. Im not doubting this but it seems a lot of people think this "Bremont" guy does not exist and its a bit of a romantic fairytale.

One thing is for sure they are doing pretty well. I read that they sell more watches in US then at home in Europe too.

Will be interesting to see if they meet their goal of making a watch 100% in UK

Its a brand that intrigues me due to their marketing but more so due to the controversy so far.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,170MI6 Agent
    I agree Welshboy. I wanted a Bremont after first seeing one on Bear Grylls' wrist, and like you, as a stiff arsed Brit was very intrigued by the company. Unfortunately, the controversy has put me off them as beautiful as many of their watches are. I think it will take a few years for them to regain this lost respect.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    edited February 2015
    Alec 006 wrote:
    Can not even the Supermarine S2000 melt your icy exterior Higgins? :)

The trouble with Rolex, in Sydney at least, is that two out of three second-hand car dealers seem to have one strapped to their wrist. So it leaves a bit of a Del Boy Trotter taste in the mouth.

Sure, given the budget I'd have a nice Planet Ocean, a Sea Dweller and a Milgauss on my bedside cabinet... I think I would still give the MBIII Bremont a place too though, bourgeois tool or not.

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ Not going to get to six anytime soon

Ha, that obviously is the watch with the "Faraday cage" - what a nonsense.

I partly understand your argument with the second-hand car dealers.

But: I am still wearing Lacoste Poloshirts (croc removed) because they are still the best mesh Poloshirts on the market - no matter if they are 80's and a lot of silly people still wear them - regardless of the fakes.

Look, even a stupid knucklehead like Asp9mm here on AJB is wearing a Rolex - it does not keep me away from the brand.

To me, Bremont is just a generic designer brand from 2 pretty London-Boys who are blowing a lot of hot air and are stirring even that. There is nothing substantial in their brand if you are leaving the marketing-blah blah out and their prices are simply insane.

I personally like their aviator-inspired designs but that applies to some Fossil watches as well.

If you like the aviation Theme, check IWC, Zenith and others - if you want to diffrentiate slightly from the car-dealers (80% of them are still wearing fakes in my experience) - get a Sea Dweller 4000 or a GMT.

Omega is still a very good alternative to Rolex, though I don't really like that blue AT in SF.

But you won't get my blessings for buying a Bremont ;)

welshboy78 wrote:
    ? Nick (or was it Giles) from Bremont explained that they misinterpreted the term "in-House" however that makes it even more dodgy, how can a watchmaker NOT know what in-house means?

Here is the interview

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/video-bremont-co-founder-nick-english-responds-to-questions-about-new-movement

and you can virtually see Nick's nose growing every second.

"We are so proud" "We've been naive"

I mean, who really believes that kind of crap?

Well they are certainly aiming high with their pricing, I guess a good marketing trick to put you in the luxury big boy bracket! Some of their Ltd Editions are well into the £20K bracket

Never seen one in the flesh to comment on quality, I hear great things about their customer service but also seem alarmed how many people have used their service centre with fairly new models already!
    edited February 2015
    I read more about this and revise my earlier limited understandings of anti-magnetic watches.

This intrigues me though... seems a bit too easy no? http://forums.watchuseek.com/f8/antimagnetic-date-window-1044324.html
    Oscar Wilde
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    This thread is a mess. What loon messed with it :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:

It has rather wandered off-topic. :)

Right SPECTRE... Who here likes Bond movies? Who likes Bond books? :))

There, that should put it safely back on-topic. Oh yeah, watches... erm... it'll be an Omega and I can't afford one... bugger X-(

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    Oscar Wilde
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I like Bond movies. And mashed potatoes!

As for the watches - is it possible for a vintage Omega to cost less than 500 quid? There are some eBay listings of the, so called, pre-bond seamaster for less than that, but I also found guys selling them for well above 1000 so I'm not sure whether these are knock off's or not. That's my first Omega I'm aiming at right there!
    Alec 006 wrote:

Just a point of accuracy here Gents...

... As you say that:
    Alec 006 wrote:
    A Day/Date window in no way interferes with the effectiveness of a faraday cage in a watch.
    of course it does affect the magnetic shield!
    Alec 006 wrote:
    faraday cage
    It's not a Faraday Cage! Do you even read other's posts?

Alec 006 wrote:
    The cage encloses the complete movement behind the watch face, the date numbers are in effect just controlled by another hand, such as the hour, minutes, seconds, GMT etc.
    also wrong! The day/date in the mentioned Bremont Supermarine are displayed on disks.
    And these need a window on the dial.

Asp9mm wrote:

Sir Miles was the loon - merging 2 threads without really merging them 8-)

• hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    as long as he is wearing omega in spectre... which of course he is...and it's not a slash label maker telling him to report to HQ...I'm in!
    I'm motivated by my duty