Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:
    That is definitely the Seamaster Professional 300. Doesn't look like an Aqua Terra or Planet Ocean. Good choice Mr Bond.

Are you 100% positive?

Absolutely. Just look at the model on the website. It's definitely that watch. Don't know what the second watch everyone is referring to could be. But that's a great choice.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:
    That is definitely the Seamaster Professional 300. Doesn't look like an Aqua Terra or Planet Ocean. Good choice Mr Bond.

Are you 100% positive?

From those images, it's impossible to be certain, you can hardly make anything out. All we can get is personal opinions based upon personal perceptions from the pictures we've seen so far. This happened last time with people claiming it's definitely a DeVille, and look what happened.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

Are you 100% positive?
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Yes, based on the polished centre links and style of the bracelet, the Thames boat watch can only be a version of the AT, or the Seamaster 300 - we know the bracelet links look virtually the same. AT would be my guess, if someone put a gun to my head.
    Unfortunately, the shots from the Austria filming just aren't good enough to guess the model of watch, at all, based on what I've seen.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I see. Hopefully we see clearer images soon! The Thames watch I'm fairly certain is the AT. However the watch he's wearing in other scenes appears to be alot bigger.
    Holden wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

The watch will be probably activated by the XPERIA smartphone - seems like this is the only reasonable explanation for two product tie-ins separated by seconds.

Nope - Bond's phone will be used as a phone and he gives Moneypenny a new one.

Interesting... Must mean Moneypenny is in the field again...
    edited January 2015
    Quite possibly, unless any of us can identify the watches from any more filming that takes place. As I said earlier, I have no information on the models used, but like others on the forum, know what happens scene by scene for the entire film (subject to any further EON changes since mid-November). The scenes filmed so far, appear to agree exactly with what I've expected to see.
    Err, no......but the information is out there, if you search for it ;)
    Holden, am I going to have to wait until the films released before I go watch shopping?
    MrZareba wrote:

The watch will be probably activated by the XPERIA smartphone - seems like this is the only reasonable explanation for two product tie-ins separated by seconds.

Nope - Bond's phone will be used as a phone and he gives Moneypenny a new one.
    No she's not.......although Q is, in a way.
    Holden wrote:
    No she's not.......although Q is, in a way.

Hhmmmm.....perhaps a handoff in the office (Wonder if they'll be using the Universal Exports cover) or Q's lab. Q, as he hates to fly...wonder if he shows up as a virtual presence in the DB10...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    That's not the point!

You can link to the full image size here on the forum.
    When clicking on your thumbnail with my ipad I am getting an advertisement and then the ad- spammed full image.

With a little work you can link the full size image directly on AJB and save everyone the extra work and annoyance.

The image in your signature isn't full size.

I prefer the thumbnail because it helps the page load faster without the large images.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I like the sound of that Holden! Hopefully it's the vintage SMP with a few new features !
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I got scared after I read Holden's post... I said before - gadgets like that seem goofy nowadays in my opinion, the line from Skyfall about not doing explosive pens anymore is another thing. Craig's Bond was meant to be different, he meant to be the chosen one in my eyes - the guy who could lift a movie without a laser watch or an Aston with rockets. If they will go back to Brosnan era gadgets then I'm dead.

Don't forget, there's the DB10, as well.
    Holden wrote:
    Don't forget, there's the DB10, as well.

Excellent point. And, given that it was introduced as a virtual member of the cast no doubt we can expect a memorable and outstanding performance from the DB10. Put all of that together with the new henchman that is supposed to present as more of a consistent threat to Bond, a la Jaws, this is shaping up to be fantastic movie!
    Holden wrote:
    Bond is apparently given a new watch with an alarm that when activated blows up the watch - used in a key scene later in the film.

We don't go in for exploding pens any more 007, but.....

So, the question is, how is the alarm timer set?.......through a rotating bezel?.....through the crown?
    Will this be an existing Omega with a gadget, like the Brosnan era Seamasters, or will Omega be actually producing a watch with a working alarm??

Thanks, Holden - very cool! I was wondering if they would end up leveraging Q-Branch a little more this go 'round. Nice to see they're looking to do this via the watch. From the photos I can't tell if it's an altogether different kind of watch (Omega or other). Make sense regarding the transition - probably begins in the AT and then, once he has his orders and visit with Q, transitions to something more appropriate. Will be exciting to see!

Again, thanks much Holden. -{
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Any links to the official omega nato straps?
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Any idea if omega or the production company are releasing official images anytime soon?

Official Bond watch announcement will be at Baselworld in late March. The new Omega NATO range doesn't feature a 19mm strap - which is what the new Seamaster 300 would need. So unless they are doing a special Bond only release later in the year the existing range wouldn't allow for a SE300 with a NATO.

Plus, the pics so far show a bracelet.

edit: there is a 19mm NATO but it's a light tan leather. Not a solid or striped fabric.

Are you sure on that? I was told the fabric ones would fit anything from 19-22mm.
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    Any idea if omega or the production company are releasing official images anytime soon?

Official Bond watch announcement will be at Baselworld in late March. The new Omega NATO range doesn't feature a 19mm strap - which is what the new Seamaster 300 would need. So unless they are doing a special Bond only release later in the year the existing range wouldn't allow for a SE300 with a NATO.

Plus, the pics so far show a bracelet.

edit: there is a 19mm NATO but it's a light tan leather. Not a solid or striped fabric.
    Bond is apparently given a new watch with an alarm that when activated blows up the watch - used in a key scene later in the film.

We don't go in for exploding pens any more 007, but.....

So, the question is, how is the alarm timer set?.......through a rotating bezel?.....through the crown?
    Will this be an existing Omega with a gadget, like the Brosnan era Seamasters, or will Omega be actually producing a watch with a working alarm??
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Not really.
    These thumbnails have become a real pain - particularly thru postimg.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    yes :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Holden, when you have time, please continue :) -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    That's not the point!

When clicking on your thumbnail with my ipad I am getting an advertisement and then the ad- spammed full image.

With a little work you can link the full size image directly on AJB and save everyone the extra work and annoyance.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    That's not the point!

Some one is a bit cranky... :(
    Shocking...
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Nope - click thumbnail to open the image in a new window, then click on that to see full size. No extraneous advertising on my laptop. I could link to my Photobucket account, but I've uploaded the original res photos via the forum's own uploading tool, selecting 'don't resize'.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS