Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Personally I think it's the new AT large not mid size version would be an obvious link he wore one last time in Skyfall same as the PO time before from QOS (not same watch but the updated version).

Cheers
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Rounded up some images of the 'old new' seamaster. From the images we've soon it's a fairly close match.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    It's not a PO with that strap. New Seamster 300 (my guess) or an AT still possible.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Higgins wrote:
    Planet Ocean or new-old Seamaster Professional

image.jpg

New old seamaster more than the planet ocean. Planet ocean strap has more curvature to it I think. If it's the new old seamaster I think birthday present next year may have been decided lol
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Planet Ocean or new-old Seamaster Professional

image.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm has weighed in and he is spot on with these things. We don't know yet and Omega has little to do with the actual selection. My connections within Omega said they were pushing for the Seamaster 300, but they haven't been told the final decision. (Or they are sworn to secrecy)
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Slightly better version but still inconclusive.
    image.jpg

The torture continues. Managed to find this photo - best one yet of the watch face. But, just as fuzzy as all the others. Thoughts? Theories? Is there a 'Q' out there that can enhance this and give us a positive ID in the model....? lol
    I'm trying to find some more/clearer pictures and getting no where.

Ditto; I've scoured the web and nothing. So, I bought my girlfriend an Aqua Terra as a distraction.

That's a great idea! Lol

Ditto; I've scoured the web and nothing. So, I bought my girlfriend an Aqua Terra as a distraction.
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Thanks 9mm
    You meant the new "vintage" SMP right? the one on the omega website? or a really old version ? like a collectors version?

http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/presentation/seamaster-300-master-coaxial
    how much is this one
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    He wore a proper vintage one. Not the reissue
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't it be cool if Craig was wearing just some crappy Chinese watch in all these pictures and laughing his butt off right now while reading this?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Maybe his watch is not ready from Omega yet and in that scene no watch is supposed to be seen on film :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Also these scene may only take up seconds on screen ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think maybe Thunderpussy!
    @peppermil hahahahahaha :)) :)) :)) exactly!!! Ive been browsing with no further info and checking ajb every 1 hour hahahaha
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    We should have a poll on this thread Seamaster 300 or Aqua Terra.

Personally I think it looks like the Aqua Terra- I own the Aqua Terra Skyfall Version and looked at it from that angle and it looks spot on.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Based on this I think we can safely say polished center links. So, gotta be AT Master Co-Axial or Seamaster 300. Based on some of the other photos I'm betting on the AT.

Thoughts?
    Def SMP 300
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Daniel Craig did wear the 300m smp during the press conference right?
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    A vintage one, yes.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    spectreriverthames0018.jpg

Another poor quality shot but seems to lend a little more heft to the AT theory... Anyone?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    If I had to make a call based on that picture, it would be the AT!
    I really don't know. I think either watch is a good selection. The inside sources are probably a good contact to have lol. Would DC have a say? For example these are the options omega have given you which one do you want? Given how he Perosnally wanted the AT. That being said I imagine he would want it again? Some clearer pics soon will really help.
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    how rude!
    I have a really strong feeling there will be 2 or 3 watches , and the AT from skyfall will be one of them for sure - and maybe the other one will be the seamaster vintage - since its one of the newest omega watches
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Based on this I think we can safely say polished center links. So, gotta be AT Master Co-Axial or Seamaster 300. Based on some of the other photos I'm betting on the AT.

Thoughts?
  • bondjamesbondjames Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    I still think 300 Master coaxial. Particularly based on the relative flatness of the profile in that last pic. The AT appears to so higher, despite it being thinner. Proportions.

It's the first new Omega case design in years so if they are paying to put their watch in a movie, this will be the one. Despite its flaws, I like the idea, because the Planet Ocean was always too 'tool' and the AT too dressy.

They have been having problems since they moved away from the Seamaster 300m (last seen in CR) since that is still the best 'combo' style watch they make, like the Rolex sub it can be worn anywhere. Even though I wear Omega personally, I believe the Sub is still the ultimate watch for Bond. & they should go back to that one day

It will not be the AT Master co-axial, at least not officially. That case design is too old and not different enough from the one in SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Seamaster 300, whilst Omega dont have the power, films are a marketing tool and as such, a version similar to the AT 38mm from Skyfall will work a treat...

Bad news for the wallet and watchwinder, great news on all other counts.

Could also be AT to begin thw film (Skyfall link etc) SMP for mission. Both CR and SF featured 2 styles !!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.