Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Second photo is full size - I've used the forum 'Add image to post' tool, linking to a 5184×2714 pixel image on my Macbook Pro.

What_Bond_adventure_might_he_embarking_now.jpg

You're obviously doing something wrong:

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Don't want to give away too many spoilers at once......

And I don't know what the actual models of watch are yet.
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Well, speaking for myself of course, I greatly appreciate as much information as you're able / willing to share. Anytime.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Same here. I'm interested to know more than worrying about spoilers.
    Holden wrote:
    There is a watch change and it's not far after the Thames boat trip. ;)
    Go on..... Tell me more.....
    There is a watch change and it's not far after the Thames boat trip. ;)
    From what I gather it'll be the AT and the SMP 300. Which in my opinion is a waste of time. I appreciate the regenerating of bonds character but is he really going to wear a watch that doesn't have a date window? Unless omega release a new one? Not denying it's a nice piece though! Personally I prefer the AT.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Hmm maybe the glove line etc giving a rectangle impression
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Agreed on the faux square appearance. It's a combo of poor quality, coat and glove. Thankfully no one said Bullhead! That would spawn a thread for sure.

If you look at all of the pictures available to-date, I'd say they predominantly support the AT and, in a few cases, the Seamaster 300. There is clearly a strap change, if not a watch change, in the movie. My theory is he starts with the AT and transitions.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Bond's face saying "AWWWW YIIIIIIISSSS", while Tanner's face saying "OH, CRAP, HELL NO...", whatever the two are looking at. :))
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Second photo is full size - I've used the forum 'Add image to post' tool, linking to a 5184×2714 pixel image on my Macbook Pro.

Here's another angle - might be a trick of the shine from the casing, but it almost looks like a rectangular face!!

1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    It looks big and the hands look big!!

Think its still too early to say but like others have said I reckon its a large Aqua Terra
    welshboy78 wrote:
    It looks big and the hands look big!!

Think its still too early to say but like others have said I reckon its a large Aqua Terra

Agreed - it looks like the watch is reading 7 o'clock from the enlargement - on the day the filming took place here in England, neither 7am or 7pm would give this light, so it looks like continuity department have altered the time on the watch to match the time of the scene - nice attention to detail!!
    :)) I don't think there's any chance that it won't be an Omega......but when Bond is 'supplied' with a watch, it always has a trick from Q department 'up its sleeve'.
    edited January 2015
    Just come across this photo:

Daniel_Craig_James_Bond_himself_glided_Rory_Kinnear_who_zps1f99c5a6.jpg

Does it give us any more clues to the identity of the Thames watch?

Close up here:

Daniel_Craig_James_Bond_himself_glided_Rory_Kinn.jpg
    Based on recent pictures we know there are 2 watches. The one in the Thames is clearly different from the one shown in the woods with the downed plane.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Picked up some intel this afternoon that I thought I would pass along...

- Daniel Craig is wearing as many as 5 watches during production specifically to throw everyone off; so expect more distance shots that cause confusion

Take it for what it's worth...
    Why would they care that much? its not like we wont find out sooner or later.

It's a way to control marketing the watches. Omega wants to be in control.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Ultimately we need some clearer pictures of filming other than the Thames. That'll clear up the watch he will be issued by Q. Excellent product placement there, creating the bond q scene to give time to the product. Would be nice to have the watch to wear to the screening!
    Stefan wrote:
    On the weekend, I heard an interesting bit of information from one of the owner's of Lenkersdorfer, one of the authorized dealers of Rolex and Omega to name a few here in Virginia. Apparently (MINOR SPOILER) after the opening credits, Bond will take a ride with Tanner on the Thames to Q's work shop, where he is given his new watch with an alarm. He was very specific and seeing as how we have already seen images of a portion of this sequence being filmed, I think it is a given that there will be two watches in the movie.

I am just passing along what I heard, as I found it interesting. I am not attempting to say or imply I have any insider information. It is interesting to see this information matching what Holden has mentioned.

Very cool - thanks for sharing, Stefan. It all seems to be lining up thanks to you and Holden. As Mexico is the locale for the PTS, must be the Aqua Terra there, or post PTS until the workshop scene. Then the AT transitions to the 300. Wonder if the 300 starts out as a bracelet and then switches to strap of it's strap from the jump. Guessing the latter.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    On the weekend, I heard an interesting bit of information from one of the owner's of Lenkersdorfer, one of the authorized dealers of Rolex and Omega to name a few here in Virginia. Apparently (MINOR SPOILER) after the opening credits, Bond will take a ride with Tanner on the Thames to Q's work shop, where he is given his new watch with an alarm. He was very specific and seeing as how we have already seen images of a portion of this sequence being filmed, I think it is a given that there will be two watches in the movie.

I am just passing along what I heard, as I found it interesting. I am not attempting to say or imply I have any insider information. It is interesting to see this information matching what Holden has mentioned.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Assuming they're making limited editions based on the watches worn in the film then yes.

LOL. I must've missed a meeting. I didn't realize there was confirmation that the Omega Aqua Terra and Seamaster 300 were the watches featured in the movie. Very cool! -{

You work for Omega by any chance?

I do work in marketing; hi-tech, not horology. Though if it got me a better discount I'd happily consider working for Omega.
    Assuming they're making limited editions based on the watches worn in the film then yes.

LOL. I must've missed a meeting. I didn't realize there was confirmation that the Omega Aqua Terra and Seamaster 300 were the watches featured in the movie. Very cool! -{

You work for Omega by any chance?

Paperbill wrote:
    The only inside information I have is regarding the LE Spectre watches. Aqua Terra 41.5 MM and Seamaster 300 on Nato strap

Wait, what? So is this confirmation that those are the 2 Omega models used in the film?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    The only inside information I have is regarding the LE Spectre watches. Aqua Terra 41.5 MM and Seamaster 300 on Nato strap
    In this day and age of no secrets and 24-hour everything, surely 'someone knows someone that knows someone' that can get us some real intel on the watch models... Anyone? -{
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:
    That is definitely the Seamaster Professional 300. Doesn't look like an Aqua Terra or Planet Ocean. Good choice Mr Bond.

Are you 100% positive?

From those images, it's impossible to be certain, you can hardly make anything out. All we can get is personal opinions based upon personal perceptions from the pictures we've seen so far. This happened last time with people claiming it's definitely a DeVille, and look what happened.

You are right ASP!
    Holden wrote:
    'Cos it's a damm fine looking piece! :D

Craig prefers smaller sports watches (by today's standards) based on his own personal collection and I think he had an earlier version of the AT, as part of that.

The PO from the PTS was also made in titanium, I presume, to make it less bulky feeling for the action scenes - maybe that was at Craig's request?

I'm a little surprised if in Spectre, he's having to wear larger watches, like the 41mm AT, which wears quite a bit bigger than the 38.5mm and the Seamaster 300, which has very long, flat lugs, making it wear large. Both wear bigger than the original 42mm PO IMO.
    He may not have been given a choice this time, though!

You're spot on, Holden. The only thing making me think one of them is likely to be the AT Master Co-Axial is a couple of the photos out there from the Thames shoot looked an awful lot like the watch has that same dark blue face. But, again, distance and less than optimal pictures... who knows. He could be wearing almost anything.