Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the information. Has the Skyfall 38.5mm been discontinued yet then ?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    The 39mm blue Aqua Terra has been replaced by a 39mm Master Co-axial model. Very similar but it has a more understated date window and the bracelet has the "two tone" effect of polished centre links.

The only confirmation of the colour of the 42mm Aqua Terra are the paparazzi pics and it is possible it could be black however the blue dial is currently a "hero" piece for OMEGA and would nicely dcho the stylised blue coat of arms dial featured on the Spectre limited edition piece currently on sale.

There would be no logical reason for OMEGA to promote the 15,000 gauss black/yellow model as it is over a year old and contains superseded technology (the new master coaxial movement features the same gauss resistance with even more features) so it wouldn't really promote OMEGAs cutting edge tech.

This all said OMEGA have officially announced nothing yet, as mentioned.
    I was of the understanding that both 39mm were still available from Omega at present (old Skyfall plus new master co-axial) unless they were just running down existing stock (this was from a discussion I had with my dealer about Omega and Bond recently)
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    The 39mm blue Aqua Terra has been replaced by a 39mm Master Co-axial model. Very similar but it has a more understated date window and the bracelet has the "two tone" effect of polished centre links.

The only confirmation of the colour of the 42mm Aqua Terra are the paparazzi pics and it is possible it could be black however the blue dial is currently a "hero" piece for OMEGA and would nicely dcho the stylised blue coat of arms dial featured on the Spectre limited edition piece currently on sale.

There would be no logical reason for OMEGA to promote the 15,000 gauss black/yellow model as it is over a year old and contains superseded technology (the new master coaxial movement features the same gauss resistance with even more features) so it wouldn't really promote OMEGAs cutting edge tech.

This all said OMEGA have officially announced nothing yet, as mentioned.

The only reason I suggested it be the black and yellow model is because the Limited Edition Spectre one with coat of arms has the 15,007 in yellow on it.
    I think the Ltd editions each year are getting further away from the actual watch in the movie.

Seems like the AT will be in the film for a short while (like the Skyfall PO) therefore you would think they would base one on the new Seamaster like the good ol days!
    You might find the older blue 39mm Aqua Terra at an authorised dealer but as far as OMEGA are concerned it's a "closeout" line that you won't find in a Boutique anymore.

I actually think the 15,000 gauss would make a cool watch for Bond but the way OMEGA is heavily promoting the new Master Co-axial and Master Chronometer ranges the 15,000 gauss models have kind of been forgotten.

The limited edition for Skyfall was a tarted up Planet Ocean like the vanilla version he wore in the PTS - which makes me think that because the SPECTRE limited edition is a tarted up 42mm Aqua Terra then the movie version will be the same size and model.

I have tiny wrists so I'm tee'd off they have gone for 42mm over 39mm this time around.
    I prefer the look of the 39mm AT - the proportions of the 42mm versions look funny to me
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I prefer the look of the 39mm AT - the proportions of the 42mm versions look funny to me

Agreed. Even better are the proportions on a 39mm Aqua Terra Annual Calendar - looks a little more chunkier than the date model and closer to a Rolex explorer in petite curvy coolness.
    edited June 2015
    I had the 39mm Skyfall, the dial mesmerised me but on the wrist it felt a little too small but the 42mm was not an option for me.

Its strange as I have a 39mm Rolex Explorer and it feels bigger then the Skyfall I had and wears no problem. I didn't own them at the same time though so maybe it was just my mind going nuts

I actually think the 15,000 gauss would make a cool watch for Bond but the way OMEGA is heavily promoting the new Master Co-axial and Master Chronometer ranges the 15,000 gauss models have kind of been forgotten.

PS - I thought the Seamaster 300 Master was resistant to magnetic fields greater than 15,000 gauss
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    "You will have an exact screen accurate prop."

Not necessarily. It's possible that the off the shelf watch had modifications that can't be seen from a distance.
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Will the 41.5mm Aqua Terra be purely for the PTS? I thought it would have been included for all the London scenes as well as per the spy shots.
    mudz112 wrote:
    Will the 41.5mm Aqua Terra be purely for the PTS? I thought it would have been included for all the London scenes as well as per the spy shots.

Quite possibly - I only mentioned the PTS for the 42mm AT as that's all we have seen photographed so far - although come to think of it when the first few shots of Bond and Tanner on the boat surfaced late last year we did see a very shiny bracelet so you may be right.
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

Quite possibly - I only mentioned the PTS for the 42mm AT as that's all we have seen photographed so far - although come to think of it when the first few shots of Bond and Tanner on the boat surfaced late last year we did see a very shiny bracelet so you may be right.

image.jpg
    mudz112 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

image.jpg

That's a bingo!
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Is it possible to put that NATO strap on a skyfall 38.5mm aqua terra? If so, what size strap is required?
    Is it possible to put that NATO strap on a skyfall 38.5mm aqua terra? If so, what size strap is required?

The 38.5mm Aqua Terra has 19mm lugs so if you wanted an OMEGA NATO then you'd need to get a 19-20mm band which fits but gives you a slight bulge over the springbar (the NATOs are 19.5mm wide). For a perfect fit a 19mm after-market NATO would fit better (but you don't get the OMEGA logo and they are much flimsier than the OMEGA straps).

Personally, although the only OMEGA I have is a 38.5 Aqua Terra Annual Calendar, I don't like the look of a NATO on the Aqua Terra as it detracts from the slim-line Rolex explorer simplicity of the watch design and I think NATOs look better on proper dive watches with numbered bezels - but that's just a matter of personal taste.

tumblr_lw5v9yn0qh1r4qdd8o2_500.jpg
    A 38.5 Aqua Terra on an after market NATO (Pic taken from another forum)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Thanks for the information. Has the Skyfall 38.5mm been discontinued yet then ?

A quick check around the net shows that there are still plenty of the Skyfall 38.5mm Aqua Terra's around - even though they have been officially superseded by the new master-co-axial version.

http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Aqua-Terra-Watch-231-10-42-21-03-001/dp/B00DG9MN0W/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1435237993&sr=1-7&keywords=aqua+terra&refinements=p_89%3AOmega&pebp=1435238009372&perid=1HQMCCP5ZH5WQDSWY5EV
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

Well, Bond wears the SM300 mc in Austria, Italy, Morocco and the finale.
    So the Aqua Terra is most likely this model?
    Screen_Shot_2015_06_26_at_8_32_55_AM.jpg
    Not likely; but a certainty. Omega doesn't need to "officially" confirm anything. We can see with our eyes the 2 watches Craig will be wearing in this movie.
    I just want to make sure that it's not a new model that hasn't been released to the public yet, before I pull the trigger on an Aqua Terra.
    You're safe. Go and buy it. Excellent choice by the way.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Are you going with the Skyfall Version 38.5 without polished center links or the new 41MM Spectre Version with the polished links? I own the Skyfall AT and gotto say it's an amazing looking watch esp with dress clothes/business casual.
    I just want to make sure that it's not a new model that hasn't been released to the public yet, before I pull the trigger on an Aqua Terra.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:
    Are you going with the Skyfall Version 38.5 without polished center links or the new 41MM Spectre Version with the polished links? I own the Skyfall AT and gotto say it's an amazing looking watch esp with dress clothes/business casual.

I have to say that I like the Skyfall version a lot better than the new one. First of all the bracelet looks a look 'flashier' on the new AT. The polished center links do not fit the understated design of the rest of the watch IMHO. Second, I like the white gold(?) edge around the date window on the older version better than the non-edged date window on the newer version.

All in all I would look for the Skyfall version but to each his own.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Agree, I saw both when I was in the Omega Botique the other day. They Skyfall Version looks way better. The polished links make the AT & SM300 look horrible. Omega needs to get the regular brushed links on both time pieces. Even the new PO looks horrible compate the 2500 Movement PO.
    Peppermill wrote:
    Sriram858 wrote:

I have to say that I like the Skyfall version a lot better than the new one. First of all the bracelet looks a look 'flashier' on the new AT. The polished center links do not fit the understated design of the rest of the watch IMHO. Second, I like the white gold(?) edge around the date window on the older version better than the non-edged date window on the newer version.

• sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Peppermill wrote:
    Sriram858 wrote:

I totally agree with this also. I'm wearing my Skyfall AT now, and it still looks as mesmerising as the day I first got it. The understated design of the watch and bracelet are what make it so good.
  • VilliersVilliers Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Do we know why Bond changes his watch for the later scenes? He wore an Aqua Terra for a lot of Skyfall so presumably we can assume it was who's own personal watch. Is the Seamaster on the NATO strap an homage to the early Connery films or a family heirloom? Any thoughts?
    Villiers wrote:
    Do we know why Bond changes his watch for the later scenes? He wore an Aqua Terra for a lot of Skyfall so presumably we can assume it was who's own personal watch. Is the Seamaster on the NATO strap an homage to the early Connery films or a family heirloom? Any thoughts?

I have not read the script but I've heard whispers
    its given to him by Q
    The SM300 looks awesome on the Black NATO & Black Mesh Strap that is on the Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster- Saw a 300 on that strap at the Omega Botique last week.

Wonder if Omega is ever going to fix the look of the PO to go back to the 2500 Style (Elegant and Sporty as seen in QOS with different outfits)