Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Hmm the marking on the keeper would not bother me due to the easy swap / fix

I guess no photos of the watch in the movie yet
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

I can confirm the watch work in the film is the new bezel and lollipop seconds hand model. But can't post proof without a significant spoiler.

Yep, can confirm: 1-2-3-4 bezel and lollipop hand, I am sure that I have a similar source like om3ga ;)
    3 watches on a dark background - right?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    3 watches??
    I've never done it with less than 3 watches, welshie :D

TheOmegaMan already posted the link - it's official from Omega:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/news/international-news/international-news-detail/3015

"The watch features a bi-directional, rotating diving bezel, made from black, polished ceramic, combined with a LiquidMetal® 12 hour scale, so that time can be kept with any country in the world.

Other unique features include the "lollipop" central seconds hands, as well as the 5-stripe black and grey NATO strap. On the bracelet's strap holder, the 007 gun logo has been engraved."

dcspectre3.jpg

• om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

I can confirm the watch work in the film is the new bezel and lollipop seconds hand model. But can't post proof without a significant spoiler.

Yep, can confirm: 1-2-3-4 bezel and lollipop hand, I am sure that I have a similar source like om3ga ;)
    3 watches on a dark background - right?

Boom. You got it ;)
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    A little disappointed! With almost a year of waiting and much anticipation. Goof God I'm not feeling it. Where is the 007 logo?
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
    According to a UK watch forum it has a rumoured retail price of a whopping £4900 pounds - pretty crazy considering its on NATO, unless they do some kind of 007 AT Package which allowed you to change straps e.g. maybe they will include a bracelet!!!
    How much is the normal SM 300 in the UK on a nato?

Just over 4K with Bracelet (I think it was £4100) will check now

NATO has to be bought separate
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    £4320 with the extra NATO strap. I've looked at a number of stills from the movie and the bezel to me looks like the old style
    You got any stills available to upload!? Interested to see!!

As somebody mentioned earlier, it would not surprise me at all if they only just filmed the bezel close up with the new watch
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Clarity not good there but had a look on google and looks like the one we have welshie
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Guys, Bond will wear the Standard Seamaster 300 MCA diving bezel version in the film.

Only this Limited Edition will feature the GMT Bezel and Lolipop hand to differentiate it from the standard production version (and therefore warrant the perceived value in the additional asking price).
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Guys, Bond will wear the Standard Seamaster 300 MCA diving bezel version in the film.

Only this Limited Edition will feature the GMT Bezel and Lolipop hand to differentiate it from the standard production version.

Hmm if that "3 watch" pic (discussed earlier but is a spoiler) is anything to go by then I think the LE version will feature for the closeups for sure
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I am confident he is wearing the standard version in some scenes and it will just be the close ups where we see the newr one. Bit of a shame but I would prefer a watch without 007 written all over it.

Interesting that they are sayng the strap is black and grey....
    Clarity not good there but had a look on google and looks like the one we have welshie
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Vandrell wrote:
    I am confident he is wearing the standard version in some scenes and it will just be the close ups where we see the newr one. Bit of a shame but I would prefer a watch without 007 written all over it.

The great thing about the new special edition watch is that it doesn't have 007 written all over it like the previous ones do.

Have you heard otherwise that the strap is not black and grey? Connery's strap is the one that isn't black and grey.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited August 2015
    That 3 watch pic will be a feature in the Omega brochure or Omega comms material as a "James Bond" or "SPECTRE" special page.

The AT, The standard SM300m and the Special Edition (limited to 7,007 units).

I don't understand why everyone's got their knickers in a twist - the Omega language in their marketing is abundantly clear. They are only talking about the SE.

The watch featured in the film will be the standard SM 300M MCA. It will probably not come with NATO strap as an additional Omega code (which will always have to be bought in addition (this is how Omega make money guys).

The Special Edition (SE) version will come on the NATO (with an additional 007 stamp on one of the metal keepers).
    That 3 watch pic will be a feature in the Omega brochure or Omega comms material as a "James Bond" or "SPECTRE" special page.

The AT, The standard SM300m and the Special Edition (limited to 7,007 units).

I don't understand why everyone's got their knickers in a twist - the Omega language in their marketing is abundantly clear. They are only talking about the SE.

Sorry just in case I'm misinterpreting things - have you seen the 3 watch pic / major spoiler ??

Just making sure we are on the same page so to speak.

Only this Limited Edition will feature the GMT Bezel and Lolipop hand to differentiate it from the standard production version (and therefore warrant the perceived value in the additional asking price).

I think you're wrong.
    Did you read the text of the press release in full?

Matt S wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:

The great thing about the new special edition watch is that it doesn't have 007 written all over it like the previous ones do.

Have you heard otherwise that the strap is not black and grey? Connery's strap is the one that isn't black and grey.

I thought it had 007 on the stap and some kind of SPECTRE logo on the back casing? Might have read it wrong. Not exactly all over it but I still prefer mine clean.

I was just looking for the receipt for the strap I have on my version now, I am sure it says it is navy and grey.
    Higgins wrote:

I think you're wrong.
    Did you read the text of the press release in full?

Maybe not, what part did I miss? Exactly which part of the text would suggest otherwise?
    " Now, in celebration of the new movie, fans and watch collectors will be able to buy the model worn by 007 in SPECTRE, as the OMEGA Seamaster 300 will go on sale as a limited edition. The release marks a first for the partnership; until now, only commemorative editions have been used to celebrate OMEGA's link with the franchise."

edited August 2015
    Vandrell wrote:
    I was just looking for the receipt for the strap I have on my version now, I am sure it says it is navy and grey.

From Omega site for the NATO I have: OMEGA 5-stripe black and grey nylon fabric strap with stainless steel buckle and fitted keepers.
    And to be clear - the 3-watch picture that I am speaking about shows the same model, trice the SM 300m with the hour bezel and the lollipop hand ;)

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Vandrell wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:

I thought it had 007 on the stap and some kind of SPECTRE logo on the back casing? Might have read it wrong. Not exactly all over it but I still prefer mine clean.

Yes, it has logos on the strap and case. That certainly doesn't qualify as "all over", especially when you compare it to every other Omega watch. The strap can be replaced for not much money compared to the rest of the watch, and an unworn original strap would certainly raise the value compared to a NATO strap that's been worn a lot. And a logo on the back of the case is completely hidden. For less than £200 you can convert it into a visibly non-007 watch. You can't do that with the hideous AT: http://www.omegawatches.com/baselworld-2015/en#!aquaterra-jamesbond

I'm not aware that Omega makes a navy NATO strap. The striped ones are all on black on the website.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:

From Omega site for the NATO I have: OMEGA 5-stripe black and grey nylon fabric strap with stainless steel buckle and fitted keepers.

:s Must of imagined it.
    edited August 2015
    Higgins wrote:
    " Now, in celebration of the new movie, fans and watch collectors will be able to buy the model worn by 007 in SPECTRE, as the OMEGA Seamaster 300 will go on sale as a limited edition. The release marks a first for the partnership; until now, only commemorative editions have been used to celebrate OMEGA's link with the franchise."

We let us break this down piece by piece:

they split the groups into "fans" and "watch collectors". In my (and it is only MY opinion) the fans buy the screen accurate version of the watch. The "watch collector" might be more inclined to go for the Special Edition (SE). There are only 7,007 units being produced and I doubt that will allow for ALL the "Fans" and ALL the "watch collectors" to have the exact same watch. But they are able to all buy the same model (the Omega SM300 MCA).

But we can continue to discuss...