Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    I think during filming DC wore the standard 300SM (10,20,30bezel) with Standard Nato strap. Cause filming began before omega produced the spectre edition 300SM, but for additional money in the movie later on there will be a close up of the new 300sm .... . So wither way i think both are SA. Would be funny though to have bond wearing a watch that has 007 on it. The onega site states that there will be 007 engraved on the bracelet strap , are they referring to the small metal part on ghe nato that has The OMEGA text weotten on it? You lnow that small bar on the atrap, is that what they are referring to?

Yep, it will be on the other retaining bar, high side of the face as you look at it. If not there then on the buckle I guess...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    I think during filming DC wore the standard 300SM (10,20,30bezel) with Standard Nato strap. Cause filming began before omega produced the spectre edition 300SM, but for additional money in the movie later on there will be a close up of the new 300sm .... . So wither way i think both are SA. Would be funny though to have bond wearing a watch that has 007 on it. The onega site states that there will be 007 engraved on the bracelet strap , are they referring to the small metal part on ghe nato that has The OMEGA text weotten on it? You lnow that small bar on the atrap, is that what they are referring to?

What evidence are you basing that assessment on?

The strap is easily switchable, so the chances of EON having their star wearing a 007 branded item on screen is virtually non existent.

And why wouldn't Omega just make one of the SE SM300 for the film production before the public version went on general sale. After all, making watches is what they do and that is exactly what they did for SF with the titanium PO.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Hart008 wrote:
    I think during filming DC wore the standard 300SM (10,20,30bezel) with Standard Nato strap.

What evidence are you basing that assessment on?

Wishful thinking :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Saw this on an Omega forum

I thought there was more for some reason (Ltd editions)

bond-le-up-to-spectre-jpg.149229
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    nice find, welshie.

Now who from you nutters bought that ladies 50th Anniversary Seamaster just in order to be complete? :v

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

OK - seen it now.

Conceptual art - it does not prove anything.

We will only know for sure when the film comes out...
    Well, it's not "only" conceptual art, it has been independendly confirmed by 2 very reliable sources which i am not able to mention.

Not sure what your motives are for doubting all this but you'll have to deal with it that we'll see a SM 300 with the hour bezel and lollipop hands in a way that is drawn in the conceptual art ;)

I'm happy to wait and see Higgins :))

It states "concept art of 007’s Q-Branch enhanced Omega Seamaster 300. The concept art notes just how Bond would use the Omega"

As I mentioned before, It is only my opinion, I do not have insider info. It just would not make sense to release a SE version of this watch that would only allow a select (7,007) group of people to obtain. Effectively Omega would be setting themselves up to lose a lot of potential customers who would want a screen accurate watch.

I have not and would not personally purchase this watch, I have the PO which I much prefer. The addition of the GMT bezel for me also makes this watch completely useless as it takes away all of the Diver and Naval history of both the watch and James Bond in one move.

I will feel incredibly bad for anyone on here who has already purchased the original because they believed it to be the Bond watch if we find out it is not.

There is no proof (ie film footage or clear enough pics from the set) yet, to confirm anything. The Omega marketing is, as always open to interpretation in several areas. :D
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    As I mentioned before, It is only my opinion, I do not have insider info. It just would not make sense to release a SE version of this watch that would only allow a select (7,007) group of people to obtain. Effectively Omega would be setting themselves up to lose a lot of potential customers who would want a screen accurate watch.

They used a PO in SKYFALL that was never released at all to the general public in the form it appears on screen. Omega releasing a LTD Ed Spectre watch identical to the one seen on screen is a good move by them. Not only is it true, but Omega have themselves confirmed it. Besides any inside information, it's pretty clear from their press release which isn't open to any interpretation. It's there in print confirming it,
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    The PO in Skyfall is identical in every single way to the watch you can buy from Omega (except for the fact it was made from Titanium which, you do not see).

The Omega Press release states:

"Daniel Craig visits the OMEGA factory in Villeret, Switzerland

The actor sees production of the new "OMEGA Seamaster 300 “SPECTRE” Limited Edition", which will go on sale in September."

It only talks about the Limited Edition (LE) watch. Nothing else.
    Higgins wrote:
    " Now, in celebration of the new movie, fans and watch collectors will be able to buy the model worn by 007 in SPECTRE, as the OMEGA Seamaster 300 will go on sale as a limited edition. The release marks a first for the partnership; until now, only commemorative editions have been used to celebrate OMEGA's link with the franchise."

Even me with a crap english understand this!

The PO in Skyfall is identical in every single way to the watch you can buy from Omega (except for the fact it was made from Titanium which, you do not see).

So, it's different then 8-) Titanium is a very different colour to stainless steel.
    Higgins wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    " Now, in celebration of the new movie, fans and watch collectors will be able to buy the model worn by 007 in SPECTRE, as the OMEGA Seamaster 300 will go on sale as a limited edition. The release marks a first for the partnership; until now, only commemorative editions have been used to celebrate OMEGA's link with the franchise."

Even me with a crap english understand this!

Quite.
    If I'm wrong, it's not a problem guys (I wont lose any sleep over this). :))

I will just wait until we know for sure. Rather than accepting this as confirmation.

I will feel incredibly bad for anyone on here who has already purchased the original because they believed it to be the Bond watch if we find out it is not.

Though I quite agree with you here - there was no reason to buy the off-the-rack Seamaster 300 reissue prematurely.

There was no limitation - they will do that model for many years to come - very much likely later with a Date.

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just been past the Omega showroom in Bluewater mall .and they have a Bond special edition watch £4,600.00,in the window ,its just on its own ,so I assume its the new Spectre version ?.Looks very nice ,comes in a blue box with chrome hinges a jewelers eye
    and all the Bond bumf in a wallet .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I guess you didn't have a brick on you at the time. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent

That's why I always carry one on me for good measure! -{

if im honest it didn't do anything for me ,I could think of nicer watches to spend £4,600. on, :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) For £4.600. I'd be expecting four wheels and an engine attached to it. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

They used a PO in SKYFALL that was never released at all to the general public in the form it appears on screen. Omega releasing a LTD Ed Spectre watch identical to the one seen on screen is a good move by them. Not only is it true, but Omega have themselves confirmed it. Besides any inside information, it's pretty clear from their press release which isn't open to any interpretation. It's there in print confirming it,
    Great info!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Just been past the Omega showroom in Bluewater mall .and they have a Bond special edition watch £4,600.00,in the window ,its just on its own ,so I assume its the new Spectre version ?.Looks very nice ,comes in a blue box with chrome hinges a jewelers eye

Nope its the AT limited edition

Spectre edition 300 due in early Sept...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Nope its the AT limited edition

Spectre edition 300 due in early Sept...

thanks for the info ,
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    When I bought my SM300 the manager of the Omega boutique and later the head watchmaker of Omega, who was visiting told me that my version is used in the Spectre movie ... They even gave me a bottle of Bolling champagne with 007 on it ....

I am a bit upset and disappointed. Of course we will now see the SE version , but I suspect that the idea for that came quit resently and will now be added. Not a nice move from Omega.

Also I like the classic version better - which is a diving watch and not a GMT ... Knowing that there is a SA version bugs me.

I would not sell mine to buy the SA version ... And for sure not at a higher price for less.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent

We must nearly be neighbours!

When i bought my normal version in there and put the nato on it the two guys serving me were so excited, they had seen any of the natos yet. They seemed to think it was the bond watch at the time but i think they were just going from the poster where you cant see the face.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    When I bought my SM300 the manager of the Omega boutique and later the head watchmaker of Omega, who was visiting told me that my version is used in the Spectre movie ... They even gave me a bottle of Bolling champagne with 007 on it ....

I am a bit upset and disappointed. Of course we will now see the SE version , but I suspect that the idea for that came quit resently and will now be added. Not a nice move from Omega.

Also I like the classic version better - which is a diving watch and not a GMT ... Knowing that there is a SA version bugs me.

I would not sell mine to buy the SA version ... And for sure not at a higher price for less.
    even if it is a bit off topic, would you mind uploading a pic or two of said bottle ? :) -{
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    edited August 2015
    Well if they told you it was the SPECTRE watch you prob have a good claim

My AD didnt make such claims so I cant say im too bothered
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Welshboy offers a good point, if you specifically asked and they specifically claimed that the one they sold you would be SA you might ask for a refund. However...... this might be difficult.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Worth a try. My AD did nothing of a sort but I would be pissed if they did!!
    I'd be interested to know who this 'Head Watchmaker of Omega' is. My less-than-better-half knows the real ones in the UK, France and Switzerland and they certainly wouldn't give any information to their friends, let alone false information to strangers, even if they were paying customers. Which boutique was this? I'd like to see a pic of the OO7 bottle too, and more info on it.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I'd be interested to know who this 'Head Watchmaker of Omega' is. My less-than-better-half knows the real ones in the UK, France and Switzerland and they certainly wouldn't give any information to their friends, let alone false information to strangers, even if they were paying customers. Which boutique was this? I'd like to see a pic of the OO7 bottle too, and more info on it.

First my apologies. I just checked the bottle of Bollinger. It says Omega ... Nothing about James Bond of Spectre..

I was not buying the watch because of James Bond ... And if they would not have brought up the James Bond subject, I would not have known. Also I did keep in mind that we have to wait for the movie to see how much screen time the watch gets, if at all. Of course I was kind of proud and hesitant did make me happy.

I like the classic version better and not knowing about James Bond I would not have bought the SA version ... Well, still bugs me a little. But I guess more they fact that Omega only changed the watch to make some extra money.

I have a suunto sports watch which was used in the movie with the Equilizer ... Also it is SA ... There is are functions of the watch which were created with CGI which I also did not like... Also I had the watch before the movie.
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    There is speculation on the Omega forum that BOTH SM300s will feature in the movie ... Somehow the change from classic to GMT bezel is part of the plot line. That also explains the rumored 3 watches in the movie... Who knows... But here is the thread in case you want to follow the discussion there ...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/007-spectre-omega.22046/