Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    There is speculation on the Omega forum that BOTH SM300s will feature in the movie ... Somehow the change from classic to GMT bezel is part of the plot line. That also explains the rumored 3 watches in the movie... Who knows... But here is the thread in case you want to follow the discussion there ...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/007-spectre-omega.22046/

Well that would be nice.

It is clear that there will be more than 1 watch in the movie, like in the past. Also visible in the trailer ... A watch with a metal bracelet.

The 3 watch discussion, is how ever something else, I believe ... It refers to a chart of the omega SM300 GMT version SE ... And also being the same watch in all 3 prictures, it explains something about the watch ... What I don't want to spoil here ... I looked it up. Not a big spoiler. But better to decide yourself what you want to know ...
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    There is speculation on the Omega forum that BOTH SM300s will feature in the movie ... Somehow the change from classic to GMT bezel is part of the plot line. That also explains the rumored 3 watches in the movie... Who knows... But here is the thread in case you want to follow the discussion there ...

https://omegaforums.net/threads/007-spectre-omega.22046/

Those guys are also insisting the Rome photo call shoot shows a suit he's wearing in the film (it doesn't) and that the watch he's wearing in the photo call is a screen-used prop. Donk or Asp could maybe better answer this, but would they let an actor wear a screen prop off-duty? That seems unlikely while a film is still in production. They're using the photocall pics as proof the classic bezel is in the film.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    All props are checked in and out with the propmaster nowadays right before and after shooting. He wouldn't be wearing one off set with his personal clothing. They are all very tightly controlled, and it's literally the property master's job on the line if it wasn't and got damaged or lost, whatever the actors status, it just isn't done. Craig wore his own vintage 300 during the first press release, so it's typical of him to wear the new one off set at the time of filming
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    The 3 watch discussion, is how ever something else, I believe ... It refers to a chart of the omega SM300 GMT version SE ... And also being the same watch in all 3 prictures, it explains something about the watch ... What I don't want to spoil here ... I looked it up. Not a big spoiler. But better to decide yourself what you want to know ...

Actually there has been a three watch discussion for a couple of months now, not related to the picture you refer to.

The three watches being discussed as being in Spectre was the AT gauss, the blue AT, then the SM 300.

As with everything all speculation until confirmed
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I honestly cant see two ATs being in SPECTRE
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

Actually there has been a three watch discussion for a couple of months now, not related to the picture you refer to.

The three watches being discussed was the AT gauss, the blue AT, then the SM 300.

As with everything all speculation until confirme

Huh? Why would he wear the AT gauss and the blue master coaxial AT when they're essentially the same watch just a different colour?

It's clear from the pics we've seen that Bond starts off wearing tge blue AT as seen in Mexico and the London scenes then he switches to tge SM300mc with a nato strap and then by the end of the film he's wearing a watch with a bracelet again. This last watch could be Bond putting back on the blue AT which he wore at the start of the movie which would make the most sense but I guess we'll have to wait for further details.
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I honestly cant see two ATs being in SPECTRE

Precisely!
    Def wearing the AT for the finale by the look of it, makes sense after seeing the "3 watch" pic lol
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Just been looking at the 'three watch picture' and although it is 'concept art' it does appear to be a photograph. If that is the case, and this is the Screen version, then it is still different from the SA version Omega are releasing as the 12 o'clock number appears to be a traditional UK 'government arrow' which features on all UK government issue equipments to this day.....
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    concept art

Is this the concept art, http://jamesbonding.com/spectre/spectre-props-concept-art-87.html, or is there more?
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    The author suggests so in his title and opening paragraph 'Above is my personal favourite from the leaks: concept art of 007’s Q-Branch enhanced Omega Seamaster 300.'
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    To ASP's point. I have a great relationship with the Omega boutique Manager here in Orlando Florida. I am often times advising her as to what's happening in the Bond world on Omega watches.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    If... ...this is the Screen version, then it is still different from the SA version Omega are releasing as the 12 o'clock number appears to be a traditional UK 'government arrow' which features on all UK government issue equipments to this day.....

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

The 12 o'clock marker on the bezel is a '0'. Underneath the lume 12 o'clock marker on the dial is a indeed what appears to be a Broad Arrow marking either above, or more likely replacing the typical Omega symbol, probably as plot feature to signify the watch is Government issue equipment.

As a long-time replica movie prop collector such a difference from the marketed product doesn't surprise me. Virtually all licensed movie prop replicas have built-in 'tells' in order that the replica is not so accurate that is can be passed off as the actual screen used prop to the unwary.
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    or more likely replacing the typical Omega symbol

Omega have issued their watches with the broad arrow above their logo for the RAF before now. I'd expect the intention was for both to be there.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    fans and watch collectors will be able to buy the model worn by 007 in SPECTRE, as the OMEGA Seamaster 300 will go on sale as a limited edition.

Good point with the Broad Arrow on the concept art.

Either the Broad Arrow will not be seen in the final movie or the Limited Edition will NOT be screen accurate (as Omega will hardly be allowed to use the Broad Arrow for commercially available goods)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The broad arrow isn't on the screen Omega. The dial and bezel are exactly as you see it on the Ltd Ed.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Pheww...

Glad that my 15 fixed bookings on LE SM 300s must not be cancelled :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Strange how no image yet of the caseback!!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    This was posted on the Omega forums of WUS - can't vouch for it:

watch44.jpg
    Interestingly this poster also says....
    Got some info from my local OB about the Spectre LE. A little more interested knowing it comes with a brushed SS bracelet. Also, liking how the watch isn't filled with 007 and bond everywhere including the back. Here is some info that was given to me.
    Special presentation box containing in addition, brushed stainless steel bracelet with 007engraved on the foldover clasp, a tool to enable the change of the strap/bracelet and loupe.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent

watch44.jpg

Seriously? :(

I was hoping for a nice metal case back with the Spectre octopus symbol on it. But seeing as they did the Skyfall SE PO with a crystal case back I guess that's the way Omega is going.

What case back has the SPECTRE AT LE got??

Given I can't stand crystal case backs, you've just saved me 5 grand with that post HH :))
    I was wanting the octopus!!!
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:

watch44.jpg

Seriously? :(

I was hoping for a nice metal case back with the Spectre octopus symbol on it. But seeing as they did the Skyfall SE PO with a crystal case back I guess that's the way Omega is going.

What case back has the SPECTRE AT LE got??

Given I can't stand crystal case backs, you've just saved me 5 grand with that post HH :))

The SPECTRE AT LE has a gunbarrel sitting over the counterweight and a back of a 9mm bullet - all under the sapphire crystal.
    Update with casebacks (nicked from another forum)

bond-le-up-to-spectre-jpg.149229
    149493-7cd29b7e61557bae07b8be9dde1bc9ed.jpg
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was wanting the octopus!!!

Your wish may have been granted...?!
    "On the back of the case is the "Spectre" logo and the watch's individual serial number"

Read more: http://uk.businessinsider.com/omega-finally-offers-007-watch-to-consumers-for-6450-2015-8?r=US&IR=T#ixzz3jCqK6YV8
    These days it takes three kills...!
    See post 981
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    See post 981

Nope, don't see a Spectre logo.....!
    These days it takes three kills...!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    000-7 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    See post 981

Nope, don't see a Spectre logo.....!

The article has Spectre in inverted commas, so maybe they were referring to the word Spectre (which is on the back in the picture) and not the octopus
    Think your correct - shame!!