Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    The article from the link above, cannot be correct on the price of the watch. It states the retail is $6450.00, this would make the special edition cheaper than the current Seamaster 300 on steel bracelet, which retails for $6600.00. When I stopped by local Omega store here in VA, I was told the watch will sell for $7450.00 plus it will also come with a steel bracelet. Wish Omega had a solid price and model number for this watch.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Pricing is all over the place also the specs.

Its as if they announced it too early - no picture of caseback (above pic appears to be a leak and looks authentic), no picture or details of the package etc ive read quite a few seperate sources saying it comes with a brushed SS braclet and a loupe and strap change tool (kind of like the AT package) and he 007 branding is on the bracelet. However my AD cant confirm any of the above yet
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    interesting... the site which was hosting that 3 watch image and other 'concept art' has now taken the images down at the request of MGM.... certainly adds move credibility
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    interesting... the site which was hosting that 3 watch image and other 'concept art' has now taken the images down at the request of MGM.... certainly adds move credibility

Ah poo! I saved that 3 watch image last week on my phone and then deleted it :# Better see if my Mac and iCloud have inadvertently saved it!
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:

Ah poo! I saved that 3 watch image last week on my phone and then deleted it :# Better see if my Mac and iCloud have inadvertently saved it!

Thankfully I saved a copy of this one and the other Desk image, happy to share if anyone wants it
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Personally speaking, I think this 12 hour version of the watch offers a great package if it comes with a bracelet and the other stuff but why brushed links? I get thst many people prefer brushed links but many others like the pcls too and with Omega going the route of pcls for so many of their new watches I just don't like the wish washy attitude Omega's displayed with this particular watch and that they intend for Bond's watch to be the ltd version. Maybe the brushed links are to add to them phases of being a Ltd version.

Had the Bond/007/SPECTRE engravings been resigned to just the case back, I'd seriously consider getting this if it's not too much hassle to aquire but as it stands, I'm happy with my new ATmc and SM300mc.
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Saw this on Instagram this morning...

https://instagram.com/p/6mUclUnJe9/
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

Isn't that a bit too big on him?
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:

That would be a girl's wrist.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Yup. If you'd check her other photos you'd know it's a girl ;) And it seems she's working in an Omega store of some kind.
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:

Him is a her
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Him doesn't like it when you talk like that JJ. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Him doesn't like it when you talk like that JJ. :))

LOVE the Canonball Run reference!!!
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:

It's a she... :o
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:

Instagram handle is a woman's name so it may be her wrist?
    A lady wearing a gentleman's watch ?
    My monocle, has just dropped out ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Far too large on that wrist. Is it a child's?!

I'd just get the standard if it were me. Would have to sell the speedmaster in order to do so, mind you.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    ;% I obviously didn't look hard enough...
    ..... Or in the right places ! ;) :D
    A couple of years ago when watch shopping with the missus, sales assistants were saying that there was a new trend of women starting to wear men's divers watches.

Going for the chunky look. Maybe that's still a thing.
    Ok, got the model number 233.32.41.21.01.001, list price is $7500.00.
    Apparently these days girls have the " Boyfriend " fashion as in,
    The Boyfriend jacket and the boyfriend jeans. I guess the boyfriend
    Watch is also a thing now. ;) ..... Looks very nice. -{
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I know chunky watches for girls have been in for some time, but they were still smaller in diameter than mens watches, just chunky like sports watches. It just doesn't make sense for someone to wear a watch that is bigger than someone's wrist. And looking bad isn't the only reason. The worst part about wearing a watch bigger than your wrist is that the watch is very likely to get banged around, and I'd hate to see an Omega get banged up :# .
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    A lady wearing a gentleman's watch ?
    My monocle, has just dropped out ! :))

What's next?
    They won't allow them to vote, will they?

I'll be crazy and say that one day they will be allowed to move a motorized vehicle :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Charlize-Theron-Rolex-Deepsea.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Agree with you Matt.

What I was told is that women were specifically buying men's watches not just chunky women's watches....as they were more recognisable (established brands and looks) and masculine

I'm not a fan of the look personally
    :)) :)) :))
    Fresh from the dealer, they are taking deposits. But official image of the case back.
    image.jpg
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Fresh from the dealer, they are taking deposits. But official image of the case back.
    image.jpg
    Hi Stefan,
    What was the final price from the dealer?
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    A couple of years ago when watch shopping with the missus, sales assistants were saying that there was a new trend of women starting to wear men's divers watches.

Going for the chunky look. Maybe that's still a thing.

That's hilarious.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"