The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Nothing wrong with getting spat at, just so long as you're being
    smacked on the bottom with a wet mackerel, and being calleď
    a very naughty boy ! :))
    ( I should have been a conservative politician ;) )

That's what I spent my luncheon vouchers on at Cynthia Paynes ;%
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Where to start?

Pussy, you couldn't be any politician! You say what you think, you are genuine and very funny, and you know how to give the people what they want! The only thing the Prime Minister has given us, is the ultimate humiliation story, "The piggy in the middle." Urgh!

Re Thunderbirds, I have and treasure the matchbox vehicles and Tracy Island. I also have a large 2 foot model of my namesake that needs some TLC, but once I secure new lettering will be done. I have started on the new TAG-15 vehicles too with Thunderbird 2.2. Items not on display are carefully stored.
    I only had the Corgi DB5 when I wasc a kid and was too rough with it, like a lot of my toys then. Perhaps in part, that's why I am so careful and treasure my collectibles now?

Us? All we had was a dead parrot! Eight of us, taking in turns ti scrape of dirt with that dead parrot! We dreamed of a water trough for a bath! :007)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I took a noting to get an " Eagle" from Space 1999, but when I saw the
    sort of prices they were going for, I decided not to bother. :))

search?q=space+1999+eagle+transporter&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIrMSV36ucyQIVwbMUCh3-AwCD#imgrc=pVwX2avLG8ADjM%3A
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I changed to winter wheels on my car and picked the last apples in the garden yesterday. Not a moment too early, because there's been frost on the ground since that very day. But all isn't bleak and cold - the people on the other side of the fjord still get a bit of sun mid-day :D
    Can I have some Coke Zero with ice, please?
    I'm sure you'll be sick of looking at ice, soon ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    They say it'll snow tomorrow (you know nothing, John snow), but I'll bet there won't be any snow come Christmas :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    A perfect Christmas is when it starts snowing about 5:30pm on Christmas Eve and keeps going until after midnight on Boxing Day. Then spring starts on January 1st. But it never seems to happen like that, does it?
    Found it funny the other morning, as I'm an atheist ;) on a talk show
    With the good old Christian anti-gay/ Homophobic debate, that according
    To the bible ( they had it checked out and it's true, it's a rule) That Christmas
    Trees are banned ! :)) so if you have one up you're breaking the rules ! :)) :))
    and you are just as Bad as, if you enjoyed a bit of " The love that dare not speak
    It's name" ;) I did have a good laugh at that. All those sanctimonious, pompous
    people, telling the rest of us how to live. Yet They're breaking the rules too. :))
    I always had a Tree up at Christmas as it's an old pagan symbol ;) makes me
    Feel a bit of a rebel. :) but in a British way, as I don't want to cause any trouble. :D
    Actually, if Christmas trees are mentioned in the Bible that would be a good reason to stop being an atheist! You see, the most rescent bits of the good book was written in the first century , while Christmas trees were "invented" in the 16th century by the Germans. So if the Bible mentioned Christmas trees the writers must have been tipped off by some all-knowing being, such as God. You didn't see that one coming, did you? :))
    :)) I think it comes under " idolatry" and the pagan aspects of it.
    It was a Bible theologian, and scholar who, mentioned it as she went
    through the a many, many rules. Like wearing mixing fibres etc. :))
    She was pointing out how even she couldn't understand the Fundamental
    Christian hatred for gay people, yet turned a blind eye to the many other
    forbidden rules in their Book. :D
    Ah. I see. The ban against Christmas trees is an interpretation of a general rule in the Bible. Some minor Christian communities do hold that view, including a Lap sect in Northern Norway. I fully agree with the view that seeing homosexuality as a sin while ignoring a bunch of other rules makes no sense. I hold the view that most of those rules are of the first pact and not the second pact between God and the humans. Put in other words: those rules are mostly from the Old Testament and are made for and by an ancient nomad tribe and their society and does not apply today. The Bible should be read for the essence of the Message, not nitpicking every word.

I think we probably should stop discussing theology before our heads explode ... :D
    :D Yes, it's very much beyond my grasp. In my view I try and love everyone
    ....... even Norwegians ;) :))
    Yes. Even the tiniest, alien, most unfathomable cultures :)
    Not to get into an even crazier cult, but have you watched the documentary on
    Scientology, which actually reveals the big secret, that all the followers are working
    to find out ?
    which is all about alien souls, inhabiting humans. in fact many aliens inside the one
    person ( sounds a bit like a film I watched last week) ;) and the guy on the documentary
    who had gone through years of following the religion ( I think it was Paul Haggis) who said
    he was dumbfounded, couldn't believe it. Thought it was another test or they were joking
    with him. :D
    It's nice that you think Norway is a less crazy cult than Scientology :)
    I've learnt a lot, I used to think Norway was the place in
    The lion, the witch and the wardrobe :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    As Number24 is from Norway I'm assuming he will be providing the SABS with a massive Christmas tree !!!
    Good idea! SABS needs some Christmas cheer. But keep in mind, I can only give you 2-3 treees, tops. Knowing how this fine establishment is run and what happens here in the late hours, I can't guarantee for the safety of the tree....
    edited November 2015
    I've learnt a lot, I used to think Norway was the place in
    The lion, the witch and the wardrobe :))

May I ask the other guests here on SABS and TP in particular: what work of fiction (TV, movie, novel etc) do you now think Norway resembles the most? :))
    Dubai ? :))
    Seriously it looked fantastic in Ex-Machina -{
    as did the leading lady, it's all nudie bits at the end. :D
    I've always suspected Dubai was a work of fiction ....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I've always had the feeling that Dubai staged for Norway!

Looks so similar!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I've always suspected Dubai was a work of fiction ....

There is an indoor snow centre in the Mall of the Emirates. That could double as Norway :))

Dubai is a very odd place.

You can tell it hasn't developed organically and many of its buildings do look like they're from a Sci fi movie.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Dubai ? :))
    :D

No, I prefer to lease. B-)
    :))
    "A loner ?"
    " no it's mine I bought it"
    ( Hot Shots)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I finally saw Spectre tonight - very good indeed. The drinks are on me tonight! :) {[]
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Good things come to those who wait. ;)
    5339057151_d55540fdd2_b-SNOW.gif
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Oooh, look at that! Our first snow window of the season!

Pussy, do you want me to get coal, peat bricks, kindling or über logs for the fire tomorrow?
    I am not buying those fire fuel blocks from Dr E Brown in the chemist's again, they nearly blasted the fireplace to pieces last year!

Oh, and we have a serious problem. I was checking some papers and discovered, well....(Sighs) Holly's check up with the vet is due... Do you want me to take him to her this time with a double to steady his nerves? Never seen a grown man so scared of a cat!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    :)) yes, it certainly gives " Paws" for thought. :)