The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Purely out of AJB research :v

Many insults in English are known world wide but are there any local insults
    or expressions that you'd only hear in Germany, Norway other countries or
    even regional, as in you'd only hear it in Cornwall or Wales ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Imo the worst insult that you could throw is:

You Asp9mm :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    Loved the 'Stronza' insult in SP. My wife is Italian (Neopolitan to be precise) and she exclaimed upon hearing the henchman challenge Bond; He has a Neopolitan accent! I recognise him! Made me smile :)

She enjoyed SP btw, although is still a die hard Moore fan! :)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I remember reading years ago in an interview with Sir Roger, that when he had done
    something wrong , his then wife Louisa would change from English to rapid Italian, most
    of which he couldn't keep up with. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    I remember reading years ago in an interview with Sir Roger, that when he had done
    something wrong , his then wife Louisa would change from English to rapid Italian, most

:)) That sounds about right..!!
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

:)) That sounds about right..!!

I can also concur! :D
    Although I bet even getting shouted at, it sounds " Bellissimo" :)
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,302MI6 Agent

My wife uses Tagalog when she's angry with me (that's a Philippine dialect not a whip :D )
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited November 2015
    :)) I bet you'd rather have the whip ! :D
    Women can be very cruel. ;)

On a different subject, I had to look up what a "Dirty Martini" was ....
    " a cocktail made with gin (or vodka), dry vermouth, and a small amount of olive brine, typically garnished with a green olive " :)
    Posted this in the " Bond on TV thread" but thought it might be of interest here.

Watching Autumwatch on BBC 2 tonight and Chris Packham kept slipping
    In Bond film titles,  there was  Skyfall of Birds, other birds were From Russia with love.
    A cat that had visited a garden eight times was ...... Octopussy    I guess he had a
    Bet with someone.  .    he added Spectre. and Tomorrow never dies
    :D
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    So I wasn't going potty (for once) I spotted that too but put it down to mad coincidence.
    A bet to win does sound the most likely as its live telly too.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I know he did it before, I think it was with " The Smiths" song titles. :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,439Chief of Staff
    A pleasant Sunday morning to all. Landlord, what's the brekkie today? Scrambled eggs, perhaps?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I could do a full Scottish for you Barbel?

Same as a full English, except part 1 is a bowl of porriage, followed by the eggs bacon and co as part 2.
    Also tea or mud? I mean coffee.

Pussy should be down later. He took Holly out for a walk last night, but was a little out of practice so he's having a lie in. Said something about her chasing that neighbours dolberman? They should know better, although she is good natured, there is a reason a sign says beware of the cat! (Shakes head.)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Anyone see that report that your pet cat is always working out ways to kill you ?
    Must explain Holly's collection of " weapons of mice destruction" although she
    Was very impressed with the reintroduction of the feline element back into Bond.
    Although very annoyed a mouse got the best scene. :D
    Thanks TB2!
    It's Son Of Barbel's birthday today, but we're both busy so I'm taking him for lunch on Tuesday then going to see a film. Now, which one....? :007)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,650Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Thanks TB2!
    It's Son Of Barbel's birthday today, but we're both busy so I'm taking him for lunch on Tuesday then going to see a film. Now, which one....? :007)

I hope 'Son of...' has a good day today... -{

Are there any decent films out at the moment ? :v
    YNWA 97
    Well, it's his birthday so I'll let him decide- though I think I know what he may selectre...er, select.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,650Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    Well, it's his birthday so I'll let him decide- though I think I know what he may selectre...er, select.

:))
    YNWA 97
    Just to keep the masses informed on my latest crime fighting exploits ..
    .. I'm sure everyone remembers by last big drug bust, in which I found a little
    bag of weed, which I gave into the local shopping centre security guard.
    ( Although it has been filmed truthfully as Died Hard 4) ;)
    Latest crime ....
    ... Walking the dog, I discovered a lady's purse, so took it home and then took it
    to the local police station, I won't bother to go into detail about the car chase,
    Knife fight, parlour chase and deadly ninja nuns !
    It's basically to let the citizenry know they can sleep a little easier in their beds all
    Across the UK tonight ! .... I'm on the job ! :))
    When are they making the film version, TP, and who are you favouring to portray you? (Any truth to the rumours that DC's stalling on agreeing to do Bond 25 because he's holding out to play PussyThunderPussy?).
    :)) I have been told that I have piercing blue eyes like Daniel.
    Unless they meant blue thighs, and was about my varicose veins ? :))
    Or maybe that you'd pierced a few eyes...when you were knit-one-pearl-two'ing too quickly?
    I had to stop that, people were always giving me
    the needle. :)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Only real men knit ;)
    :)) and eat quiche !
    But at the same time? Only TP is that gifted.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,831MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Only real men knit ;)

Back when a friend of mine was a part of the Parachute Ranger Reserve (Fallskjermjeger), I had a standing offer for him that I would pay a mediocre sum for a picure of him kniting in full view of the other Jeagers on one of their exercises. I never had to pay :))
    Et6_STsl.jpg

Needle point, now that's a Man's occupation ! :))
    On the crime spree front .....

Checking my post today, as I returned to my breakfast nook, I noticed I had received
    One letter for two doors up #9 ?. First the drug adventure, then the purse and now
    This ?....... Could a criminal conspiracy by some brilliant criminal mastermind be
    at work. Where could this lead me this time, ? :D