The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    [Edited by Barbel]

My message above was for both of you.

Barbel
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    I had barely known TP. But the times that we did interact. I felt a postie vibe from him and always seemed like he could find the best out of any situation. I hope to stay around. As I've finally found a place where I feel at home again.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Robbo88 wrote:
    I had barely known TP. But the times that we did interact. I felt a postie vibe from him and always seemed like he could find the best out of any situation. I hope to stay around. As I've finally found a place where I feel at home again.

{[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,780MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

Those of us who survived the Craig WarsTM of '05-'06 here on AJB know just how ugly it can get :o

They were dark days, Loeffs, dark days. I wasn't sure we were going to make it ....

Anyway ... as TB2 is manning the pumps and has been promoted to acting landlord, I'm going to have myself a very large glass of red please and reflect on this ...

someoneiswrong1.png

Lol! So true re the capton. I like the way you think M'Lady! One large glass if your usual red.

I prefer to think of myself as head barman, but I can accept Barkeep / Deputy Landlord. The Captain's chair is still very much Pussys, it has his fingerprints all over it. Along with the kitchen, cellars, Bio chem lab.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    This seems like the right place to say my own piece on TP. No I am not drunk. I have not been a member here that long but I find him to have such a positive outlook and often with diplomacy diffuses debates that may be getting a little heated. Some of his posts make me laugh out loud. I am sure we would all agree that he will be missed here while on his holiday. TB2 a glass of your best champagne please and a toast to absent friends. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,343MI6 Agent
    This seems like the right place to say my own piece on TP. No I am not drunk. I have not been a member here that long but I find him to have such a positive outlook and often with diplomacy diffuses debates that may be getting a little heated. Some of his posts make me laugh out loud. I am sure we would all agree that he will be missed here while on his holiday. TB2 a glass of your best champagne please and a toast to absent friends. -{

Well said, TWM -{ to you and TP
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

I prefer to think of myself as head barman, but I can accept Barkeep / Deputy Landlord. The Captain's chair is still very much Pussys, it has his fingerprints all over it. Along with the kitchen, cellars, Bio chem lab.

I've seen the stains TP has left behind and you're going to need some industrial strength cleaner to sort them out ... God knows what he's been doing .... :o
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I can borrow you my Kärcher if it's of some help :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,505Chief of Staff
    :)) My sister-in-law in Berlin has one of those- they're very good!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,690Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:

I've seen the stains TP has left behind and you're going to need some industrial strength cleaner to sort them out ... God knows what he's been doing .... :o

I actually think it will be safer to just burn those items :o :))
    YNWA 97
    :v
    kimdampfhinten.jpg

Oh, Higgins, and I thought those photos were our little secret... :# :(
    Higgins wrote:
    :v
    kimdampfhinten.jpg

Blimey ... If that doesn't tempt TP back nothing will ... I'd like to say I look like that when I do the patio but I'd be lying :))
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Wow the new cleaning lady is a definite improvement over the last one......

kathystaffasnorabatty1.jpg
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,174MI6 Agent
    Just to echo all of the best wishes to TP. I would just like to add that I agree 100% and his 'presence' is already very much missed.

TP is an absoloute tonic with his comments, posts and perfectly timed humour. I know emotions often run high on here because so many different personalities like to view their heart felt opinions on what is right and or wrong, in their view, in the world of 007. Right from the colour of Bond's socks to the plot lines of Bond25. Unfortunately, some people take it far too seriously and can't engage respectfully in what is ultimately a release from the trials and tribulations of our 'real' lives, about the one thing we all mutually adore.

What is reftreshing about TP is that as well as being very knowledgeable, he is more often than not completely impartial and breaks up the bickerings with laugh out loud comedic posts. You don't have to meet someone in person to know that he's a thoroughly decent chap.

I for one hope he will return to AJB after a short break or when he's ready. The forum is not quite the same without him.

Bartender, A double Jameson's in honour of our esteemed absent friend please {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Firstly everyone thanks so much for all your kind words, but please stop !
    I don't know why I do it but it seems every couple of years I lose it and go
    a bit mad.
    I guess I have to accept I'm a High Maintenance Princess, who occasionally
    Stamps her foot and flounces out in a dramatic soap opera fashion. I can only
    Put it down to being a passionate guy. So apologies to everyone for my bad
    Manners.
    I may have transfered tension from my work on to AJB. ( which is stupid)
    So I've been feeding the ducks and walking in the local mountains, to clear
    My head.
    Oddly enough I too have a Kärcher, on bringing it home my wife said
    " It's not very big is it ?" Funnily I have heard her use that phrase before. ;)

Seriously a really big heart felt Thank You to all of you who got in contact with
    Me ( one even joining another forum ), to give me either words of advice or a
    kick in the arse ! So I'd say around the same time in a couple of years I'll be
    Once again ( Figuratively ) up a tall tower in my underpants, claiming I'm king
    Kong.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Good to see you again here, TP!

I see this kind of drama every month for a couple of days and I am glad that you are back on the carpet.

Now, which nutter was crazy enough to register on another forum just for you.
    Must be the Spike of idiocy :D

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Now that you have got that off your chest.

The SABS needs a good clean, it's dirtier than Mr White's Cabin.

PS welcome back -{ looking forward to some gratuitous double entendre's ;)
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,174MI6 Agent
    Top Man! {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    In my case when its all too much, I swing my hammer around proclaming I am Thor, son of Odin. Much to my Dad's embarrasment. - It happens to all of us Pussy, whether we admit it or not. Add me to the list people you can press the 'help' button for too.

On a brighter note, I saw Skyfall and loved it. One or two niggles, and I need to see it a second time before I review it, but a modern classic I suspect. Ok, who is drinking what?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    'Skyfall' TB2?
    Mines a Guinness West Indies Porter please -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    On a brighter note, I saw Skyfall and loved it. One or two niggles, and I need to see it a second time before I review it, but a modern classic I suspect. Ok, who is drinking what?

Wow - you left it a bit late to watch that :o

Luckily for you there is another Bond film out now - or will you leave that one until 2018 to watch :v

Sorry ;% :D
    YNWA 97
    Grrr, I must have had a Spectre on my shoulder.

To clarify, I did mean the latest film. I am just eatting, so my mind is a little elsewhere!

Your drink Arcadia. M your jokes are getting worse and worse. Thry nearly match Pussy's or mine!
    M your jokes are getting worse and worse.

Thank you - I'll take that as a compliment from you :))
    YNWA 97
    Obviously TP was just waiting for us to give the place a good clean and then he comes waltzing back in here ..... :))

Today's stolen joke from Twitter ....

-The name's Bond. James Bond.
    -I've written Bond now.
    -Oh. Can you change it or is it too late?
    -When your coffee's ready they'll call Bond
    Thank you, TP, it is genuinely good to see you.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Why do I picture TP in a shack on a beach in Turkey with a hot woman, a well-trained pet scorpion and a bottle of expensive Scotch, watching Wolf Blitzer on the telly and just generally "enjoying AJB death"? Looking forward to seeing his wonderful wit and insightful comments back soon. In the meantime, I am going to boycott all non-alcoholic drinks while in SABS, so landlord, let me have a double rum with a splash of gin and two twists of vodka.
    (Looks unimpressed.). For the sass you can have a twisted vodka with a rum splash of gin Domino. Plus you can't boycott whit you haven' t paid for! (TB2 prints a bar tab chit from the till. It rivals a roll of loo paper.)

M - I would't Pussy's jokes are awful but funny. Mine are just awful.

Lady Rose - I'm having a stupid moment again M'lady. I don't get it?
    Lady Rose - I'm having a stupid moment again M'lady. I don't get it?

Its a Starbucks joke ... they ask your name when you order a coffee and write it on the cup ... I'll leave the jokes to Sir M. His may be bad but obviously better than mine :)) :))
    Well, I understood the explanation, maybe its me. I'm a tea drinker. :s