The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I had breakfast in the Cleuseau Cafe this morning. Lovely Croissants and they have 12 home made blends if tea. Though one if the waiters is a little hyperactive on the kung fu front. Barbel you should try it. They have a coffee called "Destination Del La Lune". Apparently its so strong it could be rocket fuel!

Ginger Rasperry but with a little ice please Landlord!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    That was a random Post Thunderbird :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) but the manager's boss has an awful twitch in his eye.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    What you see is what you get with TP and his Cooking :))

I hear you, AOS! Thanks for the warning!
    And TB2, I'll have to visit that place- now that you've tried it it'll be less of a shot in the dark.
    They do a nice cocktail,
    Ameratto, vodka, grenadine and cream. I think they call it a ...... Pink Panther !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And they keep their wine in old Sellers. Goon, but not forgotten.
    Got any Jam Sandwiches? Or is the Bread moldy?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    No sandwiches made fresh every Monday morning. :D we don't like
    Mold as it attracts the odd fly, like " Bluebottle " ;) I love the old
    sellers, just " Being there" is great.
    Landlord- there's a girl in my soup!
    Well it is Clam chowder ;% :#
    The naked truth is, I don't care because, I'm alright jack.
    Optimist. Two can play that game...
    Hey, what's new pussycat. It's the battle of the sexes.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Can I press you to a cucumber sandwich?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    ... You have arrived at a propitious moment, considered to be your country's one indisputable contribution to Western Civilization: Afternoon tea ! ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    ... You have arrived at a propitious moment, considered to be your country's one indisputable contribution to Western Civilization: Afternoon tea ! ;)

I mean that's not condescending to the British at all! :)) Interesting too how the villain Hugo Drax really rates tea but Fleming and Bond hated the stuff with a passion, calling it a "cup of mud" and blaming it for the downfall of the British Empire.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes you can forget about the Empire, culture and inventors, It all
    Boils down to " Afternoon tea ". :)) Although if MR was made today
    Drax might have said something like .....
    " You have arrived at a propitious moment, considered to be your country's one indisputable contribution to Western Civilization: the afternoon Binge drinking session " :))

I have to admit, I hate coffee I like strong tea. ;)
    edited July 2014
    It's interesting though, that introductory scene in MR, a film many Bond fans would say was very far from Fleming (and rightly so of course) and yet there are these small moments where you say to yourself, "My goodness, they must have actually thought about this!".

For example, notice how Moore Bond deftly refuses the offer of afternoon tea and a cucumber sandwich! All in keeping with the Fleming original, or at least that's how I see it anyway.
    'What put you onto the Cigarette Case anyway?'
    Drax in the novel is a great theatrical villain, almost a demented
    Circus ringmaster. I picture a red haired Brian Blessed with a huge
    Handlebar moustache ! :))
    Drax in the novel is a great theatrical villain, almost a demented
    Circus ringmaster. I picture a red haired Brian Blessed with a huge
    Handlebar moustache ! :))

Exactly how I've pictured him too - Brian Blessed would be great in the role of 'Hugger' Drax in a faithful film version of Moonraker . I've said just that on numerous occasions myself. He encapsulates the bombastic, loud-mouthed side of Drax's character (and he has a massive head and beard) much better than anyone I can think of. Compare this to Michael Lonsdale's Drax of the 1979 film - the very aura of refinement, but still effective and chilling as an alternative portrayal of Drax for all that. And, as I'm sure you know TP, Drax is indeed described as a great big lion-tamer by Fleming in the MR novel.
    I only hope they can still find ways to put in bits of what hasn't be used of
    Fleming into the new films. -{
    Yes! And how he foams at the Mouth and bites his Nails as he becomes frustrated -{

Hugo_Drax_%28Literary%29_-_Profile_%28by_George_Almond%29.png
    Yes, Sir Hugo Drax is for my money Fleming's finest villain and the finest novel, too. Just check my username - Silhouette Man - for proof of this firmly held view of mine. -{
    Silhouette Man? I thought you got that Name from your Past Time of sneaking into People's Bedrooms at Night :v :))
    Would his nick name not be Santa Clause then. :))
    I suppose that's why he's called ' Jolly' then
    So would you if you got to check " Everything " ....... Twice ! and twice
    Is the only way to check. :))
    'You only check twice Mr Bond'
    My handy tip of the week ,as my Dad always told me .......

" Measure Twice, cut once " :))
    Silhouette Man? I thought you got that Name from your Past Time of sneaking into People's Bedrooms at Night :v :))

Yes, but I didn't steal those pearls, honest! :))