The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Happy to say watching " 8 out of 10 cats , end of year quizz" that in their section
    On the poll on the most talked about things of the year. Spectre was the 3rd most
    Talked about thing of 2015. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Of course I watched OHMSS on December 25th. That's one of my Christmas movies that I regularly watch on Christmas -{

Also on the Christmas Days menu was Jurassic World, Mad Max Fury Road and John Wick as a retrospective on the best of 2015 :))
    Dalton Rulez™
    :)) I think many of us watched OHMSS over Christmas.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,279MI6 Agent
    :)) I think many of us watched OHMSS over Christmas.

Yes, it's a tradition to watch the greatest Bond of all time on Xmas Day :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    On that subject.........

"Watching OHMSS again ( so many times)    but have only just noticed something odd, at the end of the
    movie .   ..................   Is Bond driving on the wrong side of the road ?
    He's driving on the left ( normal for a car in the UK) then waves on a following car to overtake him on the
    Right ? ( at a very bad, blind right turn by the way ). All fine for the UK, but isn't he in Portugal ? So shouldn't he
    Be Driving on the right and waving cars on to overtake him on the left ?  I notice even Blofeld's car is also a
    right hand drive model.
      It's funny what you pick up on after a few hundred viewings " ;)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) yes I never noticed that! :) Santa very kindly brought me the Blu-Ray of OHMSS so I need to watch it again to check...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    It looks fantastic on Bluray. -{
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,279MI6 Agent
    What a brilliant piece of observation TP I have never noticed that before -{

Anyway break open a bottle of Dom Perignon '52 I expect I will be one of the first on these boards to greet 2016 - just under 2 hours to go now here on Mactan -{ -{ -{

A very happy and prosperous New Year to all AJBer's -{ -{ -{
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    {[] Happy new year !! {[]

It's fun watching the celebrations spread across the world. :)
    Monica_Bellucci_Candid_monica_bellucci_233901_14.jpg
    Just a quick Health message, remember to get your five a day in 2016. ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,633Chief of Staff
    Monica_Bellucci_Candid_monica_bellucci_233901_14.jpg
    Just a quick Health message, remember to get your five a day in 2016. ;)

Don't think I could manage five like her a day :o

But I'm willing to give it my best shot :D
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    On that subject.........

"Watching OHMSS again ( so many times)    but have only just noticed something odd, at the end of the
    movie .   ..................   Is Bond driving on the wrong side of the road ?
    He's driving on the left ( normal for a car in the UK) then waves on a following car to overtake him on the
    Right ? ( at a very bad, blind right turn by the way ). All fine for the UK, but isn't he in Portugal ? So shouldn't he
    Be Driving on the right and waving cars on to overtake him on the left ?  I notice even Blofeld's car is also a
    right hand drive model.
      It's funny what you pick up on after a few hundred viewings " ;)

I seem to recall reading that Portugal was amongst the last two or three European countries to switch from left-hand drive to right-hand drive, however, I think it was pre-1960s and therefore long before OHMSS.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,413Chief of Staff
    (Wanders in, looking exhausted)
    Well, that's my busy season over for the moment- time to get back to normal life.
    (Thumps bar)
    Landlord! Loads of coffee and the full breakfast please. :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Good to see you back, Musicman!

Some Haggis, extra disgusting - for him, please :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Extra disgusting, just the way I like it- thanks Higgins! :) I trust you had a pleasant festive season (festtage?) yourself?
    " Your revels, now have ended" ;)
    ...and it's time for peace and quiet to break out! Back to AJB for more than 30 seconds at a time.
    " So the least we can expect from you now is a little plain solid work " :))

Yes it's all harmony here. :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Extra disgusting, just the way I like it- thanks Higgins! :)

I know that you prefer it that way over there in Scotland :D
    Yes, Festtage where good and we are still not sober :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I thought they were going to ban Haggis hunting this year. ;)
    There was a scholar from the University of Stollen in here earlier who explained that "Higginsch" is German for "Haggis". It makes so much sense.
    Apparently the SNP will allow the English MPs to vote on whether haggis hunting should be banned or not.

(It may take some research to understand that one)
    The WWF are trying to make Tesco's aisle 3 a haggis refuge in which hunting is banned.
    On a recent Celeb come dine with me, a scottish couple
    showed a photo of a captured Haggis.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent
    I visited Scotland a few years ago. I tried haggis, and was surprised to like it! :D
    I tied it once and didn't like it, but my wife loved it, but I think there
    a several different kinds. So perhaps I might like a different recipe.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I like the vegan haggis myself.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I have a friend who always orders bacon on his veggie burger, much to the bemusement of staff. He'd probably have the vegan haggis...with sausages.
    From an old comedy show here in the UK " Just good friends"

"You know what a Vegan is ?"
    "Of course I know what a Vegan is ! ... I never miss an
    episode of Star Trek !" :D
    My wife, son, and daughter are all vegetarians (though not vegan) so I have eaten plenty of vegetarian burgers & sausages and, yes, veggie haggis as well. It's all fine, but every now and then I find myself sneaking off to McD's or wherever for real meat.

Hence my fondness for the traditional fried breakfast (Full Monty, Ulster Fry, whatever you want to call it). We were gigging in a hotel on Hogmanay, stayed the night and woke up to the full brekkie.... wonderful!