The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    So that's what you've been up to for the past few weeks, Sir Miles... :v :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    So that's what you've been up to for the past few weeks, Sir Miles... :v :D

Similar...except the other way round :#
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    One of the usual, please :007)
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    (TB2 roles a massive ball of wool into a corner of the pub. Its the size a cranes wrecking ball)
    This is followed by a four foot tall, heavily clawed tree trunk on castors.

I'm knackered. I wish Holly would put her larger toys away when she has finished playing with them!

Hullo 24, sorry for the delay. - I'l have one as well. Enjoy!

(Two pint glasses of Coke Zero are put on the bar)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    edited May 2017
    Thank you. It's no accident Holly works security here instead of a guard dog. Neither is it an accident that Holly leads to more accidents.
    Oh that's a bit unfair!
    Here, have another (A third glass of Coke Zero appears)

Holly's very good at what she does and is a very good natured cat.
    The problem is with the fact she is a wee bit bigger than average, which scare some folk, and we have a lot of gadgets and gizmos in the pub.

That reminds me, its time I did a checklist.
    PUSSY!! Is there anything you need on order? - and no I am not getting chickens for the cellar meeting next week!
    I have to draw the line somewhere.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I think you should stop selling 24 coke zero until he can fit back into his bunad! :v
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Don't blame the Coke Zero! President Trump is also a fan of Coke Zero and we all know that man can do no wrong :D
    Do I take it that you are modelling yourself on Donald Trump?
    Don't belive the lyin' media (fake news). His presidency is the most successful ever. He is tired of winning. Fantastic!
    And all because he's a Coke Zero drinker. :D
    That's great non fake news then 24, I'll remind you of it when the neuro toxin aspartame has rendered you unable to walk :o
    I don't know what Neuro toxin aspartame is, but I can walk. I just checked.
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't know what Neuro toxin aspartame is, but I can walk. I just checked.
    Aspartame is what's used in place of sugar, it's a neuro toxin which the brain identifies as a foreign substance and sets about attacking it, which causes inflammation. This materialises in a lot of people as chronic arthritis.
    This is why Prime Minister May had to help Trump down the steps when she visited the White House.
    20170522_195704.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Don't listen to what virtually all scientists say about the subject they are experts on. If you believe strongly enough that something is true, it becomes fact. So says the gospel of the great Donald!
    Number24 wrote:
    Don't listen to what virtually all scentists say about the subject they are experts on. If you believe strongly enough that something is true, it becomes fact. So says the gospel of the great Donald!

20170522_202108.jpg
    Honestly I've never heard about a link between arthritis and Coke Zero before. I'll have to look into it.
    Not Arthritis - Altzheimers!

There was a big splash of news last month that Aspartame could be linked to memory loss and dementia. I don't like or read The Sun. But the link gives an example of the journalism in question.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3380005/diet-coke-pepsi-max-aspartame-caffeine/
    I don't really read any papers, but I was listening to a health section on a radio programme, there was a doctor on there who told a tale of a man who was housebound due to the pain of his arthritis. He drank 2 liters of diet Pepsi a day. The doctor told the man to cut out the Pepsi and any other foods containing aspartame and within a month he was practically pain free and able to resume his normal life.
    Are you sure Coke Zero can't cause ebola too...?
    For the last time - he has been quite clear he does not want to be James Bond!
    Including sponsorship, that kind of talk belongs in the Future Bond thread.
    Ah, misread. Carry on.

I am adding health warning signs to the diet fizzy drinks to be on the safe side.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Zero coke, zero calories, zero memories. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    Drinks all round tonight in honour of a friend most of us never met but knew so well.
    Yes, I'll be raising a glass tonight
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    (TB2 carefully places a large piece of black velvet around the painting of the Vauxhaull Building, framing it.
    After making sure its straight, he raises a glass.)

I never met Sir Roger Moore. However as a boy in the audience, he wowed me with his performances as James Bond before I discovered he was The Saint, and countless other characters in film. Perhaps greater though, I learned of his professionalisim, his generosity and of course, his warm - and naughty!) sense of humour.
    Rest In Peace Sir Roger, you have inspired me - and no doubt countless others to be more than we are.
    -{

SABs will be screening TSWLM on the Viewscreen tonight in tribute, at 20.00 hrs.
    Barbel wrote:
    Drinks all round tonight in honour of a friend most of us never met but knew so well.
    Not being overdramatic but I actually do feel like I've lost a friend
    Bollinger please, if it's 69 you were expecting me
    -{ Cheers chaps and good health, let's remember Sir Roger for the brilliant bond he was and the beautiful human he also was. As such a pacifist as he was possibly too beautiful for how ugly the world is at the moment.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

A lovely glass of Phuyuck, naturally!

tmwtgg.png
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bollinger please, if it's 69 you were expecting me
    -{ Cheers chaps and good health, let's remember Sir Roger for the brilliant bond he was and the beautiful human he also was. As such such a pacifist as he was possibly too beautiful for how ugly the world is at the moment.

I know he served in the military. Did he become pacifist later in life?

(Raises a glass of Coke Zero) Thank you, sir Roger. :007)
    As a kid I'd run home from school to watch Roger as the Saint ( itv showed them weekday afternoons ). Then it
    Was the Persuaders, in those days we'd watch as a family all enjoying Roger's antics . With Bond, I
    Still remember watching TSWLM, and being simply blown away by it.
    I think that's where I developed my love of double entendres ..... I so wanted to be as suave and funny as
    Roger Moore. I think watching TSWLM tonight, I'll have a tear in my eye for a life long hero of mine.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Hello, gents. I believe I'll drink to the life and work of the great Sir Roger Moore.

Barkeep, a vodka martini, if you please. You know the procedure; thanks very much.

We miss you, Sir Rog. Rest in peace.

-{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM